Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
The real problem is not ackmajinabab.

The real problem is the muslim clerics.
Akmahjujubaba looks like the owner of the BP gas station down the road from my house.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I really don't think they stand much chance, not to be a negative Nancy or anything....

I guess that when it comes right down to it, I don't put much stock in the people of Iran, or a lot of Muslim nations to actually stand up against tyrannical regimes. If the Muslim world as a whole cannot condemn and try to help combat terrorist regimes like the Taliban and Al-whatever, what makes you think the people of Iran can actually stand up to Akmeddidabob...or whoever he is.

I know I sound crude by misspelling their names, but I don't care anymore. I am sick of having to look up how to spell that crap.
It worked in Zimbabwe with Robert Mugabe! He now has to power share with the guy he claimed didnt beat him in the ellections. It was unheard of for the supporters of the other guy to actually stand up to the government. They went public and piled on the pressure

You see Iran told these people not to protest. But the protest was a FIVE MILE LONG group of people. The Government simply wasnt expecting the people to dare to defy. So far nothing more then one supporter wounded and a few cars on fire.

Now the Chinese would have sent in the Military by now...but the Islamist Government is still reeling in shock that the people have dared, en masse, peacfully, to actually react.

Quite honnestly, they have never been in this situation, and may not know what to do...especially as now the whole world is watching and guess whose side they appear to be on.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
The real problem is not ackmajinabab.

The real problem is the muslim clerics.
that is also true. The Ayatollah (think of him like an Arch Bishop) is not a happy bunny right now
Old 06-16-2009, 12:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
It worked in Zimbabwe with Robert Mugabe! He now has to power share with the guy he claimed didnt beat him in the ellections. It was unheard of for the supporters of the other guy to actually stand up to the government. They went public and piled on the pressure

You see Iran told these people not to protest. But the protest was a FIVE MILE LONG group of people. The Government simply wasnt expecting the people to dare to defy. So far nothing more then one supporter wounded and a few cars on fire.

Now the Chinese would have sent in the Military by now...but the Islamist Government is still reeling in shock that the people have dared, en masse, peacfully, to actually react.

Quite honnestly, they have never been in this situation, and may not know what to do...especially as now the whole world is watching and guess whose side they appear to be on.
Well, the news says that right now only 7 people are dead, so I guess that's promising...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
that is also true. The Ayatollah (think of him like an Arch Bishop) is not a happy bunny right now
Actually I think your comparison is a little off.

Arch Bishops generally still reported to the kings.

Ali Khamanei is the supreme ruler of the country. Everyone reports to him. President included.

The council of experts has the constitutional authority to depose him if they collect together however they are subordinate to him.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Actually I think your comparison is a little off.

Arch Bishops generally still reported to the kings.

Ali Khamanei is the supreme ruler of the country. Everyone reports to him. President included.

The council of experts has the constitutional authority to depose him if they collect together however they are subordinate to him.
The Queen is Defender Of The Faith.

She has Her own Cross...therefore, there is nothing (in theory) differentiating her from an Arch Bishop.

I'll explain more about an Established and State Run Church when I come back home from work LOL (the main difference is that the Church chooses not to use its consitutional powers..thats not the same in Islam)
Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Looks like the powder keg has exploded in Iran. Has anyone been watching the news footage?

Really wish Obama would just man up and say something encouraging to the demonstrators. He seems to be more than willing to take advantage of a crisis to manipulate Americans, but why not use the same tactic to take down a terrorist government?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Administrator

A video from today in Iran, WARNING it's pretty graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vRF2bLaUU
Old 06-21-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Looks like the powder keg has exploded in Iran. Has anyone been watching the news footage?

Really wish Obama would just man up and say something encouraging to the demonstrators. He seems to be more than willing to take advantage of a crisis to manipulate Americans, but why not use the same tactic to take down a terrorist government?
I just saw some of it on the FOX channel. When this first started, I thought those people for sure were going to be smashed down and quickly, but I was mistaken. Looks like the Iranian people have had enough of their government and are determined. I hope they continue even in the face of death and I hope they prevail.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Administrator

More videos from today, some are pretty graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC0f9p3nKL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCBLhlfCVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBlmCbCHR4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1RsEsHUuU

WARNING! this video is VERY graphic and disturbing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVX9Wk91_g