Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Deforestation, is ruining the planet
fumes from anything that burns, is ruining the planet
dropping litter, is ruining the planet.

Just because you dont think its your job to sacrifice something for the planet, doesnt change the truth.

The majority of the rest of the world is already living in poverty...recently, because of YOUR country...so I wouldnt complain about joining the rest of us if I were you.

You guys always blow EVERYTHING out of proportion. Well your government has made the decision for you, and in this particular case, I aggree with them.
How is it truth? Is there any viable evidence or is this simply another crackpot "truth"?

We blow everything out of proportion? So, it's OUR fault the world is suffering? The United States gives more money to impoverished countries than any other nation on the planet. So how are WE blowing things out of proportion? Perhaps, it's you Dave.

On the flipside, if we are blowing EVERYTHING out of proportion, then "global warming" caused by humans is being blown out of proportion. That also means this most recent energy bill is blowing things out of proportion.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So, it's OUR fault the world is suffering? The United States gives more money to impoverished countries than any other nation on the planet.
Where did the Recession start
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Where did the Recession start
LOL, that's it? So the recession was all the U.S.' fault? How can you prove this?

I'm sure it was OUR fault the price of rice tripled in early 2008 as well?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
LOL, that's it? So the recession was all the U.S.' fault? How can you prove this?

I'm sure it was OUR fault the price of rice tripled in early 2008 as well?
Sub Prime United States decided to live off Credit, United States Banks let them.

When it all came crashing down the United States Citizens tried to stop the Government from saving the world.

The delay has cost the rest of the world ALOT. I am so sick of hearing how you think you have got it bad. You have it better then anywhere else in the whole world! your cost of living is less, your taxes are less, your petrol is less, your freedom is more.

Try to understand something...I am organizing a car boot sale so that I dont go into my overdraft again this next year. I am selling some of my belongings to make sure I have money for everything I need.

When you are selling your belongings to pay for your needs, then you can start complaining.

From what I hear of the artical above...it looks like they bearly got it through one place in Government and DONT look like they will get it through the other...so what are you upset about?

When your council starts to tax you for your waste disposal, and when you have an unellected President, come back to me. I've had a really terrible week, I feel really ill, and so I'm sorry if I sound like an arse, but you guys dont know how lucky you have it, compared to some other First World Countries....We're not talking Africa here...we are talking about how different and much better the standard of living is in the United States compared to your closest Allied Force.

I'm going to bed.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

So how did the citizens keep the government from saving the world? Also, how would the U.S. save the world?

I haven't once said, nor seen anybody else on this forum who have said we have it bad in the United States and anybody who does think that or says that needs to go spend a few weeks in a 3rd world country to get a taste of that life. I spent 3 weeks in the Philippines when I went to meet my wife in person for the first time. Even before that trip, I've always thanked God for the simple things I have in life...fresh water, air conditioning, food, clothing, cars, work, etc. I do agree though, most people take those things for granted, and those are things for which my wife and I thank God every day.

I am taxed for waste disposal, every month. It's not that way everywhere here, but my community has us pay for waste disposal and recycling. It's a good thing

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about those things, I really am. And definitely hope you get to feeling better, but it certainly isn't helping your health to point all the blame at the United States.

Hope you feel better in the morning man!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The majority of the rest of the world is already living in poverty...recently, because of YOUR country...so I wouldnt complain about joining the rest of us if I were you.

This is one of the most ridiculous and uneducated statements on this forum. Seriously Dave you can't really be this stupid.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If we have it so much better than everybody else why should we copy off everybody else? Here's a few thoughts.
1-Instead of blaming America for your Counties problems, blame the Folks that are in charge of your country!

2-Instead of trying to make America as poor as you say everybody else is they should be trying to bring themselves up to where you say we are!
In other words we ain't trying to stop Y'All from improving your life so stop blaming us for all of YOUR problems.

3- You say we are a rich Country. Well if we are why should we want to become poor and hungry?

4-Since when was it so bad to desire Freedom? Why is it so bad to cherish and protect the Freedom we have been blessed with?

5-Why is it so great to be controlled that much by any human or Human institution like Government? The way I see it is that our Freedom was given to us by God not Government! So Government should not be taking away but rather protecting!

6-As for Kyoto I see no reason we should let any other country tell us how much energy we can use or even what kind of energy we can use!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Will some of you do me a favour...

Would you list some positive things about your Government?
Would you list some things that you should be thankful for?

Rather then telling me how bad you have it under your government...which is the jist of almost every politic thread about American politics sinse the Wallstreet Wobble...perhaps you'd like to remind me how Great America is...what is Good about the place...how it stands out from the rest...how its people have more freedom then anywhere else.

Tell me some positives

Understand...I dont want to hear about how you think your Government is oppressing you or stealing your freedoms...when compared to mine, or other places...your Government isnt really doing anything at all.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Positive things about our government:

Foreign grants from 2000 to 2007:
http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/09s1257.pdf
In 2000, the U.S. gave over $17,000,000,000 in total grants to foreign countries. By 2007, that amount nearly doubled to over $31,000,000,000.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/09s1258.pdf
Between 1980-2006, the U.S. Government gave $39,039,000,000 in total foreign assistance and over $12,000,000,000 in total military assistance.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/09s1259.pdf
Here's the same list but sorted by country. As you can tell, nearly $27,000,000,000 in foreign economic aid plus, $12,000,000,000 in military aid was distributed by the U.S. in 2006.

Perhaps we could have simply kept all of that money to ourselves and there definitely wouldn't be an economic problem here in the U.S.

Thankful for:
Life
Liberty
Right to pursue happiness
My family
My car
Food
Fresh water
Air conditioning/heater
Clothing
Freedom of speech
Freedom of the press
Freedom of religion
Our military and its' devoted servicemen
Our allies
Need I continue?

Dave, you're saying that it's the U.S.' fault for the worldwide recession and seem to believe we are the ones who will save everybody, yet, you support this energy climate bill that will effectively triple the utility costs of every American home. How do you expect anybody here to have money to afford that and be able to pay off their current debt? It's a stupid political ploy that a bunch of crackpot scientists and left-wing radicals have suckered, well, suckers into believing it's the right thing to do.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 06-29-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Right to pursue happiness
Keeping the money to yourself would have made the reccession worse, I could explain it, but I dont think I'll bother

I dont particularly support this piece of Legislation...what I dislike is the fact that you guys do nothing but complain about your Government and say nothing but what problems you will have. Compared to the rest of the world, your Domestic Government is benign, and you have almost no restrictions placed upon you.

It disturbs me to hear you go on and on about your freedoms being violated, your privacy being taken away, your contempt at being told what to do. When you ignore the selfishness and the Greedy aspects of your Industry and your Citizenry that are of far more concern to the rest of the world then your Government.

I want to be cheered up. I want to hear how GOOD America is...because I am living in a place so much worse then the vast majority of you I imagine.

Incidently, I have highlighted this one area of your quote to ask you a serious question. Nietzsche says that we should all be permitted to discover and realize our true potential, he calls this "becoming" His works are often viewed as very dark...but one thing he says is that he draws the line on finding your becoming IF it harms someone around you.

Should you still have the freedom to "seek Happiness" if that leaves other people in misery by whatever it takes to realize your dream. The most horrific thing about "the American Dream" is that its actually nothing more then Darwinian Survival of the Fittest. Everyone should have the chance to succeed...but its very much "make your mistakes, but no second chances" If things go wrong, its very much thought that natural to leave that persons hopes and dreams in the gutter with them...it was the start of capitalism which is out for only one thing...itself....and by the way...much of the freedom it brings is an illusion...infact rather then being freed, we discover just how much in bondage we are too the financial world...which is where American went fundementally wrong.

Freedom suddenly meant, no restrictions...rather then Doing what is Right in the eyes of GOD

Regardless of that, I still firmly believe its so much better then anywhere else, and the people are so much better then anywhere else also. It just depresses me when they havent a nice word to say about their own Country or leadership