Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Krupp

At this point, all i've ever heard about Carano on all mma forums is the same thing mostly: "OMG, she's so hot I would do her." and you know what? I am really, really tired about it. I just want her to lose just so everyone can shut up about it.

I have nothing but respect for her skills. Her weight issues annoy me, and so do her fans, but then again, I think I should make the point I'm not a fan of women's mma. It's gross to see two women hitting each other, I think.

War Cyborg.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
At this point, all i've ever heard about Carano on all mma forums is the same thing mostly: "OMG, she's so hot I would do her." and you know what? I am really, really tired about it. I just want her to lose just so everyone can shut up about it.

I have nothing but respect for her skills. Her weight issues annoy me, and so do her fans, but then again, I think I should make the point I'm not a fan of women's mma. It's gross to see two women hitting each other, I think.

War Cyborg.
You sound like a straight HATER.. First of all if you don't like women hitting on each other why the WAR CYBORG? Please Gina is a good fighter.. Don't knock her.. Another thing our bodies are very different than a mans and dropping weight is difficult cut her some slack..
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
You're not the only one. IMO, she's just ok. I've seen tons of way hotter girls at the gym in San Antonio or even where I went to college. I don't see what the big deal is, except that she's on TV and makes excuses when cutting weight.

WAR CYBORG!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
You sound like a straight HATER.. First of all if you don't like women hitting on each other why the WAR CYBORG? Please Gina is a good fighter.. Don't knock her.. Another thing our bodies are very different than a mans and dropping weight is difficult cut her some slack..
Don't get me wrong...I still hate women mma, but I'd rather see Cyborg win than Carano, that's all. Read what I said. I'm not knocking her skills. I was commenting on her fans. They're almost as bas as GSP fans..
Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Hughes_GOAT

she looks like Tony Romo, which is weird because her dad was a QB for the Cowboys.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Hughes_GOAT

i regularly talk to a pro female MMA fighter and she says Carano missing weight so often is uncool.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Not true. Her looks do help her sell the fights, but she has legitimate skills. She went to Thailand and beat their champion in Muay Thai. She's faced several quality women fighters and beaten them all. Her good looks help the promotion and I'm sure has also helped her income but she does have skills.
That's why I was careful to say "where she is at". I am not saying she sucks but it's clear to me that she is the face of womens MMA when she has missed weight how many times? I honestly don't know much about women's MMA but I know if a fighter in the UFC (or most other organizations) missed weight that many times they would be cut.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I honestly don't know much about women's MMA but I know if a fighter in the UFC (or most other organizations) missed weight that many times they would be cut.
Exactly. This is my main reason for disliking Carano. My twin lost 16 pounds of weight in a little less than two days in order to make weight for a wrestling tournament when we were just 18. I mean, come on...you telling me a professional fighter can't cut weight? If you're supposed to be a professional in something, it means you've been doing it long enough to know what you've gotta do to get the job done. Carano's only had 7 fights, but seriously, if she's been doing Muay Thai and stuff before her mma career she should know how to cut weight by now. She has no excuse; just like Thiago Alves had no excuse for failing to make weight against Hughes.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Hughes_GOAT

she's always missed weight in MMA.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Krupp

Well that's even more pathetic then, isn't it? I'm sorry but I can't support a fighter who's missed weight so many times like that. It's not right, and no one should be encouraging it. I swear they should just start fining maybe 40% of the offending fighter's purse, not 10%. That would get some results.