Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
spencer didnt do **** either the whole fight but be on the defensive and avoid takedowns. He land one really good left hook the whole fight and caol chewed on it like a candy bar.... The last minute was the only significan t thing to happen the whole fight... I hate the ufc's scoring system... both sherdog, mma weekl and mma junkie scored the fight for uno, not to mention rogan and golberg thought uno won.. Its bull**** that the ufc didnt annunce the scores of the fight either wtf was that..

But of course this is a mfs biased sight understandably so, its no surprise alot of people here think spencer won even though 70% of people and mma experts on other sites think uno won it.
It's not about being MFS biased truth be told I don't care about MFS anymore. I like Spencer Fisher and the dude is game everytime the ref says go. 70% of "MMA experts" know exactly d*** about MMA. Pushing and holding against a cage while getting your insides torn to shreds with knee's doesn't equal control. What Cain Valasquez did was control. What Uno did was negate both himself and fisher. He refused to fight off the cage and was scared to engage with Spencer.

Some people have soft spots for them little japanese dudes. I don't. I like to see people come to fight. and Uno didn't. He didn't even come to grapple he wanted to play sumo.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
spencer didnt do **** either the whole fight but be on the defensive and avoid takedowns. He land one really good left hook the whole fight and caol chewed on it like a candy bar.... The last minute was the only significan t thing to happen the whole fight... I hate the ufc's scoring system... both sherdog, mma weekl and mma junkie scored the fight for uno, not to mention rogan and golberg thought uno won..
holla!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Spencer stuffed 97% of Unos take downs, 2% Uno did jack with it other then let Fish get back up and 1 time late late late in the third round Uno actually did something with it.

Spencer was the better striker, if anything the huge landslide of knees thrown clearly impressed the judges more then Uno holding Spencer against the cage.
LOL at your math! Spencer did do better striking but not to the degree that Uno was pushing Fisher around and getting takedowns.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He will...after October. When I see him...I shall ask him why he ignores me
what if he says who are you again?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
It's not about being MFS biased truth be told I don't care about MFS anymore. I like Spencer Fisher and the dude is game everytime the ref says go. 70% of "MMA experts" know exactly d*** about MMA. Pushing and holding against a cage while getting your insides torn to shreds with knee's doesn't equal control. What Cain Valasquez did was control. What Uno did was negate both himself and fisher. He refused to fight off the cage and was scared to engage with Spencer.

Some people have soft spots for them little japanese dudes. I don't. I like to see people come to fight. and Uno didn't. He didn't even come to grapple he wanted to play sumo.
so your saying little knees to the thigh in the clinch won the fight for spencer???? haha get out of here with that garbage.... Japanese can never win close decisions in the ufc even if they fight the typical american wresler style that wins in the ufc.... its bull**** and if that was tyson griffn he would of won that decision.
keep disrespecting one of the pioneers of the sport too i never thought id have somone accuse caol uno of not coming to fight.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Crisco

Quote:
so your saying little knees to the thigh in the clinch won the fight for spencer???? haha get out of here with that garbage.... Japanese can never win close decisions in the ufc even if they fight the typical american wresler style that wins in the ufc.... its bull**** and if that was tyson griffn he would of won that decision.
keep disrespecting one of the pioneers of the sport too i never thought id have somone accuse caol uno of not coming to fight.
Don't get it twisted.

I respect Uno for everything he has done.

The way he approached this fight with Spencer was a poor gameplan. I scored the fight for Spencer and so did a lot of other people.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Don't get it twisted.

I respect Uno for everything he has done.

The way he approached this fight with Spencer was a poor gameplan. I scored the fight for Spencer and so did a lot of other people.
yeah it was a close fight its just that uno execute the kind of game plan that wins in the ufc and he didnt get the decision when a bunch of american wrestlers win by doing the same things.....
Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
LOL at your math! Spencer did do better striking but not to the degree that Uno was pushing Fisher around and getting takedowns.
HE pushed Spence to the cage and then he did umm, did umm, ohh yeah just leaned on him. Whats that the evolution of the lay and pray, Uno master of the Lean and Pray.

Spence really did avoid more take downs then Uno landed, and most of those Uno landed ended up Uno holding onto his legs and praying the round would end. The only take down that mattered was late in round 3 but by then it was all over for Uno.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 AM
logrus

Rounds 2-3

Uno Take Downs 2/9 damage resulted from it 1/9. Uno reversed Spence on the ground 3 times all went for 0 damage. I might have not accounted for an aattempt or 2 cause they were iffy, might have counted an iffy as an attempt.

There were a couple times in round 3 Uno had Spence sitting up against the cage, take down or defense could be argue either way, but once again Uno did nothing with those attempts.

Round 3 Spence had a take down, dropped a couple punches and Uno escaped, also in round 3 Spence hit uno good that dropped him on his butt, which could have null and voided the Uno barrage at the end.

Spence in rounds 2-3 clearly had avoided most of Unos take downs, and any damage from it, when uno reversed on the ground nothing came for it.

I still see it as a close win for Spence.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
what if he says who are you again?
I'll educate and enlighten him