Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) There is no relation to the Wrestling that went on at old Carnivals, which was more like Greco-Roman Wrestling, and Professional Wrestling

2)No, it proves they didnt get what they paid for. With Frank Trigg, unless you want to see him get choked out, you'll always be dissapointed, so incidently most probably will he be also.

3)Where did you get that information from? was it provided for you BY TNA...in which case...I wouldnt trust that information as being accurate

I think I'll provide you with my Bibliography now (i've limited it to the ones about Professional Wrestling)

*Actors on The Canvass Stage: The Dramatoc Conventions of Professional Wrestling, an artical taken from The Journal of Popular Culture Volume Six. Craven and Moseley

*Experiements in Professional Wrestling: Towards a Performative and sensuous Sport ethnography, taken from The Sociology of Sport Journal Volume Sixteen. De Garis

*Fifty Million Viewers Cant be Wrong: Professional Wrestling, Sports-Entertainment, and Mimesis, taken from The Sociology of Sport Journal Volume 19. Atkinson.

*Never Trust a Snake: WWF Wrestling as Masculine Melodrama, taken from Out Of Bounds: Sport, Media and the politics of Identity. Jenkins

* Professional Wrestling, Moral Commentary through Ritual Metaphore, taken from The Journal of Ritual Studies Volume Seven. Miglore

*The Political and Social Power of Sports in the Ancient and Modern World. White

*The World of Wrestling, taken from Mythologies. Barthes

*Morality on the Mat Canterbury Department of Theatre and Film Studies

*Professional Wrestling as Moral Order taken from The Sociological Enquiry Volume Forty Four. Henricks

*Sports Entertainment or Entertaining Sport McNeil

*The Dangerous Psycho-Logic of Media Effects taken from Ill Effects: The media/Violence debate. Vine

1. There is a relation between the Wrestling in the 1880's and Pro Wrestling nowadays. Actually they considered it Grappling and they were Grapplers, then became wrestlers, which in turn became Pro wrestlers. Like I said Wrestling at one time was real and then evolved into scripted wrestling which became sports entertainment.

2. How does this relate to them not knowing crapola about MMA. It's already been proven they must have known the difference and that they know what crap was being sold and wanted nothing of it. Which like #1 proves you wrong. So why are you bothering to throw around mumbo jumbo, I already proved I know more about that match, what lead up to the match and its stupid outcome.

3. Well considering your knowledge of TNA = Frank Trigg was on a show or two, and the ring is an octagon, maybe you should stop the argument right there when it has TNA as a point of your argument.

Whats your thesis have to do with any of this. Everyone already knows that Pro Wrestling or Sports Entertainment is nothing more then the male equivalent of a womans Soap Opera.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Whats your thesis have to do with any of this. Everyone already knows that Pro Wrestling or Sports Entertainment is nothing more then the male equivalent of a womans Soap Opera.
My Thesis was about Symbolic Violence. Thanks for prooving my point Logrus...next time, dont waste my time
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
1. There is a relation between the Wrestling in the 1880's and Pro Wrestling nowadays. Actually they considered it Grappling and they were Grapplers, then became wrestlers, which in turn became Pro wrestlers. Like I said Wrestling at one time was real and then evolved into scripted wrestling which became sports entertainment.

2. How does this relate to them not knowing crapola about MMA. It's already been proven they must have known the difference and that they know what crap was being sold and wanted nothing of it. Which like #1 proves you wrong. So why are you bothering to throw around mumbo jumbo, I already proved I know more about that match, what lead up to the match and its stupid outcome.

3. Well considering your knowledge of TNA = Frank Trigg was on a show or two, and the ring is an octagon, maybe you should stop the argument right there when it has TNA as a point of your argument.

Whats your thesis have to do with any of this. Everyone already knows that Pro Wrestling or Sports Entertainment is nothing more then the male equivalent of a womans Soap Opera.
Dave is wrong, he knows he is wrong so now all he is doing is saying the same thing over and over again.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Dave is wrong, he knows he is wrong so now all he is doing is saying the same thing over and over again.
No I'm repeating myself...because what I am saying is correct...so...there is little more to say.

The connection between Professional Wrestlers and circus wrestling of 300 years ago is so vauge its no connection at all

We dont need a huge influx of Professional Wrestlers, nor their hardcore fans unless we want to be a fad like their industry

TNA does mock MMA and Frank Trigg does contribute to that

Professional Wrestling, isnt and never has been a Competative sport, though the companies producing them have lied about that at times.

Thats the truth...I'm just recapping and reminding every sane individual out there
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Dave is wrong, he knows he is wrong so now all he is doing is saying the same thing over and over again.
lol, I would say so.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No I'm repeating myself...because what I am saying is correct...so...there is little more to say.

The connection between Professional Wrestlers and circus wrestling of 300 years ago is so vauge its no connection at all

We dont need a huge influx of Professional Wrestlers, nor their hardcore fans unless we want to be a fad like their industry

TNA does mock MMA and Frank Trigg does contribute to that

Professional Wrestling, isnt and never has been a Competative sport, though the companies producing them have lied about that at times.

Thats the truth...I'm just recapping and reminding every sane individual out there
They are one and the same, in fact some of the moves still used today were conceived in one of these Carnival Wrestling matches. It's also where collegiate wrestling moves were first used.

When Carnivals came to town the strongman used to hold athletic shows in which they challenged the locals to either pin them or submit them. This is pretty much the early days of wrestling and why it was and is considered a sport.

Saying there is no tie from one and the other is like saying MMA has no ties to any Martial Art. Unless it only does to back some half assed lame argument on your behalf.

Why not, Brock and Lesley are both willing to prove themselves and in my eyes have thus far. They are both young in terms of the sport so why write them off. Besides for someone whos jumped on the Amir bandwagon (1-0 before he got on tuf) thats kinda hypocritical dont you think.

How does TNA mock MMA, its 2 different things. Personally I think its cool that Pro Wrestling is willing to try and tap into the popularity of the sport. Second I think its cool when Undertaker tries for a GoGoPalata and busts out the armlocks. I don't think its insulting to the sport at all.

Can we not say in many ways the UFC tried to emulate the WWF/WWE. Pyrotechnic entrances, fighters coming out to music. I mean thats more the WWF/WWE kinda thing.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Can we not say in many ways the UFC tried to emulate the WWF/WWE. Pyrotechnic entrances, fighters coming out to music. I mean thats more the WWF/WWE kinda thing.
Yes, much to my chargrin we can
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus

Can we not say in many ways the UFC tried to emulate the WWF/WWE. Pyrotechnic entrances, fighters coming out to music. I mean thats more the WWF/WWE kinda thing.
and boxing
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
and boxing
and Boxing..


thanks
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Barnett is still a pro wrestler though in Japan. Ken Shamrock was and Don Frye too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.