Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 AM
atomdanger

Default More sponsors added to the UFC banned list

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/06/...s-banned-list/

Quote:
Five Ounces of Pain was able to obtain an e-mail distributed by the UFC’s legal department that now lists Dethrone, One More Round, and Rolling Stone as a list of sponsors that will not be approved for UFC 100 on July 11. Unacceptable sponsors for UFC 100 also online Poker sponsors Full Tilt Poker, Ultimate Bet, and Party Poker.

Clothing sponsors that are approved for UFC 100 include Cage Fighter, MMA Authentic, Familia Gladitoria and MMA Elite. The source added that several clothing sponsors have indicated that they were contacted recently by the UFC and informed that in order to have the ability to sponsor a UFC fighter during a UFC-promoted event that they would have to pay a $100,000 fee to the UFC for the right to sponsor a fighter.
Pay the UFC 100K to sponsor a fighter? WTF man...
They are sort of getting out of control with this stuff, certainly some guys are going to lose sponsors.
What company wants to pay an extra 100K per event to sponsor a guy?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Maldonado136

interesting that they are no longer banning cage fighter clothing. dana white is a powerful person!!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 AM
lc87

Why omr? What have they done that's wrong? More people buying omr shirts than ufc shirts? This is getting way out of control
Old 06-25-2009, 04:53 AM
Liddellfan

The UFC is really getting out of control woth these clothing, sponsor bans. Even "Stitch" wears OMR clothing...guess he needs to find something else to wear. What is the reason Dana will not allow people to wear their sponsors clothing? The UFC should be glad that companies want to put their name on UFC fighters, not trying to penalize them for doing so. Pretty soon you are going to see the old days of plain shorts and T-shirts.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 AM
MMeh

I can understand the Affliction issue since they're the title sponsor of a competing brand, but I think the UFC is really doing a disservice to their fighters by putting a wall up for companies that are giving fighters the cash they need to train/travel/etc. Not a good deal
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 AM
chunk liddell

Default no way

I hope this is not true!!!!!!!!!!!! If so it is getting out of hand.I dont know how it work's but I hope its not like this.......
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Hughes_GOAT

well you have all these fans saying fighters should be paid more and the sport needs to be mainstream. well, it starts with this.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Stump Rules!

Well you better get rid of your omr shirts if you want me to get you a fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
well you have all these fans saying fighters should be paid more and the sport needs to be mainstream. well, it starts with this.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i wear Rich Franklin shirts thank you.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Max

OMR is one of Matt's main sponsors, what will this mean for him? Also, its funny that the UFC put OMR in their video game and now will not allow them to sponsor fighters.