Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 06-21-2009, 02:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
i wasn't tagging your political affiliation or anyone else's...it was just a comparison pulled from a hat

and you would never get a job as the cubs color guy...you might get it at wgn, but you'd work the sox games....if you were the cubs commentator and started talking down on them, you wouldn't have that job for very long

btw, i liked the slideshow....the only thing I would have liked to see added is the takedown of trigg during ufc 52 after the ballshot
I know, I was just kidding with you. But for the record, if I ever did work in the on-air part of radio, or whatever, I would be forced to be unbiased, and I would be. There are times you can insert those things, but not too much, and not too often. Honestly, I would more than likely be a producer with my audio backround, and then only if the right show idea came along would I even really get to be on air. I don't plan on being anybody's sidekick for any extended period of time
Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I know, I was just kidding with you. But for the record, if I ever did work in the on-air part of radio, or whatever, I would be forced to be unbiased, and I would be. There are times you can insert those things, but not too much, and not too often. Honestly, I would more than likely be a producer with my audio backround, and then only if the right show idea came along would I even really get to be on air. I don't plan on being anybody's sidekick for any extended period of time
the thing about bias is, if you are doing color commentary for a team, you have a certain amount of bias that you are basically required to show...and if you are doing any Chicago sports show, you gotta show love or constructive criticism for chicago teams.....audio or on camera, whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck
Old 06-21-2009, 03:01 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
the thing about bias is, if you are doing color commentary for a team, you have a certain amount of bias that you are basically required to show...and if you are doing any Chicago sports show, you gotta show love or constructive criticism for chicago teams.....audio or on camera, whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck
I agree with you, and there are certain degrees of personalization that is considered acceptable, but sometimes people take it too far. Doing Color commentary is one thing, but look at Hawk Harrelson, he does the play by play, and he is VERY BIASED, but I do love the Hawk

Hey!! Harry Caray was drunk half the time, but he was awesome!

Thanks BTW
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I agree with you, and there are certain degrees of personalization that is considered acceptable, but sometimes people take it too far. Doing Color commentary is one thing, but look at Hawk Harrelson, he does the play by play, and he is VERY BIASED, but I do love the Hawk

Hey!! Harry Carry was drunk half the time, but he was awesome!

Thanks BTW
I wish Hawk would retire

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES
I wish when Lee and Soto hit back to backs on him, Len or bob woulda done that during the cubs commentary just to piss him off

Harry was a little on the alcoholic side, but we love him on the northside....I like listening to old games with Brickhouse as well....him and Harry are legends by way of the Cubbie airwaves....Brickhouse worked sox games as well, and harry worked with the cardinals before the cubs. Hey, even they can't be perfect
Old 06-21-2009, 03:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I wish Hawk would retire

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES
I wish when Lee and Soto hit back to backs on him, Len or bob woulda done that during the cubs commentary just to piss him off

Harry was a little on the alcoholic side, but we love him on the northside....I like listening to old games with Brickhouse as well....him and Harry are legends by way of the Cubbie airwaves....Brickhouse worked sox games as well, and harry worked with the cardinals before the cubs. Hey, even they can't be perfect
Ya know, I heard something on the radio that made me literally wake up laughing. Sometimes I fall asleep with sports radio on, and I kinda half wake up and hear what they are saying through the night or day, depending on my schedule.

Anyway, I heard them talking about giving Kerry Wood a tribute when he came back to town with the Indians. Then Cubs fans started calling in saying that they should wait until Wood retires, and doing all this tribute stuff is ridiculous. One guy mentioned Joe Crede getting a tribute when he came back to The Cell with the Twins, and said the Sox are lame for having him on a statue outside the ballpark.

The next caller was a White Sox fan, who quickly responded; "Hey that guy was a World Series hero, but you guys wouldn't know about that would ya? The only statues you got is of drunken broadcasters!"

I have to admit, I LOL'D
Old 06-21-2009, 03:21 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Ya know, I heard something on the radio that made me literally wake up laughing. Sometimes I fall asleep with sports radio on, and I kinda half wake up and hear what they are saying through the night or day, depending on my schedule.

Anyway, I heard them talking about giving Kerry Wood a tribute when he came back to town with the Indians. Then Cubs fans started calling in saying that they should wait until Wood retires, and doing all this tribute stuff is ridiculous. One guy mentioned Joe Crede getting a tribute when he came back to The Cell with the Twins, and said the Sox are lame for having him on a statue outside the ballpark.

The next caller was a White Sox fan, who quickly responded; "Hey that guy was a World Series hero, but you guys wouldn't know about that would ya? The only statues you got is of drunken broadcasters!"

I have to admit, I LOL'D
hey our statues are not of just drunken broadcasters....we have mr. cub at there now.....oh and, you have a statue of Crede? thats just stupid
Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
hey our statues are not of just drunken broadcasters....we have mr. cub at there now.....oh and, you have a statue of Crede? thats just stupid
Hey, I was not the one who said it. It was caller on the radio, I was just saying it made me LOL.

AND

The statue is NOT just of Crede, they have the other players from the 05 series too. We won the World Seires man, don't hate!

Last edited by J.B.; 06-21-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:34 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Hey, I was not the one who said it. It was caller on the radio, I was just saying it made me LOL.

AND

The statue is NOT just of Crede, they have the other players from the 05 series too. We won the World Seires man, don't hate!
I don't know what your statue looks like at all, judging by what you wrote...I thought it was just a statue of Crede, which would be ridiculous...sure he helped win a world series, but to give an average at best, still active 3B a statue would be kind of dumb...The cubs have statues, but they are deserving
Old 06-21-2009, 03:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I don't know what your statue looks like at all, judging by what you wrote...I thought it was just a statue of Crede, which would be ridiculous...sure he helped win a world series, but to give an average at best, still active 3B a statue would be kind of dumb...The cubs have statues, but they are deserving
They have a bunch of statues out there, I have not been down to the Cell since early last season, and I honestly don't remember what all of them are. I know they added some, but one is the group of guys in a huddle after winning the WS, and Crede is in that one. I think they have more now.

This vid is for you bro, you gotta love the guy at 4:54 with a sign that says "Used my rent money for this"...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ewi_5GofBI
Old 06-21-2009, 03:44 AM
matthughesfan21

that vid is ok, I guess it would be great for a fan of the team, but from an onlooker, its nothing special...anyteam with more than 60 wins could make a vid just as good