Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes_goat
if he signed with Affliction, Dana would say GSP is overrated, his record is padded, etc.
no if he signs with Affliction its because he is scared to fight Silva.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yeah, that would be one too
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
GSP has killed his last 3 opponents so it really will not look bad if BJ gets whipped. Once again he is fighting at a weight class above his natural weight class. He is going up against the most well rounded MMA fighter ever (according to some people) he is going up against a guy who walks on water (or so I have been told). BJ should not last more than 1 min.
nah, i think you have it wrong ... many people think that gsp won that first fight ... but it was close .... people also think that bj would rather be fighting at WW than LW .... so although gsp imo has more to lose, deep down, bj does have lots to lose ... i am sure he cares more about his legacy than his belt ... remember his quote "i just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" ... or something like that .. so can he really be known as better than gsp if he has lost to him twice? maybe, but it will be tough ... i think bj is also a natural more in between 155 and 170 ... so fighting at 170 is not as much of a stretch for him as people make it out to be ... if coleman can make 205, well making 155 for bj should be easy ...

i think gsp wins this and they will fight again in a year or two after bj dispatches the lw's the rest of the year
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes_goat
if he signed with Affliction, Dana would say GSP is overrated, his record is padded, etc.
i honestly can't see him signing with affliction ... he must know they can't stay in business the way they are paying people ... plus, to leave the ufc, he has to lose and i can't see him throwing a fight just to get a pay day off about a mill ... affliction is probably throwing high 6, low 7 figures at him as they want to break into the canadian market ... i just don't think gsp goes for it
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

BJ gets the judges decision this time, thus setting up the rubber match
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

GSP.. 3rd round GnP.... over I would LOVE to see a RNC..

Honestly as long as GSPs hand is raised.. I don't care ...

I think the pressure is on Baby Jay... He has already lost to the guy that beat Matt.. and he has lost to Matt... Baby Jay is invading the WW class again.. Matt pushed him back out the door... GSP will slam it in his face this time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
GSP.. 3rd round GnP.... over I would LOVE to see a RNC..

Honestly as long as GSPs hand is raised.. I don't care ...

I think the pressure is on Baby Jay... He has already lost to the guy that beat Matt.. and he has lost to Matt... Baby Jay is invading the WW class again.. Matt pushed him back out the door... GSP will slam it in his face this time.
how is the pressure on BJ?? Its just like the first time BJ moved up to fight Matt. BJ had no pressure on him because you are not supposed to move up a weight class and beat the best fighter in the world at that weight.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
nah, i think you have it wrong ... many people think that gsp won that first fight ... but it was close .... people also think that bj would rather be fighting at WW than LW .... so although gsp imo has more to lose, deep down, bj does have lots to lose ...
BJ wants to fight where ever there are good fights for him. He feels like there are no good fights for him at 155 so he wants to move up to 170. IF he felt there were no good fights for him at 170 he would move up to 185. No matter how this fight goes BJ will still be remembered as one of the best fighters ever and a fighter who was willing to fight whoever as long as it was an interesting fight.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
how is the pressure on BJ?? Its just like the first time BJ moved up to fight Matt. BJ had no pressure on him because you are not supposed to move up a weight class and beat the best fighter in the world at that weight.

Let's see

Baby Jay beats Matt... ditches UFC..... and comes back...

Gets Beat by GSP.. then Hughes (again)..then wins against.. Jens.. (ok..was a good fight).. Joe Daddy (not in his class anyway).. and Sean (yes.. he did win that one well)..

With the exception of Jens... he has not fought anyone close to his skill set (and I am a Sherk fan)... and he is coming after a guy that beat him.. and beat another guy that beat Baby Jay.. twice..

He is wanting the fight.. he gets the fight... GSP is just kinda standing there..Baby Jay has the pressure.. IMO...

and WHEN.. GSP puts a great beat down... I will love it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Let's see

Baby Jay beats Matt... ditches UFC..... and comes back...

Gets Beat by GSP.. then Hughes (again)..then wins against.. Jens.. (ok..was a good fight).. Joe Daddy (not in his class anyway).. and Sean (yes.. he did win that one well)..

With the exception of Jens... he has not fought anyone close to his skill set (and I am a Sherk fan)... and he is coming after a guy that beat him.. and beat another guy that beat Baby Jay.. twice..

He is wanting the fight.. he gets the fight... GSP is just kinda standing there..Baby Jay has the pressure.. IMO...

and WHEN.. GSP puts a great beat down... I will love it.

but if BJ gets beat by GSP he just goes down and dominates the LW division until he feels like going over and fighting in Japan. If GSP gets beat he losses his title and walks away with nothing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.