I'm kind of a big deal

Default Brock: Nobody is taking my belt

The last line is classic!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...C-RSS&ATTR=UFC

Quote:
Brock: Nobody is taking my belt

By MARK GILBERT

Published: 17 Jun 2009

BROCK LESNAR claims none of the other heavyweights in the UFC will threaten his title reign.

The champion squares off against interim titleholder Frank Mir in a unification bout on July 11 that will headline UFC 100.

But the former WWE star insists he is not worried by the threat any of his rivals pose to him holding on to the gold.

He said: "I watch the other heavyweights and I don't feel threatened by any of them.

"It doesn't mean jack s*** to me. I just want to win fights and make as much money as I can.

"It's all part of the plan and it's a dream come true. I'm not getting caught up in la-la land. I'm keeping everything in perspective and keeping it real.

"But even though I've got the belt, I can still become a better fighter. It poses a whole other threat now, with people gunning for you and not just me trying to climb the ladder."

The 31-year-old is famed for his competitive nature and outstanding wrestling ability - but he admits he is in this business purely for money.

He added: "I've had plenty of jobs to put food on the table. I grew up on a farm in South Dakota so I'm no stranger to hard work.

"But you have to make money. If there wasn't a prize or a guy couldn't make a living out of this I highly doubt that anybody would fight.

"Put it this way, guys play golf for recreation. You don't fight and get bloody noses and black eyes for fun. I'm a grown man and I have to make a living out of this."
Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Hughes_GOAT

so no other HW's are threats to him, but having the belt poses a new threat?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
warriorlion

that was an article in The Sun???

Thats serious plagiarism. Almost every one of those quotes were in the interview with Hywell Teague for Fighters Only.

Thats just lazy
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
canadiancountryboy

I heard Brock say recently in an interview that he GAVE the knee bar to Mir. Well, if have to say so myself....that was really DUMB. Better not do that again Brock!! LOL
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Crisco

Well he did give it to him.

If you train Jitz you would hear the expression all the time. Brock f'ed up and gave Mir the Knee Bar.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Mir is getting TKO'd and quick!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 AM
canadiancountryboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Well he did give it to him.

If you train Jitz you would hear the expression all the time. Brock f'ed up and gave Mir the Knee Bar.
The way Brock said it was to say that Mir's BJJ skills had nothing to do with the victory. Brock made it sound like he gave it away and Frank had no part in it. This guy has a freaking huge ego.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancountryboy
. This guy has a freaking huge ego.

and a huge neck....

WAR BROCK!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't think he meant it in a sense that he gave it to him on purpose, but gave it to him out of inexperience. You hear fighters say that a lot, "I gave it to him". Guess you'd have to hear how it came out of his mouth to know for sure how he meant it. This time though, it won't matter. Mir won't be able to get an arm or neck (what neck??) on Brock when Brock's on top of him. Even Mir admitted last time he gave up going for an arm and wanted the leg. I don't see Brock giving up the leg this time as I'm sure he's worked on his BJJ defense, although Mir is pretty badass with BJJ. However, it won't save him.

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
and a huge neck....

WAR BROCK!!!
chest arms and the rest too!!!