Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Crisco

If by Uno controlling the fight you mean pushing spencer against the cage and not moving then yes your correct.

Whenver they seperated Spencer made Uno pay for if.

Uno did **** to win that fight except in the last 15 seconds.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Other than landing more shots,
what did you feel RIch did to win the third?

He back peddled a lot, he wasn't agressive, he didn't try to finish,
he wasn't in octagon control.
i did feel like he controlled the round better and kept busier. ill watch it again and try to focus more on what wanderlei accomplished in the round. check out the fightmetric for it. i know it doesnt take into account every aspect of the fight but i think its pretty cool and if fights were scored as a whole like in pride then rich would have still won (i know that doesnt mean crap just saying).

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Franklin-Silva.html
Old 06-15-2009, 04:51 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
If by Uno controlling the fight you mean pushing spencer against the cage and not moving then yes your correct.

Fisher stuffed the majority of Uno's take downs, and when it did go to the ground Uno did nothing and Fisher worked to get back up. Other then that Uno just pressed him against the cage which just let Fisher throw a crap load of knees and punches off the break.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 AM
pistol-pete

First off, let me say I am not a huge fan of either, but like to watch both of them fight.

Franklin was crisper in the first round, he landed more punches, slipped more punches. Sure Wand got the takedown, but did little to no damage while in Franklins guard. I think takedowns are important to scoring, but if you don't do any damage after the takedown then at best you get a check mark for control. Franklin got the takedown after Wand tried to pull off a relatively weak attempt at a Gulliotine Choke. Franklin landed punches while on top.

Franklin wins round one.

Round Two,
Franklin starts the second round much like the first, landing punches, it wasn't until there was less than 2 minutes in the round Wand timed the leg kick and fired off a one/two combination and caught Franklin flush, Franklin's knees buckled but didn't go down. Wand finally started pressuring in, but Franklin recovered, then Wand timed another kick and land another one/two combo. He couldn't finish Franklin against the fence, Franklin did a remarkable job recovering, and then landed some power punches and that kick in the last 30 seconds or so. Hard round to call

Franklin wins round two.

Round three
Franklin again starts off the round with good movement, landing punches rotating away from Wand's right hand and high kick. Franklin gets conservative with less than 4 minutes. Wand found a couple of ounces left in the gas tank, he push the fight, lands some power shots, gets Franklin in trouble, Franklin circles out from the fence but clinches with Wand and catches a knee to the face. Franklin keeps backing up circling away from Wand, doesn't want to get knocked out, I think he thought he has the fight in the bag. But Wand keeps attacking landing punches with morre consistency than he had in the previous two rounds. Franklin steals a takedown, but can't keep Wandy down, Wand pops up to his feet, Franklin controlling his back, but one their feet Silva is pushing Franklin against the fence, and Franklin then Complained about Silva holding on to his gloves. Silva starts throwing elbows, catches Franklin a couple of time flush, Franklin starts throwing hooking punches with about 10 seconds left, entertaining, but akward exchange.

I give round 3 to Wand Silva.

Close fight, hard to pick a clear winner, especially when the rounds started off fast for Frankin, but with Wand exploding in the middle to late part of each round.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
i did feel like he controlled the round better and kept busier. ill watch it again and try to focus more on what wanderlei accomplished in the round. check out the fightmetric for it. i know it doesnt take into account every aspect of the fight but i think its pretty cool and if fights were scored as a whole like in pride then rich would have still won (i know that doesnt mean crap just saying).

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Franklin-Silva.html
lol they gave bj penn the win in jenn's first fight with him
http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Pulver.html
Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
First off, let me say I am not a huge fan of either, but like to watch both of them fight.

Franklin was crisper in the first round, he landed more punches, slipped more punches. Sure Wand got the takedown, but did little to no damage while in Franklins guard. I think takedowns are important to scoring, but if you don't do any damage after the takedown then at best you get a check mark for control. Franklin got the takedown after Wand tried to pull off a relatively weak attempt at a Gulliotine Choke. Franklin landed punches while on top.

Franklin wins round one.

Franklin wins round two.
I give round 3 to Wand Silva.

Close fight, hard to pick a clear winner, especially when the rounds started off fast for Frankin, but with Wand exploding in the middle to late part of each round.
Your problem is Wandy jumped guard, Franklin didn't get a take down.
Wandy jumped into that choke. So. no takedown for Rich.
He was attempting to finish, that counts for agression,
and he got a takedown when Rich did not
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
lol they gave bj penn the win in jenn's first fight with him
http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Pulver.html
like i said its not always accurate i just put it because i figured some would find the statistics interesting
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Your problem is Wandy jumped guard, Franklin didn't get a take down.
Wandy jumped into that choke. So. no takedown for Rich.
He was attempting to finish, that counts for agression,
and he got a takedown when Rich did not
OK, so maybe Rich didn't get a takedown in Rnd 1, but that still doesn't lose him the round. He's winning the fight for 4min & loses 1 TD (which resulted in little-to-no damage), but then stands up. That loses him the entire round? Forget the fact that even after Wandi weak guillotine attempt (he had no business trying for that), Rich was on top & was throwing leather until the bell. Wandi barely threw strikes while on top of Rich, but Rich was landing shots on Wandi in the closing moment. So right now Rnd 1 is Rich dominating for 4min, Wandi with a TD & LnP, Rich escapes, Wandi attempts a sub, Rich GnPs. Even each of those occurances is weighted completely evenly (which I think is unlikely, but for arguments sake...) Rich still took that round 3-2.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

I agree 110%
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
This is just how I feel. Just watched the event and I really feel that the fight between Franklin and Silva should NOT have been unamious. No one gave Wandy a round? They must have seen a different round two than I did.

That's why it's so important to not let it go to the judges.

Silva didn't come in as aggressive as he normally does....

Would still love to see him fight Anderson.
I gave the second round to Silva, I think it could have been a split...but no way was anyone "Robbed" in that main event.

I also cant understand why people think Uno should have won. Can you just explain to me why you think that