Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Jay and Silent Lovie...

For you Bears fans, here is an article I wrote about the Wide Receiver situation in Chicago as of right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...d-silent-lovie
Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 AM
matthughesfan21

Good article, I agree with most of it...Pass on Burress because who knows when that trial is going to get over, but I see him doing some time, and that could result in a suspension from Goodell...I'm on the fence on Marshall, the chemistry between him and Cutler is pretty good, but he has character issues that could be detrimental to the team....I'd take Boldin in a heartbeat, his contract is quite large in terms of money, but you get a great receiver in return
Old 06-21-2009, 02:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Well, in the poll I made, I voted for Marshall, just because I think he is the more reasonable option as far as money, and then of course he has the chemistry with Cutler. Character issues could be a problem, but they say that about Cutler too.

However, I do think Boldin is the best of the 3, and if he ever leaves Arizona I would only feel comfortable, from a fans perspective, to see him here in Chicago. I got mad love for Anquan!

See, we pretty much agree.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:51 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Well, in the poll I made, I voted for Marshall, just because I think he is the more reasonable option as far as money, and then of course he has the chemistry with Cutler. Character issues could be a problem, but they say that about Cutler too.

However, I do think Boldin is the best of the 3, and if he ever leaves Arizona I would only feel comfortable, from a fans perspective, to see him here in Chicago. I got mad love for Anquan!

See, we pretty much agree.
Most likely you are right about Marshall...As long as he can refrain from domestic abuse, he will be highly beneficial to the team. He doesn't seem to be a bad character on the field, just off of it...Boldin would be huge for the team, but like you said, his contract is hefty...I would pass on Burress because of the gun charges at the moment

haha yes we do agree, I think if we stick to football, we will agree most of the time
Old 06-21-2009, 02:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Most likely you are right about Marshall...As long as he can refrain from domestic abuse, he will be highly beneficial to the team. He doesn't seem to be a bad character on the field, just off of it...Boldin would be huge for the team, but like you said, his contract is hefty...I would pass on Burress because of the gun charges at the moment

haha yes we do agree, I think if we stick to football, we will agree most of the time
Boldin IS worth the money though, at least I think so, but I just don't think the Bears can really afford him without giving up to much. I guess that gives me something to research. The only reason Arizona did not give him what he wants is because they just dropped a BUNCH of money on Fitzgerald. However, those Cards seem to have some real unity going on, and a ton of momentum. I think Boldin stays put in the desert for now.

Yeah, we don't need any more problems in this city, so if Marshall comes hopefully he can leave the baby mama drama back in the Mile High City, but who knows.

Damn, it's June and we are talking football, thats how you know the baseball season has been bad on both sides of town!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Boldin IS worth the money though, at least I think so, but I just don't think the Bears can really afford him without giving up to much. I guess that gives me something to research. The only reason Arizona did not give him what he wants is because they just dropped a BUNCH of money on Fitzgerald. However, those Cards seem to have some real unity going on, and a ton of momentum. I think Boldin stays put in the desert for now.

Yeah, we don't need any more problems in this city, so if Marshall comes hopefully he can leave the baby mama drama back in the Mile High City, but who knows.

Damn, it's June and we are talking football, thats how you know the baseball season has been bad on both sides of town!
Boldin is worth the money, I agree..he would take the bears to the absolute next level, great defense of course...Solid QB(finally), good young RB, and a top notch receiver...to go with the best special teams in the league

we are talking football, but I still like talking baseball, and I am still talking hockey also, but that doesn't seem to be as big of topic here as it is on the blackhawks forums who coulda thunk it
Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Hockey is REALLY gaining momentum in this town...the Hawks have really turned it on the past couple years.

I love the sport, and I played it a lot when I was younger, but I have never been a meat and potatoes stats guy when it comes to the NHL, not like I am with Football, Basketball and Baseball. Following those three, and Boxing, AND MMA is enough....

Plus everybody knows I gotta keep up with the Spelling Bee at 3 am on ESPN....
Old 06-21-2009, 03:13 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Hockey is REALLY gaining momentum in this town...the Hawks have really turned it on the past couple years.

I love the sport, and I played it a lot when I was younger, but I have never been a meat and potatoes stats guy when it comes to the NHL, not like I am with Football, Basketball and Baseball. Following those three, and Boxing, AND MMA is enough....

Plus everybody knows I gotta keep up with the Spelling Bee at 3 am on ESPN....
hockey is gaining momentum in Chicago which is awesome, but at the same time, bandwagon fans piss me off, and there are a lot of them in the Chi...there are some rumors flying around of Dany Heatley being traded to chicago and losing the huge overpaid contract of Campbell(who is basically our 3rd Dman)...the only way that deal happens is if we dont resign Havlat...I love Marty, but he is usually injury prone and Heatley puts up massive offensive numbers...I like to watch older hockey games, and i like to hear about some stats, but i don't follow stats like baseball...Old hockey games are harder to watch because the camera work is harder to follow the puck...and besides points, the main stat in hockey is the +/-, but its pretty subjective....I don't watch the spelling bee anymore, I just watch jeopardy at midnight
Old 06-21-2009, 03:23 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Seriously, Baseball stats are the ABSOLUTE WORST....

Especially for anybody trying to get into sports broadcasting. They have so many ridiculous stats, it's crazy. How the hell they even think of some of the comparisons they come up with is just nuts. I know it's easier nowadays with the internet, but Baseball has always been that way.

Oh, and we should keep Havlat...don't break up the team just yet, and he is a part of the core.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:25 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Seriously, Baseball stats are the ABSOLUTE WORST....

Especially for anybody trying to get into sports broadcasting. They have so many ridiculous stats, it's crazy. How the hell they even think of some of the comparisons they come up with is just nuts. I know it's easier nowadays with the internet, but Baseball has always been that way.
i'm talking more Home runs, batting average, ERA, RBI's..and maybe even OBP....but WHIP, OPS, Slugging Percentage, etc. those are just ridiculous