Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 AM

Default Hello!

I am Gregory and I am new to the forum. I have been a fan of Mr. Hughes since seeing "UFC Unleashed" footage of him powerbomb Carlos Newton at UFC 34. Incredible finish!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 AM
surveyorshawn

Welcome Gregory!! Glad to have you aboard!!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hey Greg! Glad to have you around, man, I'm Ben.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
I am Gregory and I am new to the forum. I have been a fan of Mr. Hughes since seeing "UFC Unleashed" footage of him powerbomb Carlos Newton at UFC 34. Incredible finish!
Is that a depiction of Saint George in your Avatar
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Is that a depiction of Saint George in your Avatar
Yes. "Saint George and the Dragon" by Lucas Cranach the Elder.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Yes. "Saint George and the Dragon" by Lucas Cranach the Elder.
Are you English Only...Saint George is the Patron Saint of England...and if you are English...are you a Royalist
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Are you English Only...Saint George is the Patron Saint of England...and if you are English...are you a Royalist
I am a seed of Albion. Thirteenth-generation North American. My ancestors left Ipswich during the Great Migration of Puritans in the 1630's and we have been moving west ever since (if I go much further west I will be east!). My ancestors were Loyalists during the Revolutionary War and had to move to Canada at the conclusion of the war. Later generations immigrated back to America.

No, I am not a Royalist.

I enjoy Cranach's painting as a work of art and enjoy the symbolism of George defeating the dragon. I fear for the future of England with the Islamist threat and the crazy political correctness and multiculturalism. Here is to hoping that Albion recovers the vigor of St. George to stand up to her enemies when needed.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I am a seed of Albion. Thirteenth-generation North American. My ancestors left Ipswich during the Great Migration of Puritans in the 1630's and we have been moving west ever since (if I go much further west I will be east!). My ancestors were Loyalists during the Revolutionary War and had to move to Canada at the conclusion of the war. Later generations immigrated back to America.

No, I am not a Royalist.

I enjoy Cranach's painting as a work of art and enjoy the symbolism of George defeating the dragon. I fear for the future of England with the Islamist threat and the crazy political correctness and multiculturalism. Here is to hoping that Albion recovers the vigor of St. George to stand up to her enemies when needed.
You have an interest in Classical Cultures I've not heard in an age The United Kingdom refered to by such an ancient title

I'm afraid things are very much worse then you suspect...I think though Corruption and Bankruptcy might kill us before any Islamist Rule. The present Canterbury wants to impose some aspects of Sharia law (the Judiciary aggrees) and wants to Diss-Establish the Church. The Present Prime Minister is a dumbass Scot who is unellected, and his decade in the treasury prior to his asscension has meant England is one of the worst hit by the financial recession. Almost the whole Government has been spending tax payers money on a criminally fraudulant expenses Scandle. Noone, including the Government or Press, like the Replacement Speaker for the First Speaker to be Ousted in about 300 years. Our Military is so over stretched that we are inadequet as a resource for our Allies in almost any warzone.

But...We still have the Monarchy. I'm a Royalist, I think Tradition is most important. I also wish that Her Majesty would exercise her Power...She should Disband Parliament, and Force an immediate General Ellection to create a New Government...Even the Parliamentarian Leader, During the Republic, Disbanded his Parliament when it was Corrupt
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

As for Symbolism.

I much Perfer Saint Michael.

The symbolism is more or less the same...minus the horse

They go together in our Orders of Chivilary. The Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George
Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
You have an interest in Classical Cultures I've not heard in an age The United Kingdom refered to by such an ancient title

I'm afraid things are very much worse then you suspect...I think though Corruption and Bankruptcy might kill us before any Islamist Rule. The present Canterbury wants to impose some aspects of Sharia law (the Judiciary aggrees) and wants to Diss-Establish the Church. The Present Prime Minister is a dumbass Scot who is unellected, and his decade in the treasury prior to his asscension has meant England is one of the worst hit by the financial recession. Almost the whole Government has been spending tax payers money on a criminally fraudulant expenses Scandle. Noone, including the Government or Press, like the Replacement Speaker for the First Speaker to be Ousted in about 300 years. Our Military is so over stretched that we are inadequet as a resource for our Allies in almost any warzone.

But...We still have the Monarchy. I'm a Royalist, I think Tradition is most important. I also wish that Her Majesty would exercise her Power...She should Disband Parliament, and Force an immediate General Ellection to create a New Government...Even the Parliamentarian Leader, During the Republic, Disbanded his Parliament when it was Corrupt
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion%27s_Seed

I phrased my answer the way I did in reference to the book: Albion's Seed.

The sad state of England depresses me. America is in bad shape but not as bad as England. At one point in time I wanted to visit, but the England that I admire only exists in history books now.