Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Hughes fanboy

ahh....

well that's...

odd...

Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Hughes fanboy

no one knows for sure..

rock solid communication all around it seems..

personally I kind of hope its true...just to piss of Dana
Old 06-15-2009, 03:40 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Dana didn't believe in him so he did a verbal deal. had CC lost Dana wouldn't keep him. CC lived up to his deal by fighting the 1 fight verbal deal. if Dana don't like it, do official deals next time.....and for more than 1 fight too.
agreed. crocop lived up to the deal. it was a 1 fight verbal contract and he did it

i hope this is true. in his post fight interview he says he wants to talk to dana and fight randy or nog next. the rumors about him signing with dream all the sudden just don't add up to what he said
Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 AM
que

here is the translation. all i can say is, if this is true then dana owes mirko an apology

ZAGREB - on the same saturday evening in wich Mirko Filipovic defeated british Mustapha Al Turk in only 3 minutes, the president of the American organization UFC Dana White with no arguments accused Cro Cop for fraud and being a hypocrite.

Ten days ago the two came to a deal over the phone for a fight at UFC 99 in Koln Lanxess Arena, leaving the option for two additional fights in future events. However, UFC boss felt cheated because he tought that Croatian fighter signed a contract with the Japanese DREAM. (then there is a quote of what dana said..)

However, the truth is that Cro Cop did not sign for DREAM or UFC yet and is still opened for all offers. Furthermore, Mirko expected a talk with Dana immediately after the event and is surprised with the accusations that came from the UFC president.

"I can not realize on how White fell for the rumors instead of talking to me. I was hoping that we will talk about further cooperation, because the only opened question was the frequency of fights. I do not want to sit at home for months and wait for the call. Still, i am thankful to White for giving me a chance to fight in Cologne and despite his harsh words i see no reason not to continue our cooperation" - Mirko said after his return from Germany.

White invited Cro Cop to fight in Germany to use his charisma of being the most popular European fighter and suggested him two more fights, as long as he dont fight for other organizations. DREAM is also offering 3 fights, but all of them this year. Why would it be strange for Mirko to still consider both offers?

The aftermath of the story is expected in the next few days, but, considering Whites outburst in Cologne, Mirko could be closer to Japanese ring than to American octagon.

Last edited by que; 06-15-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 AM

thanks for posting Que.

[
Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
thanks for posting Que.
np my friend
Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

As to how ethical it would be for Cro Cop to do what he is accused of doing it would depend on the agreement! Personally I think to hate on Dana or CC so much is crazy!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Either way, Mirko looked awesome last night. His countering was top notch.
pity about the eye poke. I mean I think it was accidental...but all the same...it kinda spoiled what would otheriwse have been flawless
Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://jutarnji.hr/sport/borilacki_s...,14,,166592.jl

According to people who translated this article, he says he hasn't signed with DREAM, is worried Dana would believe those rumors and says he wants to continue with the UFC but wants to fight more than twice a year.

O_o
He can do that easily if he continues to poke his opponent in the eye without the ref catching him do it.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
He can do that easily if he continues to poke his opponent in the eye without the ref catching him do it.
this is the same ref who raised the wrong persons hand at decision occasionally