Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) He missed it for the fight that mattered most
2) Which planet do you come from?? The fact he cheated is a worry to EVERYONE outside of those who are GSP nuthuggers
3) The point is, why not promote Lightweights...incidently, the only reason the two coaches dont fight on the finale card is because the UFC wont get the money they could if they put them on a PPV event.
4) The guy should never have been fighting Randy Couture in the first place...and after what was it just one or two fights he makes the premier??? he shouldnt even be IN the UFC much less holding a belt!
5) When they start promoting the Lightweights like the heavy weights I'll reconsider
1. he still has only missed weight for 1 fight. You act like the guy has missed weight 6 or 7 times. He missed it once and then made weight in his next fight.
2. Not really. A lot of people know he cheated and feel it is a major issue but just as many feel it is no big deal. Its just like the Sherk thing, some people just dont care that he cheated.
3. Dave the last 2 PPV's that BJ has fought on as a LW he was in the main event. He will also be the main event at UFC 101. BJ and the LW's are getting plenty of promotion.
4. Why should he not be in the UFC??? He has proved he has the skills to be there and in the end that is all that counts. He should not have to spend years fighting in other orgs if he is good enough now to be in the UFC.
5. It comes down to what people what to see Dave. They push the LW's a lot but if people wanna see the heavier weight classes they are gonna push them more. I would like to point out that that the only fighter ever to get a shot at holding 2 belts at one time in the UFC was a LW.