Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, a recent video that I say showed the Iranians chanting "Yes we can!" which was the slogan for Barack Obama's campaign during the last few weeks. Sounds to me like they are specifically asking for help from America. They're probably under the false assumption that Barack Obama actually has some substance behind all of his flowery speeches. Unfortunately, their disappointment when they learn the reality will be followed shortly by their slaughter.
actually its an age old Slogan from..."Bob The Builder" I Kid you not! "Can we build it? YES WE CAN"
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Because this is yet another one of those moments Joe Biden predicted where Obama's being tested & his lack of response is once again showing his lack of experience in foreign relations. Rather than show that their golden boy is struggling, the media outlets would rather talk about Jon & Kate.

I'm amazed that you can turn the blame to Obama. Did you bash Bush Sr. when he didn't do anything when the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 were occurring after you read about it in history class?

What do you think Obama should be doing and where will he draw the resources from to do what you think he should do?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I'm amazed that you can turn the blame to Obama. Did you bash Bush Sr. when he didn't do anything when the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 were occurring after you read about it in history class?

What do you think Obama should be doing and where will he draw the resources from to do what you think he should do?
I can easily see people blaming Obama, they want someone to again use military force,and Obama isn't playing that game yet. GIve the people of Iran a chance to demostrate their distrust and anger against the politicians of their nation. I don't see a reason as of now for us just to start droppin' bombs, let this play out first.
Far as the people using 'Obama's Slogan' to me shows they are trying to rally or mimic their nations hope of change like what Obama was doing. I don't neccesarily think its a blatant cry for military action for US.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I can easily see people blaming Obama, they want someone to again use military force,and Obama isn't playing that game yet. GIve the people of Iran a chance to demostrate their distrust and anger against the politicians of their nation. I don't see a reason as of now for us just to start droppin' bombs, let this play out first.
Far as the people using 'Obama's Slogan' to me shows they are trying to rally or mimic their nations hope of change like what Obama was doing. I don't neccesarily think its a blatant cry for military action for US.
I definitely don't think that military action is a good idea at this point. In fact, I have trouble understanding why people suddenly equate "showing support" with bombing people back to the dark ages.

Ronald Reagan helped take down the Communist Block in Europe with his words. We never once fired a single shot against East German or Soviet troops and we helped to topple both of those countries.

No one is asking for military action here.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Obviously a full blown invasion of Iran is not feasible, and up until just a little bit ago I would have laughed at the idea of us even TRYING to take on the 800 pound gorilla in the room known as Iran at this time, but after seeing the video of Neda Saltani being shot dead in the street I am convinced that ultimately this is going to come to head and they are gonna have to be dealt with. Maybe not right this minute, but it's coming, mark my words.

The video is all over the web, and honestly, it's so disturbing that I am not even going to post it here. If you have the stomach, look it up and watch it. It truly left me speechless and just unnerved. I'm just gonna warn anybody who does watch it, you will never be able erase the image of this young girl bleeding to death from your brain. It will be burned into your retinas forever. I have seen horrible acts of violence and plenty gruesome videos before, and I am one who has pretty strong stomach when it comes to life's harsh realities, but this one really got to me. It's really bad.

So, to all you Bush bashing far left zealots who are still complaining about the 2000 election, or to the home grown America hating conspiracy theorists, be thankful you don't live in Iran. Maybe after watching that video you will realize why so many people in America, and around the world are adamant about stopping tyrannical regimes the likes of Iran and North Korea.

Now I have to go and wash out my eyes.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Obviously a full blown invasion of Iran is not feasible, and up until just a little bit ago I would have laughed at the idea of us even TRYING to take on the 800 pound gorilla in the room known as Iran at this time, but after seeing the video of Neda Saltani being shot dead in the street I am convinced that ultimately this is going to come to head and they are gonna have to be dealt with. Maybe not right this minute, but it's coming, mark my words.

The video is all over the web, and honestly, it's so disturbing that I am not even going to post it here. If you have the stomach, look it up and watch it. It truly left me speechless and just unnerved. I'm just gonna warn anybody who does watch it, you will never be able erase the image of this young girl bleeding to death from your brain. It will be burned into your retinas forever. I have seen horrible acts of violence and plenty gruesome videos before, and I am one who has pretty strong stomach when it comes to life's harsh realities, but this one really got to me. It's really bad.

So, to all you Bush bashing far left zealots who are still complaining about the 2000 election, or to the home grown America hating conspiracy theorists, be thankful you don't live in Iran. Maybe after watching that video you will realize why so many people in America, and around the world are adamant about stopping tyrannical regimes the likes of Iran and North Korea.

Now I have to go and wash out my eyes.
The video has already been posted in this thread. I think you getting shocked for the wrong reasons. The Question at hand is not about the slaughter of one or two individuals out of a mass over over a million demonstrators. The question is why has the islamist Regieme not wiped them all out...that is the kind of response that these Countries usually do.

I've read that people say that she was a hit, that out of many spectators she was deliberatley targetted. This is most uncommon way for a Islamic State to try and tackle such a problem.

Iran claims that the West is helping Demonstrators, I read that aswell. Your Country, by the sounds of it, might be avoiding the war you mention above, that might explain why they have said absolutely nothing about the situation in public or in the international community. I think the West is already in Iran, I think this might be modern day stealth Military Intervention is not on the horizon at present...you dont go into a country because they kill a few civilian demonstrators...unless they pull of a Tianamen Square style massicre...which they havent done

Incidently her name means "The Call" cant help but wonder if thats her true name...that is such a cooincodence. A woman who was in transit for most of the demonstration got shot inthe brief moment she got out of the car for some unknown reason...into a crowd of hundreds...and the woman whose name was "the call" got killed.

Is that cooincodence...its like something out of a spy novel
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I definitely don't think that military action is a good idea at this point. In fact, I have trouble understanding why people suddenly equate "showing support" with bombing people back to the dark ages.

Ronald Reagan helped take down the Communist Block in Europe with his words. We never once fired a single shot against East German or Soviet troops and we helped to topple both of those countries.

No one is asking for military action here.
EXACTLY
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The video has already been posted in this thread. I think you getting shocked for the wrong reasons. The Question at hand is not about the slaughter of one or two individuals out of a mass over over a million demonstrators. The question is why has the islamist Regieme not wiped them all out...that is the kind of response that these Countries usually do.

I've read that people say that she was a hit, that out of many spectators she was deliberatley targetted. This is most uncommon way for a Islamic State to try and tackle such a problem.

Iran claims that the West is helping Demonstrators, I read that aswell. Your Country, by the sounds of it, might be avoiding the war you mention above, that might explain why they have said absolutely nothing about the situation in public or in the international community. I think the West is already in Iran, I think this might be modern day stealth Military Intervention is not on the horizon at present...you dont go into a country because they kill a few civilian demonstrators...unless they pull of a Tianamen Square style massicre...which they havent done

Incidently her name means "The Call" cant help but wonder if thats her true name...that is such a cooincodence. A woman who was in transit for most of the demonstration got shot inthe brief moment she got out of the car for some unknown reason...into a crowd of hundreds...and the woman whose name was "the call" got killed.

Is that cooincodence...its like something out of a spy novel
I am not shocked that it happened, I am disgusted. It speaks volumes to the type of people we are dealing with.

Everything I have read about it does not say it was a "hit" or a "setup", and believe me, I KNOW we are not going to use military force because of one person getting killed. I am not saying we should start bombing them because of this.

The point I was making is that things are obviously so ridiculously messed up in Iran that I see things like that as a precursor to the inevitable. We will end up having to deal with them one way or another. You can bet on it.

I don't think it's some conspiracy as to why the Iranian militia has not just been killing everybody. The entire world is watching. If they did that, there would surely be a swift and harsh response. However, I think if certain people could have things the way they wanted, that is exactly what would happen.

No matter what the circumstances surrounding Neda's death are, the point is that these people are absolutely out of control and eventually they are going to have to be dealt with. We don't need that country getting nukes. If Neda was killed by people of her own cause as a political ploy to give strength to their protests, then it only furthers my point that these people are absolutely out of control and they will likely be the cause of the third world war.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I am not shocked that it happened, I am disgusted. It speaks volumes to the type of people we are dealing with.

Everything I have read about it does not say it was a "hit" or a "setup", and believe me, I KNOW we are not going to use military force because of one person getting killed. I am not saying we should start bombing them because of this.

The point I was making is that things are obviously so ridiculously messed up in Iran that I see things like that as a precursor to the inevitable. We will end up having to deal with them one way or another. You can bet on it.

I don't think it's some conspiracy as to why the Iranian militia has not just been killing everybody. The entire world is watching. If they did that, there would surely be a swift and harsh response. However, I think if certain people could have things the way they wanted, that is exactly what would happen.

No matter what the circumstances surrounding Neda's death are, the point is that these people are absolutely out of control and eventually they are going to have to be dealt with. We don't need that country getting nukes. If Neda was killed people of her own cause as a political ploy to give strength to their protests, then it only furthers my point that these people are absolutely out of control and they will likely be the cause of the third world war.
It didnt stop the Chinese.

I wasnt suggesting she was killed in a political ploy. I was suggesting that within the mass group of anti-governmental protestors are a smaller group of people who are possibly moving for a coup or regieme change. The substantiation for this is because the Government dont seem to be killing randomly, or on a mass scale. They seem to be killing the odd individual here and there.

The West is foolish if it hasnt seized this as an opportunity to remove such a monsterous regieme....and I think that is alright to do. They are doing nothing but silently aiding an oppressed people who have organized themselves. Its not intervention, or soverignty stealing...its supporting the democratic majority since they dare to stand up for themselves.

I hope they are successful, and that they either force a recount that at worst leads to a coillition government, at best, ousts the president...or that they are successful in a coup which would go as far as to see the removal of the Ayatollah himself.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

Quote:

The West is foolish if it hasnt seized this as an opportunity to remove such a monsterous regieme....and I think that is alright to do. They are doing nothing but silently aiding an oppressed people who have organized themselves. Its not intervention, or soverignty stealing...its supporting the democratic majority since they dare to stand up for themselves.
Dave, who are you referring to as the West here?