Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Country Breakfast

Default Drew Fickett Hits Rock Bottom

Source: Cagepotato
Drew Fickett used to be the most entertaining drunk in MMA. But over the last year, his increasingly erratic behavior and 2-7 skid against fighters he should have been able to destroy have sent up red flags about his well-being. Saturday night, he hit his bottom. "The Master" was booked to face prolific submission victim Shannon Ritch at a Rage in the Cage event, and was barred from fighting because he showed up intoxicated. As Ritch explained on the UG:

Its True...
I showed up to fight, made weight- and waited for Drew.
Drew finally showed up, saw him with the DR. Pre fight physcial and YEP- he was a little waisted. Police were out front they gave Drew a breath- a- lizer- I believe I heard them say he blew a .18 (2X the legal limit.)
Its just Sad, I am a huge Drew Fickett fan, he is a great fighter, but obvisiously has a problem. He is in a dark time in his life. I hope he gets it together.

All I can say about RITC- Rage In The Cage is-
They did the right thing, They paid me in full and even tried to get another fighter to replace Drew, no luck. JPET and ROLAND did all they could to get the fight to happen, even going as far as giving DREW time to sober up,
To no avail...he was just really DRUNK...

Im sad for the fans that bought tickets- I had over 100 people there from my home town to watch me fight, Maybe next time.
If only this was the first time that Fickett screwed over a promoter. Between his drunken antics and his recent losses to non-contenders, it's hard to imagine that any MMA orgs would be willing to take a chance on Drew at this point. And that's for the best. Fickett's life has obviously become unmanageable. We hope he can find some professional help, dry out, and prove that his immense talent won't go to waste forever.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Jason 16

dammm.... and he did it all to him self
Old 06-30-2009, 05:18 AM

crazy to think he beat josh koscheck at one time
Old 06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast
Source: Cagepotato
Drew Fickett used to be the most entertaining drunk in MMA. But over the last year, his increasingly erratic behavior and 2-7 skid against fighters he should have been able to destroy have sent up red flags about his well-being. Saturday night, he hit his bottom. "The Master" was booked to face prolific submission victim Shannon Ritch at a Rage in the Cage event, and was barred from fighting because he showed up intoxicated. As Ritch explained on the UG:

Its True...
I showed up to fight, made weight- and waited for Drew.
Drew finally showed up, saw him with the DR. Pre fight physcial and YEP- he was a little waisted. Police were out front they gave Drew a breath- a- lizer- I believe I heard them say he blew a .18 (2X the legal limit.)
Its just Sad, I am a huge Drew Fickett fan, he is a great fighter, but obvisiously has a problem. He is in a dark time in his life. I hope he gets it together.

All I can say about RITC- Rage In The Cage is-
They did the right thing, They paid me in full and even tried to get another fighter to replace Drew, no luck. JPET and ROLAND did all they could to get the fight to happen, even going as far as giving DREW time to sober up,
To no avail...he was just really DRUNK...

Im sad for the fans that bought tickets- I had over 100 people there from my home town to watch me fight, Maybe next time.
If only this was the first time that Fickett screwed over a promoter. Between his drunken antics and his recent losses to non-contenders, it's hard to imagine that any MMA orgs would be willing to take a chance on Drew at this point. And that's for the best. Fickett's life has obviously become unmanageable. We hope he can find some professional help, dry out, and prove that his immense talent won't go to waste forever.
Man, this is a real bummer. I used to really enjoy watching Drew throwdown. I hope he gets help before he pulls a Rampage.