Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I tried following the link, but of course im at work and its blocked...
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony "Rumble" Johnson
"Iíll fight anybody the UFC puts in front of me but Iíd like to fight Matt Hughes one day. People say his level of fighting is better than mine because he has a lot of experience. I donít care. Heís a dick. Hopeufully Iíll get a chance to knock him out like Thiago Alves did...

When I fought Tommy [Speer] he was weird. Me and my friends were walking out of the locker room and he walked by. I said whatís up to him and nodded my head and he kept walking like I was invisible. I thought ok, youíre like that. Iím friendly. You only have one life to live. But if heís like that I know why Matt Serra wants to beat his ass...

He wants to retire but he doesnít need to retire until I beat his ass. After Matt Serra beats him give him to me and Iíll retire him. The HIT squad is great. Everything he does is great but I want to fight him because of that incident. Maybe he didnít see me but I saw him look right at me. You want to be like that Iíll give you a reason not to want to look at me."
Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Here you go:
Oh hell to the NO... Ok so he's definitely on my list now!! He just don't know!!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
That dude has some amazing striking. IMO, a couple more top tier wins and he's in line. For whatever reason, he's never included in the discussions...
You are probably the only fan of his around here. He was new to the UFC and talked smack and ran his mouth about Matt Hughes, a Legend of the sport and the most dominate WW of all time. He hasn't beat anyone, or done anything for the sport...He beat Tommy Spear who was training at HIT SQUAD, that's about as far as him doing anything in MMA goes. He was disrespectful to a man that most fighters look up to and respect.That was enough for me not to like him.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
clm12704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
You are probably the only fan of his around here. He was new to the UFC and talked smack and ran his mouth about Matt Hughes, a Legend of the sport and the most dominate WW of all time. He hasn't beat anyone, or done anything for the sport...He beat Tommy Spear who was training at HIT SQUAD, that's about as far as him doing anything in MMA goes. He was disrespectful to a man that most fighters look up to and respect.That was enough for me not to like him.
From that interview, it sounds like he feels he was the one disrespected. Not only that, but he's also trying to build hype and get himself into bigger fights.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
From that interview, it sounds like he feels he was the one disrespected. Not only that, but he's also trying to build hype and get himself into bigger fights.

I think anybody with half a brain knows if you hurt someones friend, the last thing that "someone", in this case, Hughes, is going to want to do is hang out and chat about technique. I guess he never got the memo regarding that. But after all, Johnson was the guy that after his fight with either Keith Wilson or Chad Reiner said "Now he can go home and tell his Mother (or somebody) he got beat by a Blackman", so whatever. He has got a mouth on him.

To his credit though, I must say he has been a lot more respectful since his Burns fights. Hopefully he's getting his ego under control.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

no strong feelings either way yet