Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Maldonado136

here is an article on it

http://www.mmascraps.net/2009/06/fig...-from-ufc.html
Old 07-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
yeah, it said what i said. it's for MMA fighters not under contract with the UFC.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
nah i meant ufc fighters. apparently a few fighters like machida and randy actually havent signed away their likeness rights yet so they could be in the game but they wont. the makers of the ea game were talking about how they could get those two in their game. although it could also refer to fighters who arent in the ufc yet as well
i didn't know about Randy and Machida? they won't sell their rights.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
It allmost seems like if your a good mid level or a good new fighter go to strikeforce or something non zufa controled
Thats sort of what I was thinking,
unless you're a top 2 or 3 in your weight class, you're probably better off in Japan,
or Strikeforce, Affliction, somewhere.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN
There are a lot of similarities in the UFC and Nascar. For any certain brand to sponsor a car in nascar I beleave they have to pay nascar first. I could be wrong but I beleave that's right. I could see the UFC using nascar as a business model. It sucks for the fighters right now but over time this could cause the spot on a shirt in the octagon to be more valuable. Just a thought I'm not defending the UFC on this one.
I would like to be a fly on the wall when Dana has to explain this one to his fighters.
Nascar teams charge sponsors to place a logo on their car, the price is 5k and up too 500k per race. Though I would imagine teams and sponsors work out deals for year long sponsorship.

Nascar charges a fee for a Team to compete to be able to race on race day. Not only that but Nascar charges everything from inspections, crews and so on. The total I think I heard at one time was 140k, but I can't remember the numbers they were spitting, I just remember a sponsor less car running the races trying to pick up sponsors for the coming season.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Crisco

I wish Machida would sign over to EA. I'd like to see what Dana does.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
David_Banner

Its weird. Stranger is the UFC doesnt feel the need to come out and explain this type of stuff to the public.

I think a real motive here is by reducing/controlling a fighters income outside of the ring, they will in turn force fighters into fighting the fights the UFC ask them to fight and doing what the UFC asks them to do. We won't see as many guys turning down fights anymore if the only way a fighter gets sponsorship money is by stepping into the ring. Fighters won't be able to draw nice paychecks outside of the ring anymore, which my guess is the point.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I wish Machida would sign over to EA. I'd like to see what Dana does.
Machida is on the THQ game so I think he had to have signed the contract to be on that.

[
Old 07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Nascar teams charge sponsors to place a logo on their car, the price is 5k and up too 500k per race. Though I would imagine teams and sponsors work out deals for year long sponsorship.

Nascar charges a fee for a Team to compete to be able to race on race day. Not only that but Nascar charges everything from inspections, crews and so on. The total I think I heard at one time was 140k, but I can't remember the numbers they were spitting, I just remember a sponsor less car running the races trying to pick up sponsors for the coming season.
This assumes multi race deals. Many do one race deals for much cheaper but as an example Old Spice and Office Depot are paying Tony Stewart this for his car. He gets more because he wins and is a former champ.

Hood-1 million
front quatrer pannels 500K
Rear pannels 250 k
rear bumper 500 K
In car with race camera 500K

Also you are right NASCAR does charge for everything.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:51 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
This assumes multi race deals. Many do one race deals for much cheaper but as an example Old Spice and Office Depot are paying Tony Stewart this for his car. He gets more because he wins and is a former champ.

Hood-1 million
front quatrer pannels 500K
Rear pannels 250 k
rear bumper 500 K
In car with race camera 500K

Also you are right NASCAR does charge for everything.
Thanks for those numbers, I wasn't sure what was considered a 1 race deal vs multiple race vs a season. The only numbers I could come across was 350-500k for the hood and fender. I also read that depending on a race the sponsors will usually have to pay a lot more, Daytona is one of those places thats comes to mind due to its huge popularity.