Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

4-1 Sox, final score.

The Cubs just cannot seem to get any hitting going this season. Bradley is probably one of the biggest off-season blunders they have made in a while, he has been a letdown. I also bet that Lou is second guessing letting Dempster start in place of Zambrano today.

Danks was awesome though, 9 strikeouts and only 1 run through 7 innings. Good day for baseball. Tomorrow we do it again!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
4-1 Sox, final score.

The Cubs just cannot seem to get any hitting going this season. Bradley is probably one of the biggest off-season blunders they have made in a while, he has been a letdown. I also bet that Lou is second guessing letting Dempster start in place of Zambrano today.

Danks was awesome though, 9 strikeouts and only 1 run through 7 innings. Good day for baseball. Tomorrow we do it again!
Pretty much my friend, Are defense is great for the most part, the pitching is there, the bats, well the bats have about a years worth of dust on them =/
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Wow, now that was a pretty entertaining game.

I did not have the pleasure of getting to watch today, because I had errands and other crap to do, but I am ALWAYS listening to the radio, so I heard most of the game on The Score.

I thought we had it locked up again, but LEE and SOTO did us dirty....really dirty...
Old 06-19-2009, 02:08 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Wow, now that was a pretty entertaining game.

I did not have the pleasure of getting to watch today, because I had errands and other crap to do, but I am ALWAYS listening to the radio, so I heard most of the game on The Score.

I thought we had it locked up again, but LEE and SOTO did us dirty....really dirty...
I saw Lee tie it up at 1-1 with the fielder's choice...and then I had to go to work, and can't have a radio there, so i twiddled my thumbs for a while, and was quite pleased of course when I heard the score

to the cell next weekend, we never play well there and hell we aren't playing well at all, so it should be interesting to say the least..

glad to have a win, glad to see us score more than 1 or 2 runs, but still not satisfied, because although its a win vs the rivals, we have been playing like poo all season, and until we step that up, nothing else matters to me
Old 06-19-2009, 03:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I saw Lee tie it up at 1-1 with the fielder's choice...and then I had to go to work, and can't have a radio there, so i twiddled my thumbs for a while, and was quite pleased of course when I heard the score

to the cell next weekend, we never play well there and hell we aren't playing well at all, so it should be interesting to say the least..

glad to have a win, glad to see us score more than 1 or 2 runs, but still not satisfied, because although its a win vs the rivals, we have been playing like poo all season, and until we step that up, nothing else matters to me

It really sucks that they did not pull a double yesterday to make up for the missed game, but that's the business end of it.

The Cubs definitely have some issues, but you never know when a team can have a defining moment to turn their season around. Yesterday was a pretty big comeback, and they definitely got a couple breaks that helped them out. Ozzie should have pulled Linebrink after that HR by Lee, and the error from Getz did not help us either. Still, it could be the game that helps rally the team in the locker room, who knows.

If they actually play today, but I'm not sure with all the rain we are getting, I hope the Cubs beat Cleveland. The Sox got the Reds, and we need to turn it on too. WAR CHICAGO!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
It really sucks that they did not pull a double yesterday to make up for the missed game, but that's the business end of it.

The Cubs definitely have some issues, but you never know when a team can have a defining moment to turn their season around. Yesterday was a pretty big comeback, and they definitely got a couple breaks that helped them out. Ozzie should have pulled Linebrink after that HR by Lee, and the error from Getz did not help us either. Still, it could be the game that helps rally the team in the locker room, who knows.

If they actually play today, but I'm not sure with all the rain we are getting, I hope the Cubs beat Cleveland. The Sox got the Reds, and we need to turn it on too. WAR CHICAGO!
i might be hoping you win today just because the reds are ahead of us in the division...I hope this comeback from that far down can help the bats wake up, but who knows...I honestly think Lou needs to have one of his patented tirades, it always seems to light a fire under their arse, but he has just been cool, calm, and collected....very un-Lou like during this stretch
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
i might be hoping you win today just because the reds are ahead of us in the division...I hope this comeback from that far down can help the bats wake up, but who knows...I honestly think Lou needs to have one of his patented tirades, it always seems to light a fire under their arse, but he has just been cool, calm, and collected....very un-Lou like during this stretch
I don't think Lou needs to go on a tirade, because I really don't think Lou has the answers. This falls mostly on the players. The Cubs organization is in limbo right now, and they are having a really tough time selling the team because Zell and the Tribune Company are fighting the potential buyers, the Ricketts family, over 50 million dollars per year in broadcasting contracts with WGN, which Zell also owns. It's ridiculous. Lou has hinted at the fact that he has wanted to bring in some new talent, heck, they are even looking at Pedro Martinez, but they ain't gonna spend no more money right now.

The Cubs are one of the highest paid teams in the league, they have wasted a LOT of money and gotten sub-par return for their huge deals. They are victims of their own insane drive to finally win a World Series. They spent all the big dollars on all the wrong people, and the problem now is that they cannot really afford to drop any more major money while the team is in the process of being sold. Now, the team is stuck just getting older. Sure, there is some great talent on that team, but they need to start living up to their salaries or I might just have to start believing in weird curses from goats.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I don't think Lou needs to go on a tirade, because I really don't think Lou has the answers. This falls mostly on the players. The Cubs organization is in limbo right now, and they are having a really tough time selling the team because Zell and the Tribune Company are fighting the potential buyers, the Ricketts family, over 50 million dollars per year in broadcasting contracts with WGN, which Zell also owns. It's ridiculous. Lou has hinted at the fact that he has wanted to bring in some new talent, heck, they are even looking at Pedro Martinez, but they ain't gonna spend no more money right now.

The Cubs are one of the highest paid teams in the league, they have wasted a LOT of money and gotten sub-par return for their huge deals. They are victims of their own insane drive to finally win a World Series. They spent all the big dollars on all the wrong people, and the problem now is that they cannot really afford to drop any more major money while the team is in the process of being sold. Now, the team is stuck just getting older. Sure, there is some great talent on that team, but they need to start living up to their salaries or I might just have to start believing in weird curses from goats.
I think we should have kept derosa, he produces and could play anywhere for us...Bradley is finally starting to hit, but his defense is a liability////honestly, we have the pieces, people just aren't hitting, these same guys were roping last year and now they are all batting in the .200s...I really don't know what the deal is
Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM
logrus

Geez what happened tonight Ozzie??

Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I think we should have kept derosa, he produces and could play anywhere for us...Bradley is finally starting to hit, but his defense is a liability////honestly, we have the pieces, people just aren't hitting, these same guys were roping last year and now they are all batting in the .200s...I really don't know what the deal is
They lost their HGH perscriptions?