Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 PM
que

Default The Official "I Hope Frank Mir gets his a$$ kicked" thread

i respect frank mir's professionalism when he is commentating (even though i think he is the most biased commentator in MMA) and i respect his heart to come back from a bad motorcycle accident, but i really do hope he gets destroyed by brock at UFC 100. i rooted against brock last time but not this time. since that fight happened, my whole perception of mir has changed. he was the biggest jerk coach that tuf has ever seen IMO. he was even more disrespectful to his opposing coach and the opposing team than serra was when he was a coach on tuf. seeing how he acts when he's not commentating or doing post-fight speeches really opened my eyes. i think brock is going to dominate him this time, but he won't make the mistake of getting caught.

does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

i never liked mur .. i think brock takes this ... i really don't care who wins .... i really don't like the penis tattooed on brock's chest though ...
Old 06-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Maldonado136

he fell of the horse against frank murr but hes getting back on and riding it into town baby! WOOOO!!! (or something like that).

i think people take the tuf shows a little too seriously. i dont mind mur i mean he can be smug but he has a true respect for the martial arts. plus noone can act like brock is nicer than he is especially the way he pointed at heath and laughed and tried to ride him like he was in an awkward bull riding contest (i thought it was hilarious but im just making that point). i really hope mir wins but if he doesnt i wont be terribly surprised.

Last edited by Maldonado136; 06-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
he fell of the horse against frank murr but hes getting back on and riding it into town baby! WOOOO!!! (or something like that).

i think people take the tuf shows a little too seriously. i dont mind mur i mean he can be smug but he has a true respect for the martial arts. plus noone can act like brock is nicer than he is especially the way he pointed at heath and laughed and tried to ride him like he was in an awkward bull riding contest (i thought it was hilarious but im just making that point). i really hope mir wins but if he doesnt i wont be terribly surprised.
Whatever happens I want to see Brock get tested. I think it will be important for his future success to see what kind of punishment he can take.

[
Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I really have nothing against Mir, he's a bit cocky, but I don't consider him as an arrogant prick. Didn't have the kind of passion that Nog had when coaching, but I don't fault him for that. I think it seemed kinda weird that he called Nog his idol, but when Nog asked Mir to talk to his guys about ending all the practical jokes that he didn't really respond to his "idol".

Anyways, I still feel Brock was robbed by Mazz in the first fight. He did hit the back of the head, I'm not arguing that, but Mir turned into the punches and was f'ed until Mazz docked Brock a point (without warning, I don't care what Mazz said; there was not a warning).

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Stump Rules!

I don't feel either way about Mir but I most certainly want to see the Lesner beast lose because it seems just about impossible so WAR MIR

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Rev

I would love to know Matt's position on this fight and on Brock.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Well, according to Mir, there are only 9 people in the world who can beat him, so I am assuming and hoping that Brock will turn out to be one of those people.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
he was the biggest jerk coach that tuf has ever seen IMO. he was even more disrespectful to his opposing coach and the opposing team than serra was when he was a coach on tuf. seeing how he acts when he's not commentating or doing post-fight speeches really opened my eyes. i think brock is going to dominate him this time, but he won't make the mistake of getting caught.

does anyone else feel the same way?
rather than making blanket statments, how about you list at least 5 examples of Mir being a prick on TUF. Remember they DO edit these shows to be dramactic, and I personally cannot think of anything he did that made him seem bad at all.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Chris F

Mir is going to get the snot bubbles beat out of him and will not have a ref to save him this time.