Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'm locking this thread before it gets out of hand.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I do need it. There is no point in me doing a States Trip if I dont have it. But I cant afford it on the States Trip Money, and I cant afford it on the budgit I'm on.

For it to be worth while going to the U.S at all...its a direct NEED....I live a hard life, and I am entitled to a holiday...it is about the only thing during this recession that I am looking forward to.

I just need extra money to make it worth going period...If I dont sell stuff to raise the money I shall have to use my own money...if I do that I shall end up in my overdraft...and within several months I shall not only be bankrupt...I shall also have huge debts.

Not that I need to explain my financial situation to you Denise, its so cruel that you have gone about making me look a dumbass when you knew otherwise.

I shall raise the money, I shall buy what I need, I shall go on a well deserved break on inheritance money...and I shall ENJOY every moment of it.

END of discussion
No, you didn't need to explain it to me. And I didn't set out to make you look like a dumbass. You made a statement that I took to imply something and I asked for clarification. End of story.

However, I did find it ironic that you were using your poverty as a credential to attempt to put a guilt trip on someone when it is likely that person doesn't have the money or the means (i.e. relative with inheritance) to take a holiday overseas and YOU are chastising him.

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I do need it. There is no point in me doing a States Trip if I dont have it. But I cant afford it on the States Trip Money, and I cant afford it on the budgit I'm on.

For it to be worth while going to the U.S at all...its a direct NEED....I live a hard life, and I am entitled to a holiday...it is about the only thing during this recession that I am looking forward to.

I just need extra money to make it worth going period...If I dont sell stuff to raise the money I shall have to use my own money...if I do that I shall end up in my overdraft...and within several months I shall not only be bankrupt...I shall also have huge debts.

Not that I need to explain my financial situation to you Denise, its so cruel that you have gone about making me look a dumbass when you knew otherwise.

I shall raise the money, I shall buy what I need, I shall go on a well deserved break on inheritance money...and I shall ENJOY every moment of it.

END of discussion
I have two words of advice for anyone in England looking for money: metal detector!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...ter.5372458.jp


Quote:
MORE than a thousand years ago a Saxon thief, desperate to hide his plunder, stashed a hoard of stolen gold in what is today a nondescript West Yorkshire field.
What became of the thief is lost to the ages and his precious loot lay safely buried in that same field for the next millennium.

There it remained until a treasure hunter, out with his trusty metal detector last year, experienced the moment he will never forget when he unearthed the amazing find on the farmland near Leeds.

Archaeological experts say they believe the three gold rings, half a gold ingot and part of a brooch date from the 9th-11th century.
Quote:
After the inquest, he told the YEP that a valuer said the haul could have a market value of up to 100,000.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
No, you didn't need to explain it to me. And I didn't set out to make you look like a dumbass. You made a statement that I took to imply something and I asked for clarification. End of story.

However, I did find it ironic that you were using your poverty as a credential to attempt to put a guilt trip on someone when it is likely that person doesn't have the money or the means (i.e. relative with inheritance) to take a holiday overseas and YOU are chastising him.

I am poor, and certain Americans are to blame for making a tough finanical situation harder.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
I have two words of advice for anyone in England looking for money: metal detector!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...ter.5372458.jp
thats quite close to me...I live in North Yorkshire
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:17 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I am poor, and certain Americans are to blame for making a tough finanical situation harder.
Yeah, that's it blame someone else. How much money did you spend on your last trip to America and how much is it going to cost you this time? Have you ever thought about using that money to open up a saving account and actually holding onto it? But instead you are going to splurge it on a trip to a country that you believe is keeping you in poverty? If this is all true, then you're the only one making yourself look like a dumbass.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not some great financial expert and I tend to spend money as fast as I receive it as well. However, I don't blame anyone but myself when I run out of money. Maybe you should look in the mirror to see who is really to blame for your poverty.

Anyways, ignoring Dave's ignorant and silly remarks for a moment, back on topic. I've been reading Glenn Beck's new book, Common Sense, and I like what he has to say about this all these environmental regulations:

Quote:
Do these men truly believe what they're saying? Do they honestly believe that the environment can really be "saved" through government intervention or is the environment just a vehicle toward the Progressive ideal of total government rule?

...

We are told that humans are destroying the planet and that only scientists (the "experts") or the very rich, very famous, or very powerful can save it. I guess maybe those people are so busy flying on their private jets attending international climate conferences and accusing us of poisoning the planet that they either don't notice their hypocrisy or they accept it as the price for the great work they're supposedly doing.

We don't trust the political class because they no longer find shame in their own hypocrisy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Do these men truly believe what they're saying? Do they honestly believe that the environment can really be "saved" through government intervention or is the environment just a vehicle toward the Progressive ideal of total government rule?

...

We are told that humans are destroying the planet and that only scientists (the "experts") or the very rich, very famous, or very powerful can save it. I guess maybe those people are so busy flying on their private jets attending international climate conferences and accusing us of poisoning the planet that they either don't notice their hypocrisy or they accept it as the price for the great work they're supposedly doing.

We don't trust the political class because they no longer find shame in their own hypocrisy.
Exactly.

Just like Gore who racks up thousands of dollars in an electricity bill every month while preaching the word of global warming and energy saving.

I have a hard time trusting 'the experts'. I heard on the radio that the Earth had shown a trend of cooler climates in the past decade. The experts say, "Yeah but that is only because the sun is in a cooling phase. " Can anyone explain that?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Yeah, that's it blame someone else. How much money did you spend on your last trip to America and how much is it going to cost you this time? Have you ever thought about using that money to open up a saving account and actually holding onto it? But instead you are going to splurge it on a trip to a country that you believe is keeping you in poverty? If this is all true, then you're the only one making yourself look like a dumbass.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not some great financial expert and I tend to spend money as fast as I receive it as well. However, I don't blame anyone but myself when I run out of money. Maybe you should look in the mirror to see who is really to blame for your poverty.

Anyways, ignoring Dave's ignorant and silly remarks for a moment,
Do youhave reading difficulties?

before you start name calling, perhaps you should READ. The MONEY for ALL the STATES TRIPS is NOT MINE!! and It can ONLY be spent ON something like that. Do you understand?? I cant use it for general purpose...its Inheritance money from a LIVING Relative.


And whilst we're at it...perhaps YOU should do some research into the Credit Crunch...your beloved Freedom for Banks and Certain parts of your Country are wholly to blame...Listen to what the Scriptures say about the MISS USE of Freedom.

"Live as those who are free, and yet without using your freedoms, as a pre-text for Evil" 1 Peter 2 16-18

It is about time you guys condemned those to blame, for their Selfishness, for their Greed, for their abuse of others neivety, and admit what would have happened if the Government had listened to your egocentric whinning.


READ the thread before you post Nathan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I am poor, and certain Americans are to blame for making a tough finanical situation harder.
What exactly happened to make your situation harder? Specifics please.

You were so poor before that you had not an extra penny (sterling/pound whatever). How could it have gotten worse yet you are still making it fine it seems?

It appears that the only difference is that now you have somewhere else to place the blame.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Exactly.

Just like Gore who racks up thousands of dollars in an electricity bill every month while preaching the word of global warming and energy saving.

I have a hard time trusting 'the experts'. I heard on the radio that the Earth had shown a trend of cooler climates in the past decade. The experts say, "Yeah but that is only because the sun is in a cooling phase. " Can anyone explain that?
These self-proclaimed "experts" on the climate can't ever seem to get their story straight. In the 1970s it was "global cooling" but then the evidence refuted that. Then it became "global warming" but now that theory is in the crapper because of dropping temperatures and expanding polar ice caps. Now it's just the generic term "climate change" which is so broad it can mean anything.

These "experts" can't even get their own facts straight and yet we're supposed to give them total control over how we live our lives based on their vague theories?

Why are we trusting our lives to "experts" anyway? Wasn't it experts who claimed that the Titanic was unsinkable? Wasn't it experts who specifically designed the World Trade Center towers to withstand several impacts from fully loaded jet liners without collapsing?

But I'm sure they'll get it right this time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.