Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-19-2009, 08:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

HEY PETA!?!

I guess it's cool that Mike Vick gets 12 to 18 months for dog-fighting, but Dante Stallworth gets ONE MONTH for running over a person while drunk?

That deserves it's own thread...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I know....

seeing this made me really hungry for a steak...and my feet are cold so I am going put on my baby seal fur slippers...
Baby seal fur slippers are illegal, so get rid of em ... now seal pelt slippers, those are ok ...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
HEY PETA!?!

I guess it's cool that Mike Vick gets 12 to 18 months for dog-fighting, but Dante Stallworth gets ONE MONTH for running over a person while drunk?

That deserves it's own thread...
ding ding ding .. we have a winner ... anyone who says Vick didn't get enough time is on something ... people get slapped on the wrist for far worse things than Vick .. not saying what he did was right .. but you are correct

(i was gonna use your winner winner chicken dinner, but i am not a plagiarist)
Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
ding ding ding .. we have a winner ... anyone who says Vick didn't get enough time is on something ... people get slapped on the wrist for far worse things than Vick .. not saying what he did was right .. but you are correct

(i was gonna use your winner winner chicken dinner, but i am not a plagiarist)
"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" is actually copywritten property of a broadcaster I listen to named David Stein. He did not make it up, but he secured the rights to it because he uses the phrase on his radio show.

I actually think Vick got enough time considering everything else he went though. I was actually speaking more to Stallworth. I think he should have gotten more, although he has been suspended INDEFINITELY by the league as of today. I think a human's life is worth more than a dog's, but I do NOT condone Vick's actions AT ALL!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Baby seal fur slippers are illegal, so get rid of em ... now seal pelt slippers, those are ok ...
But he keeps my toes SO WARM...

Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" is actually copywritten property of a broadcaster I listen to named David Stein. He did not make it up, but he secured the rights to it because he uses the phrase on his radio show.

I actually think Vick got enough time considering everything else he went though. I was actually speaking more to Stallworth. I think he should have gotten more, although he has been suspended INDEFINITELY by the league as of today. I think a human's life is worth more than a dog's, but I do NOT condone Vick's actions AT ALL!
so did they have to pay him royalties in that blackjack movie with kevin spacey?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
so did they have to pay him royalties in that blackjack movie with kevin spacey?

Honestly, I have NO idea.... I know that he uses a sample all the time that says that, and it is probably from the movie you speak of. I personally, have never seen that.

I just know that David Stein claims to own rights to the phrase, and I have no reason not to believe him. His show is GREAT compared to the typical sports talk show. His show is called "A Celebration of Life Through Sports", and it does not talk about the days scores or general crap. They just talk to PEOPLE about positive things in their life and how it relates to sports. It's a GREAT show.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 PM
atomdanger

Peta Hates this guy

Old 06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Peta Hates this guy

That's F**king awesome....

somebody needs to photoshop that....lol
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
atomdanger