Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
At least you could have picked a lead singer, I bet if you did you would have cut their votes by half thus cause a huge rift in the brackets. Typical conspiracy in Chicago politics I tell ya...

Well, Van Halen is still Van Halen. Why would I pick Haggar anyway? Most of their biggest hits were with David Lee Roth. For that matter, Metallica is largely considered of having two sets of sounds, the old and the new. So how I would pick between those? It's all Metallica, and it's all Van Halen. Neither one of them are in THIS round, so it don't matter.

Now VOTE, you can do it Log, I know you can!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Crisco

GnR and LZ
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
GnR and LZ
Yes! That's now 4 people who have followed me lead! Man, with this much charisma, I should look into starting a cult or something...
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
mikthehick

PF and LZ
Old 06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yes! That's now 4 people who have followed me lead! Man, with this much charisma, I should look into starting a cult or something...

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well don't we think highly of ourselves
Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

Well, Van Halen is still Van Halen. Why would I pick Haggar anyway? Most of their biggest hits were with David Lee Roth. For that matter, Metallica is largely considered of having two sets of sounds, the old and the new. So how I would pick between those? It's all Metallica, and it's all Van Halen. Neither one of them are in THIS round, so it don't matter.

Now VOTE, you can do it Log, I know you can!
Metallicas second sound was a cheap attempt at trying to by more mainstream and marketable, I thought they left that sound and went back more towards their roots. But nothing beat their old stuf..

Besides you can't compare a bands poor choice of sound vs a band changing lead singers 3 times, then changing between the 3 lead singers throughout the years. Who knows maybe mentioning Roth from the beginning would not have mattered, then again maybe that 1 Hager fan would have been mad and not voted.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM

LZ and Pink Floyd for me
Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Metallicas second sound was a cheap attempt at trying to by more mainstream and marketable, I thought they left that sound and went back more towards their roots. But nothing beat their old stuf..

Besides you can't compare a bands poor choice of sound vs a band changing lead singers 3 times, then changing between the 3 lead singers throughout the years. Who knows maybe mentioning Roth from the beginning would not have mattered, then again maybe that 1 Hager fan would have been mad and not voted.

A bunch of people have NOT voted, hahaha, are you that ONE Hagar fan?!

On a serious note, I agree that Metallica's second sound did take a more mainstream approach, but as a GREAT guitarist once told me, "a good song is a good song". I personally think Metallica had some good stuff in their post-Black Album material. As Van Halen had some decent stuff with Hagar, I guess. It's all just for fun, and it's all just opinion.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm giving this thread a bump, and waiting a day or two, then moving on to championship round.