Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-21-2009, 12:40 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

More from today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToOVCcG6tYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq9OGScMMxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkaDFzpNrNU
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:31 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

I didn't realize that it seems FOX News is the only network providing non-stop coverage of what's going on in Iran. It's interesting that so many other news networks seem to be ignoring it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I didn't realize that it seems FOX News is the only network providing non-stop coverage of what's going on in Iran. It's interesting that so many other news networks seem to be ignoring it.
I wonder why? I mean this is an important "moment" especially if the people prevail.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:58 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,312
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Because this is yet another one of those moments Joe Biden predicted where Obama's being tested & his lack of response is once again showing his lack of experience in foreign relations. Rather than show that their golden boy is struggling, the media outlets would rather talk about Jon & Kate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Yeah, those Iranian protest signs are written in English for a reason, this is a cry for help to the United States from Iran.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Well, you know how Matt alway says, "There are "talkers" and there are "doers"...

Obama is still a real good talker....

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-21-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Yeah, those Iranian protest signs are written in English for a reason, this is a cry for help to the United States from Iran.

Its so that English speaking people who get covered by the journalism can understand whats going on. to ANY English speaking country...


I havent heard ANY Major English speaking power mention this. The United States seems more preoccupied with Obama swating a fly, and the United Kingdom is to busy trying to sort out its own corrupt Government, and Europe is split between those who dont want a consitution, and those who want Tony Blair to become "President of Europe"

Talk about bad timing. The truth is, as long as both Iran and Korea keep their heads bowed, the west wont move against them, they have enough to deal with in Afghanistan AND Iraq....which ultimately means, this civil uprising will probably be squashed eventually.

The sad fact is it would take virtually nothing for a Western power to infiltrate and distroy another terrorist regieme, this time WITHOUT the war. We see no takers from any Western Power.....in the future, you watch as the west goes to war with Iran and remember to remind your leaders they dropped the ball on a peaceful way to reach their goals because they couldnt be bothered.

Its so sad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The interesting thing from most of these videos is that they show single protestors shot out of around a million protestors. I wonder if the Regieme is clever enough to go on a simple sniper attack, take out the ring leaders and see if the mass give up.

Again...this is not the response you would expect from an islamic state. The powder keg might be leaking but its not yet exploded Nathan...a full Islamic Response would be much like the Chinese. They'd bring in tanks and massicre the whole demonstration.

they wouldnt be picking off single demonstrators...that seems...most odd to me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

...Meanwhile the British Government is still saying its alright to deport Apostate Christians back to Iran....

...apparently its "Safe" Not Kidding. You thought your Government was F'd up
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Its so that English speaking people who get covered by the journalism can understand whats going on. to ANY English speaking country...


I havent heard ANY Major English speaking power mention this. The United States seems more preoccupied with Obama swating a fly, and the United Kingdom is to busy trying to sort out its own corrupt Government, and Europe is split between those who dont want a consitution, and those who want Tony Blair to become "President of Europe"

Talk about bad timing. The truth is, as long as both Iran and Korea keep their heads bowed, the west wont move against them, they have enough to deal with in Afghanistan AND Iraq....which ultimately means, this civil uprising will probably be squashed eventually.

The sad fact is it would take virtually nothing for a Western power to infiltrate and distroy another terrorist regieme, this time WITHOUT the war. We see no takers from any Western Power.....in the future, you watch as the west goes to war with Iran and remember to remind your leaders they dropped the ball on a peaceful way to reach their goals because they couldnt be bothered.

Its so sad
Well, a recent video that I say showed the Iranians chanting "Yes we can!" which was the slogan for Barack Obama's campaign during the last few weeks. Sounds to me like they are specifically asking for help from America. They're probably under the false assumption that Barack Obama actually has some substance behind all of his flowery speeches. Unfortunately, their disappointment when they learn the reality will be followed shortly by their slaughter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.