Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
If by Uno controlling the fight you mean pushing spencer against the cage and not moving then yes your correct.

Whenver they seperated Spencer made Uno pay for if.

Uno did **** to win that fight except in the last 15 seconds.
Fisher barely touched Uno standing and Uno controlled where the fight went. press ed against cage (control) TD's multiple times (aggression). i like Fisher but he lost that fight.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Fisher barely touched Uno standing and Uno controlled where the fight went. press ed against cage (control) TD's multiple times (aggression). i like Fisher but he lost that fight.
What fight did you watch exactly? Spencer was knocking him around like a little girl whenver he managed to stop Uno from holding him against the cage.

and Uno's takedowns where horse ****. He had zero control on the ground the whole fight. Spencer was right off his back and into the fight. Landing big knee's the whole time UNO pushed him against the cage. It doesn't count if you all you do is hold him against the cage and get stabbed in your stomach by knee's.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
What fight did you watch exactly? Spencer was knocking him around like a little girl whenver he managed to stop Uno from holding him against the cage.

and Uno's takedowns where horse ****. He had zero control on the ground the whole fight. Spencer was right off his back and into the fight. Landing big knee's the whole time UNO pushed him against the cage. It doesn't count if you all you do is hold him against the cage and get stabbed in your stomach by knee's.
I concure thats the way I saw it also
Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Hughes_GOAT

he barely touched him standing. you say he knocked him around but Uno was never rocked, much less dropped. Uno gave as much as he took standing and he dominated the ground. Spencer was in trouble that last round but the bell rung. even Spencer was shocked he won.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I concure thats the way I saw it also
that's because you're biased towards all things MFS Spencer doesn't even write you back
Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
that's because you're biased towards all things MFS Spencer doesn't even write you back
He will...after October. When I see him...I shall ask him why he ignores me
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
If by Uno controlling the fight you mean pushing spencer against the cage and not moving then yes your correct.

Whenver they seperated Spencer made Uno pay for if.

Uno did **** to win that fight except in the last 15 seconds.
spencer didnt do **** either the whole fight but be on the defensive and avoid takedowns. He land one really good left hook the whole fight and caol chewed on it like a candy bar.... The last minute was the only significan t thing to happen the whole fight... I hate the ufc's scoring system... both sherdog, mma weekl and mma junkie scored the fight for uno, not to mention rogan and golberg thought uno won.. Its bull**** that the ufc didnt annunce the scores of the fight either wtf was that..

But of course this is a mfs biased sight understandably so, its no surprise alot of people here think spencer won even though 70% of people and mma experts on other sites think uno won it.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 AM
logrus

Spencer stuffed 97% of Unos take downs, 2% Uno did jack with it other then let Fish get back up and 1 time late late late in the third round Uno actually did something with it.

Spencer was the better striker, if anything the huge landslide of knees thrown clearly impressed the judges more then Uno holding Spencer against the cage.

Its clear to see that UNO wanted it on the ground, but had one hell of a time getting it there or keeping it there.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Liddellfan

I finally got around to watching the Franklin-Silva fight last night....There is not way Wanderlei was even close to winning that fight. He was down more than Franklin was and he did not fight his usual "Wanderlei style". He looked tentative, sloppy, and seemed to gas quickly. He just did not look good at all. The only thing Wandy did was stun Franklin and got a takedown but did no damage while in the top position. Franklin looked crisp and picked Wandy apart the entire fight. The only round that should have been given to Wandy was round 2, it's the only round he really did anything in. I wounder how much longer the UFC is going to keep him around when he's not winning fights??I know it was a catch weight fight but he wants to fight Anderson Silva at 185 and he just got picked apart by a former Champion that Anderson destroyed twice.
Wanderlei is one of my favorite fighters but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore...It may be time to retire.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
I finally got around to watching the Franklin-Silva fight last night....There is not way Wanderlei was even close to winning that fight. He was down more than Franklin was and he did not fight his usual "Wanderlei style". He looked tentative, sloppy, and seemed to gas quickly. He just did not look good at all. The only thing Wandy did was stun Franklin and got a takedown but did no damage while in the top position. Franklin looked crisp and picked Wandy apart the entire fight. The only round that should have been given to Wandy was round 2, it's the only round he really did anything in. I wounder how much longer the UFC is going to keep him around when he's not winning fights??I know it was a catch weight fight but he wants to fight Anderson Silva at 185 and he just got picked apart by a former Champion that Anderson destroyed twice.
Wanderlei is one of my favorite fighters but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore...It may be time to retire.
this is basically how i saw the fight. i wonder if he can even make 185 i mean he barely has any body fat as it is. it might be dangerous to try