Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
the only way he is gonna come in shredded is if he came into that fight weighing 165 lbs. You cant just add 20 lbs of muscle in a month or two, and even if by some chance he did, what is he supposed to do whne he has to defend the LW title. BJ's thought process was that his skill could overcome any size difference. The problem was that was not the case. BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
I didn't necessarily mean adding 20 pounds of muscle. He had longer than a month or two to prepare for the fight though. He has a DVD set called ninety days or something like that that details his preperation for the fight. It's really only because of his trash talking before the fight that I care. I will gain some respect back for him if it goes 5 rounds and he doesn't gas. I think he will win in about the third even though Florion has improved.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
the only way he is gonna come in shredded is if he came into that fight weighing 165 lbs. You cant just add 20 lbs of muscle in a month or two, and even if by some chance he did, what is he supposed to do whne he has to defend the LW title. BJ's thought process was that his skill could overcome any size difference. The problem was that was not the case. BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
that and gsp is just a better fighter
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
GSP beats BJ 10 out of 10 times ... grease or not ...
maybe
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
that and gsp is just a better fighter
The fight does not prove that at all. All that fight showed is that GSP was able to use his size to bully BJ. If BJ was a natural 170 or GSP was a natural 155 GSP would have never taken BJ down.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:43 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
The fight does not prove that at all. All that fight showed is that GSP was able to use his size to bully BJ. If BJ was a natural 170 or GSP was a natural 155 GSP would have never taken BJ down.
your going on what ifs .. you never know ... he never once threatened in that fight, that is a fact ..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
your going on what ifs .. you never know ... he never once threatened in that fight, that is a fact ..
Its also a fact that GSP could not take a fresh BJ down and that GSP used hsi size to wear BJ down.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Its also a fact that GSP could not take a fresh BJ down and that GSP used hsi size to wear BJ down.
and what would you say if kenflow takes him down then would you shut up about bj the great
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-28-2009, 05:11 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Its also a fact that GSP could not take a fresh BJ down and that GSP used hsi size to wear BJ down.
are u saying bj gassed after one round?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
and what would you say if kenflow takes him down then would you shut up about bj the great
And what happens when BJ runs through Can-Flo just like he has every one else he has fought at LW? Will you rock a "I Love BJ Penn" sig?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
are u saying bj gassed after one round?
If I remember correctly the TD in round 2 came from the clinch, it was not until round 3 where GSP was able to just take BJ down at will. I think BJ was gassed after round 2 though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.