Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Liddellfan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??
because people can pronounce Fedor easier than Emelianenko
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.
Soooo.... Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.
I think thats stupid.
You have no idea why people are buying the clothes.
How do you kow its just to be trendy? They might just like the clothes.
You sound like a pretty pretty princess lol

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

Its silly to say people can't buy activewear without knowing about the sport.
they sell tapout at big 5
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I think thats stupid.
You have no idea why people are buying the clothes.
How do you kow its just to be trendy? They might just like the clothes.
You sound like a pretty pretty princess lol

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

Its silly to say people can't buy activewear without knowing about the sport.
they sell tapout at big 5
You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I think thats stupid.
You have no idea why people are buying the clothes.
How do you kow its just to be trendy? They might just like the clothes.
You sound like a pretty pretty princess lol

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

Its silly to say people can't buy activewear without knowing about the sport.
they sell tapout at big 5
People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent.

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Soooo.... Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.



Ugh, if it had anything written in French on it, you should have given it to Dave so he can burn it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent.

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.
Only the hot chicks, please!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-27-2009, 05:33 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know those people who love clothes still aren't loving their parachute pants and Zebras.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
cubsfan47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.

Well said.

A lot of people who know Tapout don't know much else. I wear a lot of American Fighter shirts. The response a lot of times is "what's that?" Those who attend local MMA events always know, but the bandwagon UFC fans are clueless.

Oh yeah, I wear Affliction shirts from time to time. I think some of them are cool. But I am 62. Is that too old to be wearing Affliction?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.