Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:10 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Hey, at least he fought his way to that paper belt and didn't have to use his fame as an actor *ahem, wrestler, to get fast tracked at the speed of light.
What does that have to do with anything? Brock became a champ in just 4 fights, it's not a fluke. It's also not his fault that he was given the shot....and won.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I hate it when people want someone to apologize for who they are. He was in another buisiness and came to mma. His last position blessed him with fame and Dana knew that it would be good for the UFC because the fans would pay to see it and Brock won. If Dana came up with an idea to give a nobody a title shot and your name was drawn from the hat, I would be willing to bet that you would take the shot. Then someone would be on this forum sayint that you used a lucky chance to get a shot. Darn right you would and so would I! Brock was famous and he should not have to be sorry for that.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
I hate it when people want someone to apologize for who they are. He was in another buisiness and came to mma. His last position blessed him with fame and Dana knew that it would be good for the UFC because the fans would pay to see it and Brock won. If Dana came up with an idea to give a nobody a title shot and your name was drawn from the hat, I would be willing to bet that you would take the shot. Then someone would be on this forum sayint that you used a lucky chance to get a shot. Darn right you would and so would I! Brock was famous and he should not have to be sorry for that.
Amen Rev!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
I hate it when people want someone to apologize for who they are. He was in another buisiness and came to mma. His last position blessed him with fame and Dana knew that it would be good for the UFC because the fans would pay to see it and Brock won. If Dana came up with an idea to give a nobody a title shot and your name was drawn from the hat, I would be willing to bet that you would take the shot. Then someone would be on this forum sayint that you used a lucky chance to get a shot. Darn right you would and so would I! Brock was famous and he should not have to be sorry for that.
Not sure how long you've been a part of this community, but I wouldn't take things so seriously lol. Have a read around the place. Most of the trash talking, like I'm doing, is done out of good 'ol fun. I reality, while I want Mir to win, I don't think negatively of Lesnar at all lol. Take it all in stride Mr. Serious hehe.

Don't encourage intelligent conversation Rock! lol
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

lol. My bad , I have been having this same conversation with some of the guys I work out with and was already primed. lol love the cut on Rock at the end btw
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
lol. My bad , I have been having this same conversation with some of the guys I work out with and was already primed. lol love the cut on Rock at the end btw
Before I was able to wise up around here some of these great members would really get under my skin. We have the best collection of professional internet trolls you'll find anywhere. That isn't an insult either. After a while, you'll be able to sense the mood of most people around here.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Before I was able to wise up around here some of these great members would really get under my skin. We have the best collection of professional internet trolls you'll find anywhere. That isn't an insult either. After a while, you'll be able to sense the mood of most people around here.
Oh shut up....


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Hey, at least he fought his way to that paper belt and didn't have to use his fame as an actor *ahem, wrestler, to get fast tracked at the speed of light.
we'll forget his 106-5 amatuer record and pretend he came straight from WWE. he trained MMA probably 3 years before the UFC called. he won the title so it really doesn't matter if he was fast tracked.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
we'll forget his 106-5 amatuer record and pretend he came straight from WWE. he trained MMA probably 3 years before the UFC called. he won the title so it really doesn't matter if he was fast tracked.
well, forget about reading the posts in the thread and realizing that you just took the entire conversation too seriously.

goodness, let's not talk about his training. He couldn't even finish Hearing even though he had him in so many dominant positions, they had to make up names for them. He didn't even fight back for the majority of the fight and it still went to a decision. :roll:
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
well, forget about reading the posts in the thread and realizing that you just took the entire conversation too seriously.

goodness, let's not talk about his training. He couldn't even finish Hearing even though he had him in so many dominant positions, they had to make up names for them. He didn't even fight back for the majority of the fight and it still went to a decision.
fixed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.