Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Well if they are having sponsors pay more to be able to promote at UFC 100 than at the other events, that's not any different than NBC charging more money for airtime during the Super Bowl. If you have a problem with the UFC for taking advantage of this, then you should also discuss NBC.

Since this is the case, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM

It sounds like this is just for UFC 100. Too bad since I've seen a lot of Dethrone shirts around.

Didn't Dana sign a OMR shirt with Matt at 98?

[
Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
It sounds like this is just for UFC 100. Too bad since I've seen a lot of Dethrone shirts around.

Didn't Dana sign a OMR shirt with Matt at 98?
dana only cares about whether they pay that 100k, and OMR didn't, so they are gone for the event..it sounds like it will only be for 100, hopefully at least
Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 PM
TDPARKASH

As a business person, I would recommend that the UFC fighters should contemplate going on strike. I know their contracts are pretty restrictive, but under most labour laws, there is usually a provision for labour strikes. The UFC has a lot more to lose then the fighters in the short-term anyway:

Here is the issues i think they should negotiate-

1. Transparency in fighter's contracts: I think length of time in the UFC should work to increase fighters pay.

2. Pension Benefits

3. Sponsor's

4. Salary to UFC profit ratio. I would think it should be between 10-12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/06/...s-banned-list/

Pay the UFC 100K to sponsor a fighter? WTF man...
They are sort of getting out of control with this stuff, certainly some guys are going to lose sponsors.
What company wants to pay an extra 100K per event to sponsor a guy?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

its outrageous to be honnest.

The UFC have no right to medle in the affairs of Fighter sponcers...with the exception of a clothing brand that runs a competative promotion. Its clearly just a money making programme...a way to gain extra money...money that the fighters and fans wont even see!!

We're in the middle of a bloody recession, that STARTED due to greed...and here we are with a perfect demonstration of a how a multi-million pound company is getting a completely free income that it doesnt need whatsoever, meanwhile the employees are the ones to suffer.

Like I said before. Dana White is fast breaking down all that he built up, out of greed. Its about time some of the big Journalistic enterprises began to confront and question about this. Its about time someone went up to White on tape and ask directly what the deal is with banning sponcers...they need to ask him if he's just being greedy
Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Well if they are having sponsors pay more to be able to promote at UFC 100 than at the other events, that's not any different than NBC charging more money for airtime during the Super Bowl. If you have a problem with the UFC for taking advantage of this, then you should also discuss NBC.

Since this is the case, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Really??

So you use the utter greed of one company to legitamize the utter greed of another?

That makes it alright does it??

Tell me...if all your neighbours were living off Credit...would that convince you, that you should also?? We're not talking about other Greedy companies, we are talking about the UFC! they should NOT be taking advantage of this situation

With any luck, Brock Lesnar will injre himself and have to pull out, Thiago Alves will fail to make weight, and Michael Bisping will have visa problems...you see how easily UFC100 could plop?? If I were the UFC I wouldnt go counting my chickens...they'd look very foolish if they had a small run of bad luck before the event...then their Greed would come back to haunt them. Incidently...doesnt this STILL proove that the UFC are STILL stuck on their foolish Heavy Weight pharse?

They havent got anything special in the Lightweight Division for UFC100...theres a suprise! the most stacked division and they just wont never treat those people like they are as good as those who compete in the heavier divisions.

The fact that it isnt lost on a number of people that Thiago Alves can never seem to make weight, Georges Saint Pierre is a know cheat, Michael Bisping is not well loved after this seiries of TUF, Dan Henderson cant fight without causing low blows, Noone likes Frank Mir...and Brock Lesnar shouldnt even be in the UFC much less holding a title belt, grudge match or not.

I mean how stupid do they really think we are?? Do they honnestly believe because they make Joe Rogan their propagander spin doctor tell us its such a good card...that we will care?? When many of us would rather watch the fight with no sound at all, then listen to his endless cliches
Old 06-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Really??

1. The fact that it isnt lost on a number of people that Thiago Alves can never seem to make weight,
2. Georges Saint Pierre is a know cheat,
3. Michael Bisping is not well loved after this seiries of TUF,
4. Dan Henderson cant fight without causing low blows,
5. Noone likes Frank Mir...
6. and Brock Lesnar shouldnt even be in the UFC much less holding a title belt, grudge match or not.

I mean how stupid do they really think we are?? Do they honnestly believe because they make Joe Rogan their propagander spin doctor tell us its such a good card...that we will care?? When many of us would rather watch the fight with no sound at all, then listen to his endless cliches
1. he has missed weight 1 time in 19 fights and he made weight for his last fight

2. true but there should be someone there to make sure he does not do it again and people have shown they dont really care that he cheated

3. Who cares if he is not well loved he is still a good fighter and helps build this card

4. this is just false

5. Not really true, a lot of people like him

6. Why not??? The guy has beaten Randy and Herring which shows that he is more than skilled enough to be in the UFC. As for the title shot, yes it was early but there was really no one else who deserved that title shot.

Over all, UFC 100 is a great card. As for the LW's you talked about earlier, there are 2 solid LW fights on the card. It would be nice if they had BJ vs Ken-Flo fight on the card as well but that would have never happened.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Really??

So you use the utter greed of one company to legitamize the utter greed of another?

That makes it alright does it??

Tell me...if all your neighbours were living off Credit...would that convince you, that you should also?? We're not talking about other Greedy companies, we are talking about the UFC! they should NOT be taking advantage of this situation

With any luck, Brock Lesnar will injre himself and have to pull out, Thiago Alves will fail to make weight, and Michael Bisping will have visa problems...you see how easily UFC100 could plop?? If I were the UFC I wouldnt go counting my chickens...they'd look very foolish if they had a small run of bad luck before the event...then their Greed would come back to haunt them. Incidently...doesnt this STILL proove that the UFC are STILL stuck on their foolish Heavy Weight pharse?

They havent got anything special in the Lightweight Division for UFC100...theres a suprise! the most stacked division and they just wont never treat those people like they are as good as those who compete in the heavier divisions.

The fact that it isnt lost on a number of people that Thiago Alves can never seem to make weight, Georges Saint Pierre is a know cheat, Michael Bisping is not well loved after this seiries of TUF, Dan Henderson cant fight without causing low blows, Noone likes Frank Mir...and Brock Lesnar shouldnt even be in the UFC much less holding a title belt, grudge match or not.

LOL, you're funny Dave!

I'm saying that nobody on here (or anybody else that I know for that matter) seems to have any problems with NBC charging 1 million dollars per 30 seconds of advertising during the Super Bowl, so why the big fuss over the UFC charging $100,000 to be able to advertise/sponsor during UFC 100?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
they have the right to tell them who can sponsor them and who can't. they don't want their product being associated with a certain sponsor, then that's their right.
No other sport on earth does that.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
LOL, you're funny Dave!

I'm saying that nobody on here (or anybody else that I know for that matter) seems to have any problems with NBC charging 1 million dollars per 30 seconds of advertising during the Super Bowl, so why the big fuss over the UFC charging $100,000 to be able to advertise/sponsor during UFC 100?
Two completely different things.

You're buying the most watched commercial time.
As opposed to a spot on shorts.
If the people were getting a commercial they might consider it.

The fuss is a lot of fighters will lose sponsors and money, its BS,
and its GREED at its finest.