Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Feel the same when Matt Serra was fast-tracked to the Belt?

He wasn't fast tracked, he won a competition to get there, he was worthy by winning it and it was just a shame GSP could't see his end of the deal and crush Serra!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
He wasn't fast tracked, he won a competition to get there, he was worthy by winning it and it was just a shame GSP could't see his end of the deal and crush Serra!
you think that he actually beat Chris Lytle in the finale?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
you think that he actually beat Chris Lytle in the finale?

I nearly feel the same about all these close/contreversial decisions. Neither done enough to lose or win, so it dont matter either way, perhaps if Lytle had got the decision, they'd be just as many saying Serra was cheated.

So it can go either way, so both deserve to lose or win, not great but there it is.

The fact is though, the result went his way, he won, he got the competition and the reward it offered. Could better guys of got a shot, of course but what can you do! Anyway the point is, it is slightly different to what happened with Swick.

I dont feel particularly sorry for Swick, there are loads of fighters who have seemingly been denied a shot at the Gold. He is no worse than many others.

Besides, he is a darling of the UFC so he has had it better than most.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I nearly feel the same about all these close/contreversial decisions. Neither done enough to lose or win, so it dont matter either way, perhaps if Lytle had got the decision, they'd be just as many saying Serra was cheated.

So it can go either way, so both deserve to lose or win, not great but there it is.

The fact is though, the result went his way, he won, he got the competition and the reward it offered. Could better guys of got a shot, of course but what can you do! Anyway the point is, it is slightly different to what happened with Swick.

I dont feel particularly sorry for Swick, there are loads of fighters who have seemingly been denied a shot at the Gold. He is no worse than many others.

Besides, he is a darling of the UFC so he has had it better than most.
Yes...they do use him...or did use him I Suppose...my point is that there is no way of denying pretenders to the throne...the only way to do things properly would be to have an order of acession. The UFC dont want to do that. that would tie the managements hands...it might also not be quite as good sometimes I suppose.

Are you still mad at me
Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Yes...they do use him...or did use him I Suppose...my point is that there is no way of denying pretenders to the throne...the only way to do things properly would be to have an order of acession. The UFC dont want to do that. that would tie the managements hands...it might also not be quite as good sometimes I suppose.

Are you still mad at me

Ha ha Dave, i never hold grudges! I can get angry at something but it's in the moment, i dont hold onto it. So dont worry about in the slightest, its cool to be pushed on your posts sometimes!

So no worries!!!

Last edited by Jonlion; 01-22-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Ha ha Dave, i never hold grudges! I can get angry at something but it's in the moment, i dont hold onto it. So dont worry about in the slightest, its cool to be pushed on your posts sometimes!

So worries!!!
well, I dont hold back against noone...American, English...Martian

I just say stuff...and sometimes it gets me into trouble...and sometimes it doesnt hahahaha
Old 01-23-2009, 04:07 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
BJ is a drama queen .... he better get this attention, cuz his mystique is going to be destroyed in just a couple of weeks

Why? lol Thats a laughable comment.

Even if GSP wins, BJ will not lose anything, he is a LW, GSP is a monster compared to BJ,
moving up a weight class and losing isn't humiliating or something,
esp since little out of shape BJ was once the champ there too,
and once held his own with GSP.

I do not think anything of his will be destroyed win or lose
Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
bry241173

BJ is a strange one, never gives joe rogan the time of day after the fight "If you wanna know more go to bjpenn.com" Yeah thanks for that!?!?!
Now doesn't like the way the editing is going... maybe if he wasn't such a idiot then he wouldn't look bad.
He's in my top 3 of UFC fighters who need a personality transplant, the other two being koscheck and Bisping.

As for the fight, as good as bj has become, gsp is too much for the welterweights let alone a natural lightweight.
Over in 3 rounds.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Why? lol Thats a laughable comment.

Even if GSP wins, BJ will not lose anything, he is a LW, GSP is a monster compared to BJ,
moving up a weight class and losing isn't humiliating or something,
esp since little out of shape BJ was once the champ there too,
and once held his own with GSP.

I do not think anything of his will be destroyed win or lose
think about it .. he may be a natural lightweight, but his aura that he is the greatest ... he may be the greatest lw but that is it .. all these fanboys who say he is the greatest won't be able to say that after he loses ...
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Crisco

I thought he man handled his 3 month old daughter a bit lol.

Didn't really support her head or anything lol.

I only noticed because my girlfriend was outraged and pointed it out haha