Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
the only way he is gonna come in shredded is if he came into that fight weighing 165 lbs. You cant just add 20 lbs of muscle in a month or two, and even if by some chance he did, what is he supposed to do whne he has to defend the LW title. BJ's thought process was that his skill could overcome any size difference. The problem was that was not the case. BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
I didn't necessarily mean adding 20 pounds of muscle. He had longer than a month or two to prepare for the fight though. He has a DVD set called ninety days or something like that that details his preperation for the fight. It's really only because of his trash talking before the fight that I care. I will gain some respect back for him if it goes 5 rounds and he doesn't gas. I think he will win in about the third even though Florion has improved.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
the only way he is gonna come in shredded is if he came into that fight weighing 165 lbs. You cant just add 20 lbs of muscle in a month or two, and even if by some chance he did, what is he supposed to do whne he has to defend the LW title. BJ's thought process was that his skill could overcome any size difference. The problem was that was not the case. BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
that and gsp is just a better fighter
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
GSP beats BJ 10 out of 10 times ... grease or not ...
maybe
Old 06-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
that and gsp is just a better fighter
The fight does not prove that at all. All that fight showed is that GSP was able to use his size to bully BJ. If BJ was a natural 170 or GSP was a natural 155 GSP would have never taken BJ down.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
The fight does not prove that at all. All that fight showed is that GSP was able to use his size to bully BJ. If BJ was a natural 170 or GSP was a natural 155 GSP would have never taken BJ down.
your going on what ifs .. you never know ... he never once threatened in that fight, that is a fact ..
Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Max

Quote:
your going on what ifs .. you never know ... he never once threatened in that fight, that is a fact ..
Its also a fact that GSP could not take a fresh BJ down and that GSP used hsi size to wear BJ down.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Its also a fact that GSP could not take a fresh BJ down and that GSP used hsi size to wear BJ down.
and what would you say if kenflow takes him down then would you shut up about bj the great
Old 06-28-2009, 05:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
are u saying bj gassed after one round?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
and what would you say if kenflow takes him down then would you shut up about bj the great
And what happens when BJ runs through Can-Flo just like he has every one else he has fought at LW? Will you rock a "I Love BJ Penn" sig?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Max

Quote:
are u saying bj gassed after one round?
If I remember correctly the TD in round 2 came from the clinch, it was not until round 3 where GSP was able to just take BJ down at will. I think BJ was gassed after round 2 though.