Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
you have to look past the Swick discussion and see it for what it really is.....the epic battle between Dave and I that will never as long as there is light and dark in this world.
The Epic Battles are usually between me and Andreas....

...your not ready for your shot at me yet You might get hurt...or perhaps the fates decide to fast-track Chuck or Jonlion over you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For the Record being fast tracked for a title is not a bad thing unless the champion demolishes you.


Andersons talent and greatness could not be fully utilized fighting on the undercard on the way up. When you come in with awesome talent and are not 23 years old fast tracking you to a title fight is a good idea especially if your already champion caliber which everone knew Anderson was.

After watching Lesnar almost kill Mir then get caught and then his complete destruction of Heath Herring treating him like a little girl for three rounds the dude was capable of fighting for a title and being that he is marketable and not a spring chicken get him in and let him fight for the title.

Lets also not forget that At the time and still to this day the MW division is one of if not the weakest divisions in the UFC especially with Franklin now wanting to be at 205. Same as the HW division, Frate train breathed new life into the division and everyone is still wondering just how good he really is.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Also if Swick could not defeat Anderson which we know he could not he didn't deserve to wear the belt in any case. Swick couldn't defeat Rich on Rich's worst day. and Anderson is Rich's kryptonite.

Swick fights like a Thai and Anderson is better then anyone in the UFC at that by leaps and bounds.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Also if Swick could not defeat Anderson which we know he could not he didn't deserve to wear the belt in any case. Swick couldn't defeat Rich on Rich's worst day. and Anderson is Rich's kryptonite.

Swick fights like a Thai and Anderson is better then anyone in the UFC at that by leaps and bounds.
He deserved the chance to fail

I didnt say he would...I said he might have...if he tried and didnt, it wouldnt be a waste...just a change of direction...but he wasnt permitted to try...sooo wasnt working up to it...sorta...a waste?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He deserved the chance to fail

I didnt say he would...I said he might have...if he tried and didnt, it wouldnt be a waste...just a change of direction...but he wasnt permitted to try...sooo wasnt working up to it...sorta...a waste?
Not in the long run I think... I would trade 3 swicks for a 1/4 Anderson.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm telling you that the UFC is the premier. I'm also telling you people shouldnt be fastracked...that "crap" you talk about is other guys careers...and just like what happened with CroCop...what would happen if Fedor HAD to work his way up.

You do realize that Anderson Silva kinda cost Mike Swick his career in the short term dont you? Do you get that Max? do you understand that if you want something, and you are as good as you claim...that you need to put in the time. Those that DO shouldnt be punished. It should have been Franklin V Swick WAY before Anderson Silva.
lol ... mike swick?? the reason his career isn't what it should be is cuz he sucks .. plain and simple, please don't use his name and anderson's, bj's, gsp's unless you are using him to contrast what mma's should be ...
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Not in the long run I think... I would trade 3 swicks for a 1/4 Anderson.
So your saying it was a waste...because he just aint that good compared to Silva.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
lol ... mike swick?? the reason his career isn't what it should be is cuz he sucks .. plain and simple, please don't use his name and anderson's, bj's, gsp's unless you are using him to contrast what mma's should be ...
Dont be mean...All I think is that those who work hard should be rewarded and alowed to try...others should wait there turn!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

I think it was good Anderson was fast tracked, it meant we knew who was the best quicker and not have pretenders holding the title.

Who said rising to be champion was ever fair or easy, If swick could got past an moderate Okami at best he woulda got a shot but he failed.

Tough luck for Swick!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I think it was good Anderson was fast tracked, it meant we knew who was the best quicker and not have pretenders holding the title.

Who said rising to be champion was ever fair or easy, If swick could got past an moderate Okami at best he woulda got a shot but he failed.

Tough luck for Swick!
Feel the same when Matt Serra was fast-tracked to the Belt?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.