Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Here's all you need to know: the dude is (w)itching about fast-tracking. Now, everyone try to guess why Dave agrees with him!
Thats not true.

The guy is actually talking about match-making in order to promote someone. He's suggesting that if you win big, you get fast-tracked and its to your detriment...whereas if you dont do so well, but win, or are an extremely valuable asset to the company, you will get more experience before you finally reach the top.

Considering it was a sherdog journalist, I thought the artical was exceptional. I have to admit, I thought I was reading my own words for a moment
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thats not true.

The guy is actually talking about match-making in order to promote someone. He's suggesting that if you win big, you get fast-tracked and its to your detriment...whereas if you dont do so well, but win, or are an extremely valuable asset to the company, you will get more experience before you finally reach the top.
Right. He's (w)itching about fast-tracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Considering it was a sherdog journalist, I thought the artical was exceptional. I have to admit, I thought I was reading my own words for a moment
Well, until I got to the "courtesy of Sherdog", I thought this was another letter you were planning to send to the editor. I mean, it's a topic that you hold a lot of fire for so I had figured it'd only be a matter of time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well, until I got to the "courtesy of Sherdog", I thought this was another letter you were planning to send to the editor. I mean, it's a topic that you hold a lot of fire for so I had figured it'd only be a matter of time.
you say that as if its a bad thing
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
you say that as if its a bad thing
No, I just said it. Any negativity you attach is on your own!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
No, I just said it. Any negativity you attach is on your own!!
O I dont think its a bad thing. I just wish I'd come up with the artical first

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:40 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
O I dont think its a bad thing. I just wish I'd come up with the artical first

Well, in all fairness, you probably did. I mean, someone would only need to lurk here for about a week or so, take notes on your rants, and have great article ideas for about the next year!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well, in all fairness, you probably did. I mean, someone would only need to lurk here for about a week or so, take notes on your rants, and have great article ideas for about the next year!!!
what bothers me is he used the term "Fast-Tracked" I havent ever heard or seen that term used by an MMA journalist. It was the best descriptive word I could come up with for what I thought was going on, its a stolen word from the jargon of big commercial industry and retail.

I thought I was the only one to actually use that term I wonder sometimes if people actually steal my ideas from this forum
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
what bothers me is he used the term "Fast-Tracked" I havent ever heard or seen that term used by an MMA journalist. It was the best descriptive word I could come up with for what I thought was going on, its a stolen word from the jargon of big commercial industry and retail.

I thought I was the only one to actually use that term I wonder sometimes if people actually steal my ideas from this forum
O great, this is jsut what we need: for Dave to think he's actually having an impact on MMA. Now he'll never shut up!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
O great, this is jsut what we need: for Dave to think he's actually having an impact on MMA. Now he'll never shut up!!
The truth Hurts....


...YOU
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I read the entire article... Crap crap and more crap...

the writer is actual doing the same thing that he "accuses" the UFC of with his name dropping...

very boring.. WAY over worded for what he is trying to say... lame ...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.