Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default There is a Vacancy...

For my old job at Saint Paul's Cathedral.

Unfortunately...Three out of the Four people who were difficult with me before, are still there and in exactly the same role as before. The Head of Personnel, The Deans Virger, and Canon Warner are all still there! Major General John Milne has, or is on his way out, saw his Job as Registrar advertized, The Treasurer went to Lincoln, The Succentor left for Pastoral Ministry, the Chancellor has gone on to be Dean of one of the Oxbridge Colleges, now the Sacrist has gone aswell!

We almost have a full revolution of the Clergy since my tenure...only the Pastor (who is now the Treasurer) and the Precentor remain unchanged on Chapter, and only the Chaplain in the College of Minor Canons.

I thought I might apply as a joke to fighten them all...but I decided it would only depress me...so I didnt bother
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
For my old job at Saint Paul's Cathedral.

Unfortunately...Three out of the Four people who were difficult with me before, are still there and in exactly the same role as before. The Head of Personnel, The Deans Virger, and Canon Warner are all still there! Major General John Milne has, or is on his way out, saw his Job as Registrar advertized, The Treasurer went to Lincoln, The Succentor left for Pastoral Ministry, the Chancellor has gone on to be Dean of one of the Oxbridge Colleges, now the Sacrist has gone aswell!

We almost have a full revolution of the Clergy since my tenure...only the Pastor (who is now the Treasurer) and the Precentor remain unchanged on Chapter, and only the Chaplain in the College of Minor Canons.

I thought I might apply as a joke to fighten them all...but I decided it would only depress me...so I didnt bother
I don't know your situation but it is apparent that at least subconsciously you are still interested in this job. You should apply. The worst thing that could happen is you can be turned down. You will not have lost anything and if it isn't meant to be, at least that door in your life will be completely closed and you can move forward and not look back wondering what might have been. I am an outsider looking in but the Church of England appears to be in an awful state with many outright heretics and apostates. If you are an orthodox (small "o") Christian you should at least try to get back in and do your duty and try to be a voice of authentic Christianity. Just my two cents.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
I don't know your situation but it is apparent that at least subconsciously you are still interested in this job. You should apply. The worst thing that could happen is you can be turned down. You will not have lost anything and if it isn't meant to be, at least that door in your life will be completely closed and you can move forward and not look back wondering what might have been. I am an outsider looking in but the Church of England appears to be in an awful state with many outright heretics and apostates. If you are an orthodox (small "o") Christian you should at least try to get back in and do your duty and try to be a voice of authentic Christianity. Just my two cents.
its too late now, the closing date is like tommorow

That door in my life was closed by GOD more then Four Years ago.

As with many Denominations and with all Human Institutions, the Church is Fallen. I dont know about other Cathedrals, but my time at Saint Paul's was intense. There were moments of ellation, and times where I truely caught a glimpse of Christianity at its very best.

There were also times of great dispare, terrible hardship, and a learning curve that was sharper then an arrow. I saw the Church at its most political, I saw the fallen nature of otherwise good men. I have scar tissue left over from that period of my life.

I also have tried several times to re-enter the Church on that level. The problem is, its a very small world, and for the time being I am on the outside, and the voices against me on the inside are far louder...To stand any chance of getting into a Cathedral in the Church of England...I really have to wait until the Deans Virger at Saint Paul's has left the scene...and possibly one of their present members of Chapter...I personally think that he learned as much as I did from what went down and he probably wouldnt interfere with a different Cathedrals employment consideration...but the Deans Virger would...He did when I was schedualed to move from Saint Paul's....He did also about a year ago.

The major issue is of course, to be elligable for the job I must mention my background at Saint Paul's...the moment I do that, they go to Saint Paul's to check me out. Next thing you know, they drop me like a hot coal.

It hasnt stopped me applying for York, Twice, Bath and Wells, and Bristol