Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Let me show you a few more then

This first Video is of Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln isnt anything important as Cathedrals go BUT its one of the more impressive Monuments the Church has. I was born in Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wah5f-0lio

The Second is of Saint Paul's Cathedral. This Cathedral is the Throne of the Top Bishop of the English Church. It ranks at Number Three under the Two Archbishops (York and Canterbury) I used to work here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlVas1itjSo

The third is York Minister...this building lies less then forty Mins away from my house by Train (Although I actually live under the Rule of Ripon Cathedral, which is forty mins in the other direction...but its crappy looking, so I aint showing it to you LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoP2zktFI34

I am very impressed with Lincoln Cathidral and Lincoln itself,,i took the liberty of watching a couple other videos about the the town itself and all i can say is we lived very different lives as we were growing up if you were born and raised there,,
The architecture is very impressive indeed,,your lucky to have experienced it first hand,
Old 02-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
I am very impressed with Lincoln Cathidral and Lincoln itself,,i took the liberty of watching a couple other videos about the the town itself and all i can say is we lived very different lives as we were growing up if you were born and raised there,,
The architecture is very impressive indeed,,your lucky to have experienced it first hand,
I spent the first 18 years of my life in Lincoln, I lived in a little Suburb about four miles out from the Centre of town, called Swallowbeck, Our house was large, our Garden was larger, it was a fantastic place to be raised.

My Grandmother still lives in Lincoln at present, she still goes to the Church I was brought-up in, and one of my Friends from Saint Paul's, is now the Dean of Lincoln Cathedral Next tiem I go to Lincoln I shall have to record some videos of the area I grew up in.

Our house had an old pond, but it got drained when we were tiny children because my parents were worried that one of us would fall in and drown, so it became a sunken Garden...The House was detached so we could play music loud and not disturb anybody...honnestly...occasionally I still have dreams about the place...its funny, because when I first started on the anti-depressents they would awaken memories I hadnt had in a very long time...perhaps it was being able to hear the noise of the conservatory door slam...very distinctive...or perhaps it was the sound of the railwayline blowing through the study window when the wind was right....Strange memories mostly audio, that would really take me back.

Infact...I'll go scan in and post some pictures in the picture thread for you

Last edited by Tyburn; 02-03-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I spent the first 18 years of my life in Lincoln, I lived in a little Suburb about four miles out from the Centre of town, called Swallowbeck, Our house was large, our Garden was larger, it was a fantastic place to be raised.

My Grandmother still lives in Lincoln at present, she still goes to the Church I was brought-up in, and one of my Friends from Saint Paul's, is now the Dean of Lincoln Cathedral Next tiem I go to Lincoln I shall have to record some videos of the area I grew up in.

Our house had an old pond, but it got drained when we were tiny children because my parents were worried that one of us would fall in and drown, so it became a sunken Garden...The House was detached so we could play music loud and not disturb anybody...honnestly...occasionally I still have dreams about the place...its funny, because when I first started on the anti-depressents they would awaken memories I hadnt had in a very long time...perhaps it was being able to hear the noise of the conservatory door slam...very distinctive...or perhaps it was the sound of the railwayline blowing through the study window when the wind was right....Strange memories mostly audio, that would really take me back.

Infact...I'll go scan in and post some pictures in the picture thread for you
sounds great,,i would be very interested in seeing them,,