Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Default Carwin vs. Valasquez at UFC 104

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15377/shan...-on-oct-24.mma

Quote:
A heavyweight contest between top undefeated prospects Shane Carwin (11-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Cain Velasquez (6-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) is currently in the works for UFC 104.

If finalized, the bout would likely feature on the main card of the Oct. 24 pay-per-view event, which will take place at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Sources close to the bout, which was first reported by MMAMadness.com, have confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Carwin has verbally accepted the contest, while Velasquez is expected to follow suit.

Carwin also confirmed his participation in the contest with a post on his Twitter account.

"Looks like I'll be fighting Oct. 24 in Los Angeles," Carwin stated. "Excited to know."
I see Carwin winning this. Seems like a great fight with two evenly-matched, strong wrestlers on a similar career trajectory
Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Hughes fanboy

Hmmm....I'd rather see them wait on this one....have Carwin face the loser of Mir/Lesnar first...have Cain vs Brandon Vera first....hmmm
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Carwin wins this. wrestling is solid enough to handle Cain. and his striking is definitely better.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Carwin wins this. wrestling is solid enough to handle Cain. and his striking is definitely better.
thats why he got cracked by gonzaga right?... Shane has power but he leaves himeslf open to get hit... got lit up a little in the wain fight too.... I agree though cain better not leave himself open to get hit like he did versus kongo but carwin isnt half the striker Kongo is.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
thats why he got cracked by gonzaga right?... Shane has power but he leaves himeslf open to get hit... got lit up a little in the wain fight too.... I agree though cain better not leave himself open to get hit like he did versus kongo but carwin isnt half the striker Kongo is.
so did Cro Cop everyone gets hit , except for Machida. and Gonzaga went to sleep vs Carwin. Carwin isn't the best striker in the world but Cain has nothing standing and will be put to rest at UFC 104.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Carwin by KO round 1.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
so did Cro Cop everyone gets hit , except for Machida. and Gonzaga went to sleep vs Carwin. Carwin isn't the best striker in the world but Cain has nothing standing and will be put to rest at UFC 104.
carwin didnt even put his hip into that punch which makes it even more amazing
Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
carwin didnt even put his hip into that punch which makes it even more amazing
Yeah, I thought that was crazy! Carwin was backpedaling when he threw the punch and it was a straight arm punch, just amazing!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Crisco

I think cain is too green for Carwin.

He needs more work on his standup. Cain's wrestling is awesome but I see Carwin getting the KO.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Jason 16

Cain is just on another level of wrestling and I see him takeing him down but Carwin is like lesner that it dosent matter if you won the first two rounds one right hand will end it.