Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Miss Foxy

I don't think Mir is gonna get tossed up as bad as most think.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Jason 16

I think Mir got a huge false boost from beating nog . Iam a huge fan of Big Nog and I realy think he should not have fought that night. he was 80% in one eye and 20% blind in the other and a bad case of staph that was covered up no wonder why Mir looked so good in his fight. he fought the worst possible Nog possible
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
I think Mir got a huge false boost from beating nog . Iam a huge fan of Big Nog and I realy think he should not have fought that night. he was 80% in one eye and 20% blind in the other and a bad case of staph that was covered up no wonder why Mir looked so good in his fight. he fought the worst possible Nog possible

I agree that taking out a weakened and slow Nog wasn't as impressive as some may think. (including Mir) I have mixed opinions on Mir, he's awfully cocky but was a former champ and does have all the skills. I just think that his new found stand-up skills aren't going to have the same effect on Lesnar than they did on a flat-footed Nog. On the feet, Brock doesn't have to do anything fancy but keep his hands up, have decent movement and give Mir a steady 1-2 diet--his power will do the rest. That said, I really believe Brock wants to take him down, get top control and pound Mir into a smooth paste.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM

i think people are to easy to dismiss the obviously more SKILLED fighter in this mathup...

This fight could go either way in my eyes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
you're right it's gonna be worse
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
i think people are to easy to dismiss the obviously more SKILLED fighter in this mathup...

This fight could go either way in my eyes
Depends how you look at it. Brock is FAR more superior in wrestling and Mir is FAR more superior in BJJ. If you had to make it a standup fight, Brock has the speed, reach, and power over Mir. Mir might have better punching technique, but when you have a neck the size of Brock's and lunchboxes for fists, it doesn't really matter unless you're fighting a pro boxer, which Mir is far from in standup skills.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Melissa, this is a preview of Mir's face after Brock gets ahold of him.

It's not so bad!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Depends how you look at it. Brock is FAR more superior in wrestling and Mir is FAR more superior in BJJ. If you had to make it a standup fight, Brock has the speed, reach, and power over Mir. Mir might have better punching technique, but when you have a neck the size of Brock's and lunchboxes for fists, it doesn't really matter unless you're fighting a pro boxer, which Mir is far from in standup skills.
yeah but techingue wise brocks not even a temendous wrestler... all he really has is a power double leg... reason hes such a good wrestler is cause hes so strong and explosive.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
yeah but techingue wise brocks not even a temendous wrestler... all he really has is a power double leg... reason hes such a good wrestler is cause hes so strong and explosive.
Dude, the guy went 106-5 overall in 4 years of NCAA Division I wrestling, he was the runner-up in 1999 and champion in 2000. You think a power double leg alone is going to win a championship and have him receive an offer to join the U.S.A. Olympic wrestling team? Get real man!

And go back and read what you just typed: "brocks not even a temendous wrestler", then you finish with "hes such a good wrestler".
Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Dude, the guy went 106-5 overall in 4 years of NCAA Division I wrestling, he was the runner-up in 1999 and champion in 2000. You think a power double leg alone is going to win a championship and have him receive an offer to join the U.S.A. Olympic wrestling team? Get real man!

And go back and read what you just typed: "brocks not even a temendous wrestler", then you finish with "hes such a good wrestler".
this