Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-24-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I would like to see this as well. But I'd like to see a revenge fight more.
I think it would a better business move for the UFC too. How do you sell Hughes vs Swick?
Joe Rogan: "after an impressive win over Matt Serra, Matt Hughes made a statement to the welterweight division that he is not done yet."
Dana White: "Mike Swick continues to climb the ladder of the welterweight division and has earned a fight that will really prove if he belongs with the elite at 170lbs".
Joe Rogan: Matt Hughes feels that he has some unfinished business at 170lbs. There are two men out there that gave him losses that he'd like to wipe off his record, and one of those men isn't Mike Swick."

UFC 105 Swick vs Hughes live from Australia. only on pay per vieeeeew

[
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i don't think he is a step up from serra really ... not giving serra too much credit, but i think he takes out swick ... but matt should get the winner of the fitch/thiago fight .. when is that again? 100?
serra should of lost to chris lytle, swick is a step up from serra
Old 06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
que

swick is dangerous with his long reach and he is very tall and has dangerous striking. but once matt gets inside the pocket i think he will get the takedown easily and dominate on the ground
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Miss Foxy

All I have to say is WAR HUGHES... You fools can debate for hours over what you think might or might not be over this fight if it even happens. I will continue to have faith in the man himself...
Matt hope the fam bam is doing good.. Hope Audras pregnancy is going well no morning sickness and all that jazz.. Send her my love..
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
All I have to say is WAR HUGHES... You fools can debate for hours over what you think might or might not be over this fight if it even happens. I will continue to have faith in the man himself...
Nobody's doubting Matt. We're doubting the logic behind putting this fight together. I just don't see how a win over a former champ (albeit non defending) puts Matt up against Swick. Swick needs another win to even be considered in the top 5...IMO
don't get me wrong because i really like Swick too.

[
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Matt hope the fam bam is doing good.. Hope Audras pregnancy is going well no morning sickness and all that jazz.. Send her my love..
debating what we think will happen/won't happen doesn't mean we don't have faith in matt like you do. we all have faith that he will win

i don't know if this fight will even happen but if it does it could and probably will put hughes in direct line for a title shot... because i think swick is already pretty close to a title shot himself with one more impressive win (but he won't win against hughes) so a win over swick would put him right up there for the winner of alves/gsp IMO
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Miss Foxy

ATTENTION KMART SHOPPERS...
I NEVER SAID ANYONE IS DOUBTING MATT!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I think it would a better business move for the UFC too. How do you sell Hughes vs Swick?

UFC 105 Swick vs Hughes live from Australia. only on pay per vieeeeew

Well, at this point they really can't sell him vs GSP or Alves.
So, a win over Swick would just more hype a fight over one of those two later this year.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt
Just someone that could potentially be a champion now or someday, ....which is not swick.

Hahaha thats pretty funny, got any more jokes you want to share?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Stump Rules!

Swick needs to start eating his Wheaties if he's going to fight Matt. He weighs like a buck fifty

http://stumpdotcom.com/