Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Liddellfan

Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??
Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??
because people can pronounce Fedor easier than Emelianenko
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.
Soooo.... Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.
I think thats stupid.
You have no idea why people are buying the clothes.
How do you kow its just to be trendy? They might just like the clothes.
You sound like a pretty pretty princess lol

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

Its silly to say people can't buy activewear without knowing about the sport.
they sell tapout at big 5
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I think thats stupid.

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I think thats stupid.

and UA too.

People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent.

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Soooo.... Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.

Ugh, if it had anything written in French on it, you should have given it to Dave so he can burn it.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent.

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.
Only the hot chicks, please!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:33 PM
logrus

I know those people who love clothes still aren't loving their parachute pants and Zebras.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.

Well said.

A lot of people who know Tapout don't know much else. I wear a lot of American Fighter shirts. The response a lot of times is "what's that?" Those who attend local MMA events always know, but the bandwagon UFC fans are clueless.

Oh yeah, I wear Affliction shirts from time to time. I think some of them are cool. But I am 62. Is that too old to be wearing Affliction?