Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM
atomdanger

Default New CC interview, clears everything up

http://www.mmacube.com/index.php?opt...mma&Itemid=102

Quote:
DID YOU SIGN WITH ANY ORG? DANA LOST HIS TEMPER AND SAID YOU TRICKED HIM

The thing was blown out of proportions. All of this, besides being a sport is a big business too. They know in the UFC i did my part of the deal so I don't think we'll have any problems. I haven't signet nothing yet with any org, and as I said I'm prepared to talk with both sides. I've never been in a sweeter yet more difficult position. Dream offers me more fights, but at the other hand I'm aware of the quality that is in UFC.
Good interview, very plain and straightforward
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Liddellfan

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/DR ... gning.html

The strange case of he-said-she-said between MMA star Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, UFC President Dana White, and numerous media outlets has just taken another turn. According to USA Today, Mike Kogan, who runs the U.S. operation of Dream's parent company (FEG Group), has officially confirmed that Cro Cop has indeed signed a three-fight deal with DREAM. Cro Cop has since denied the signing and wishes to re-enter into negotiations with the UFC, as first reported by FiveKnuckles.com yesterday.

Cro Cop, who returned to the UFC after a year-long exile, returned to the organization this past weekend defeating journeyman Mustafa Al-Turk. The fight was not with out controversy however as Cro Cop, who seemed to be in complete control of the fight, dispite never even attempting one of his vauted, signature kicks, landed a series of punches that had Al-Turk reeling backward visibly hurt. Al-Turk briefly recovered before suffering an inadvertant eye poke which essentially ended the fight.

After the fight both White and Cro Cop talked enthusiastically about Cro Cop's UFC future, musing about future opponents and possible title runs. But toward the end of the evening Yahoo Sports! reported that White was informed by Cro Cop that he had signed a three-fight deal with DREAM, a japanese promotion.

It's unclear at this time whether Cro Cop has signed with DREAM or not. Cro Cop himself, denies signing a contract with anyone and has stated in numourous publications that he would like to enter continue his affiliation with the UFC.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
ufcfan2

Maybe the Dream org. is throwing out there that CC has signed so maybe to persuade CC or disuade UFC from signing him??
Old 06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
clm12704

This is uuuuuuuugly... No matter what happens, CC is not going to come out of this without some kind of character damage.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Poking Al Turk in the eye already did enough character damage.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Poking Al Turk in the eye already did enough character damage.
he could have done a super man eye poke
Old 06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Crisco

I think Dana started yelling because cro cop said he would still talk to dream.

Dana thought his 3 fight contract was a lock.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
he could have done a super man eye poke
Haha, well, if you're going to poke somebody in the eye, why not do it with some style?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Blade

Cro Cop needs to worry less about the business side of things and more on his performance levels. Granted his knee surgery was largely to blame for his condition, but with those fat legs I thought it was a baby elephant in there plodding after Al Turk. And why does he suddenly forget how to kick everytime he fights in frigging Europe!?!?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Cro Cop needs to worry less about the business side of things and more on his performance levels. Granted his knee surgery was largely to blame for his condition, but with those fat legs I thought it was a baby elephant in there plodding after Al Turk. And why does he suddenly forget how to kick everytime he fights in frigging Europe!?!?

Hey, Blade! Call me!