Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
What exactly happened to make your situation harder? Specifics please.

You were so poor before that you had not an extra penny (sterling/pound whatever). How could it have gotten worse yet you are still making it fine it seems?

It appears that the only difference is that now you have somewhere else to place the blame.
Well its like this Denise.

See I'm in a low paid job, I have my own flat which is more then a lot of people my age in England...most people either flat share...or they live with their parents...or they are married and have breadwinners in high paid jobs.

I could bearly afford to live...that is why I am on the computer all the time. I have no money for a proper social life, I can only afford to go to the cinema once a month, subsidized by vouchers given to me as a Birthday Present.

I have little savings because of the HUGE cost of living down in London whilst I was at Saint Paul's. Over the past three years I clawed back a 100K STIRLING overdraft by living off only 30per week for everything. That was fine, and early THIS year FOUR YEARS after LEAVING London I managed to actually break out of my overdraft and become solvent.

Then Greedy Banks in the United States started packaging and selling complex bonds and shyte in the Sub Prime Market of the United States (they had the unregulated freedom to do so) many people took them up on their offer, and began to buy mortgages and stuff and live off Credit. Which was fine until the Bank required the money.

Then the buyers couldnt pay the banks...and the banks couldnt pay the people who were invested in them...because they play with your money to earn themselves more capital.

When that happened...everyone lost trust in their banks...it looked like they had no money...so everyone started a run, thinking "well best get my money out before the banks have absolutely no money" Banks arent made to give out all the money at any one time...and thats when the banks started going bust...like some bloody stack of dominos...the banks on Wallstreet started to go bankrupt! now...the Dollar (which is the money financially they were using, underpins the world economy) Before you know it...this chain of events were hitting banks in Europe which depended on banks in the United States.

Global Recession begins, and The United States Government decides to give the banks the money...and half the population of America scream "no", they are frightened of their rights being violated...the same rights they abused to cause the problem...they think the bankers should pay..but the bankers already have their millions from years of bad practise under capitalism. Punishing the banks only punishes the rest of the world...the Bankers dont care...the worst that happens to those truely responsible is early retirement as millionaires! The US Government delays...meanwhiles banks and with it businesses are collapsing ALL OVER the bloody world!! Other Governments begin to join together to nationalize the banks. Those least protected were hit the hardest. We had a dumbass Treasurer in office for ten years, whilst a Government worked on ruining the Education system, following an illicit war, and cost cutting on our Health Service...think they were prepared?

So...what do they do...well...all the prices rise, and the wages stay the same. So now...I somehow have to find EXTRA money to live off THE SAME ammount. You see how that is a LONG way from being my fault
Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Why are we trusting our lives to "experts" anyway? Wasn't it experts who claimed that the Titanic was unsinkable? Wasn't it experts who specifically designed the World Trade Center towers to withstand several impacts from fully loaded jet liners without collapsing?

But I'm sure they'll get it right this time.
The Titanic would have been fine if she hadnt been speeding to impress, if she hadnt been disregarding proper procedures.

The Experts do base their things on the assumption that perameters dont change. If anyone had asked the expert if they thought she'd still be unsinkable after colliding with an iceberg whilst travelling WELL over the speed limit...they might not have been so sure.

But she had the freedom to go faster then reccomended...she did...and now she lies at the bottom of the Ocean.

That is not the Experts fault.

As for the WTC...dont know much about that I'm afraid...maybe the Experts are to blame for that
Old 07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
We had a dumbass Treasurer in office for ten years, whilst a Government worked on ruining the Education system, following an illicit war, and cost cutting on our Health Service...think they were prepared?

verra verra interesting...

So...what do they do...well...all the prices rise, and the wages stay the same. So now...I somehow have to find EXTRA money to live off THE SAME ammount. You see how that is a LONG way from being my fault
So, did your rent go up? You phone bill? Food?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
These self-proclaimed "experts" on the climate can't ever seem to get their story straight. In the 1970s it was "global cooling" but then the evidence refuted that. Then it became "global warming" but now that theory is in the crapper because of dropping temperatures and expanding polar ice caps. Now it's just the generic term "climate change" which is so broad it can mean anything.
Climates are going to change no matter what we ever do. I still can't believe that people are going to give the government the power to chose how we use the energy that we pay for over something based on 'climate change'.

Facepalm! (Is that right? lol)
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
So, did your rent go up? You phone bill? Food?
No, thank GOD my rent stayed the same. I am SO lucky about that...so VERY lucky.

The cost of Food went up slightly...but it was really things like Amenities...so for example All the stuff with TV/Broadband went up...thank GOD I can drop Setanta soon!! Council Tax, National Insurance, and Income Tax all went up

It could have been a lot worse Denise...it could have been ALOT worse.

What I really need which would solve everything is a better paying job...but its a recession...companies are collapsing, unemployment is rising...noone is recruiting because they cant afford to pay the staff they've got!! let alone pay more.

Not kidding British Airways have forced their employees to either work for Free, work paid half time...or go on unpaid leave for a WHOLE MONTH this summer

You see...I have a job, and cruddy though it is, its a job in a stable market...short of Wal-Mart pulling out of ASDA...that chances are high that my job is one of the most safe in the country...how sensible would it be to move to an instable market where in the next year I might be laid off? Do you follow??

I want to move, and Am begining to look now I hope the worst of the recession is over...but I'm not confident of how wise it would be to leave a SAFE job in the current financial environment.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Climates are going to change no matter what we ever do. I still can't believe that people are going to give the government the power to chose how we use the energy that we pay for over something based on 'climate change'.

Facepalm! (Is that right? lol)
It's just a bunch of fear mongering and scare tactics. There's really no reliable science behind all of this climate change nonsense. It's just the latest tactic that the government is using to seize power. I still can't believe that people are stupid enough to buy into it, though.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
thats quite close to me...I live in North Yorkshire
Have you gotten your metal detector yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...lk/8133440.stm

Quote:
One of the UK's largest hauls of Iron Age gold coins has been declared treasure at an inquest in Suffolk.

The 840 handmade coins, called staters, were unearthed in a field near Wickham Market, Suffolk, in March last year.

After Michael Dark made the discovery with his metal detector, archaeologists found more coins, which are now at the British Museum in London.

Experts believe they were produced by predecessors of the Iceni queen Boudicca and date from 40BC to AD15.

It is the largest haul of coins to be discovered in 150 years and could be worth up to 500,000.