Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
he never told people his weight for the GSP fight. If I remember correctly the list fight that he talked about cutting weight for was the Sherk fight in which he went and got something to eat because he said he needed to add some weight.
He did tell people his weight. I think it was one of the videos with the guy he brought in for wrestling. He trained harder than some other fights no doubt but the amount of crap he talked he should have come in totally shredded. That's just his style and if he can win that way than it's hard to argue. It's just that I think he would have had a much better chance if he came in bulked up a little bit. But as has been said a zillion times he is forced to be in decent shape at 155 and I think he can beat anyone in the UFC's LW division.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

WAR FLORIAN

Old 06-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
WAR Miss Foxy
U know this Goat!! Hey I decided NAVY....
Old 06-27-2009, 01:37 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
WAR FLORIAN

Florian is going to get worked.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
He did tell people his weight. I think it was one of the videos with the guy he brought in for wrestling. He trained harder than some other fights no doubt but the amount of crap he talked he should have come in totally shredded. That's just his style and if he can win that way than it's hard to argue. It's just that I think he would have had a much better chance if he came in bulked up a little bit. But as has been said a zillion times he is forced to be in decent shape at 155 and I think he can beat anyone in the UFC's LW division.
the only way he is gonna come in shredded is if he came into that fight weighing 165 lbs. You cant just add 20 lbs of muscle in a month or two, and even if by some chance he did, what is he supposed to do whne he has to defend the LW title. BJ's thought process was that his skill could overcome any size difference. The problem was that was not the case. BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy

U know this Goat!! Hey I decided NAVY....
good girl.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
BJ just could not handle GSP's size.
and grease
Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 AM
que

VERY excited for this fight. i think florian will try to make it a technical dance like lyoto machida. it seems that he has literally fallen in love with machida over the past year. even mark dellegrotte was walking around the arena before UFC 99 yelling "KARATE IS BACK!" over and over. BJ will come in great shape and will be the complete opposite of kenny's style... he will make it a bloody scrap. i think he will come in pissed off because he knows he humiliated himself in his last fight with all the trash talking which he failed to back up. this time he is not saying anything like he usually does prefight and he's only training.

Last edited by que; 06-27-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
and grease
very true
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I don't remember BJ gassing in the Sherk fight! At 155 he may be a different,better fighter than he is at a heavier weight!