Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
They say they judge on octagon control and aggressiveness. If they do, then both of these fights should have at least been splits and not unamious. IMO.
why does a split make it any better than a UD, a win is a win, a loss is a loss...so you are saying that the judges should have trouble agreeing with each other?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
CBCS

its not about the judges agreeing with each other. each judge is suppose to judge it on what they seen in the fight. its not like they take a vote "so who are you voting for? ok me too"
Old 06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Maldonado136

i watched the fight multiple times and i have it 29-28 franklin. he would have won the second round as well if he didnt get hit near the end.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Maldonado136

silva wants a rematch which is pointless because hes trying to be a middleweight.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
i watched the fight multiple times and i have it 29-28 franklin. he would have won the second round as well if he didnt get hit near the end.
Other than landing more shots,
what did you feel RIch did to win the third?

He back peddled a lot, he wasn't agressive, he didn't try to finish,
he wasn't in octagon control.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM

It was a real close fight and greatest result for both.

Both looked great and put on a great show, it was good that neither KO eachother in my opinion.

However I definetly thought Wandy was more aggressive and inflicted more damage.

Difficult one to call...............
Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
silva wants a rematch which is pointless because hes trying to be a middleweight.

He probably made that decision after Rich, right before letting go of the Mic, thanked Anderson for helping him train. It looked like Wandy heard it and had a "You f*%^&^ up" smile on his face.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Wand won the first. got the TD. Rich probably got credit for a TD when Wand tried to guillotine him. shouldn't have though. Wand won the second but lost the third.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Hughes_GOAT

and Uno was robbed. he controlled that fight.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
logrus

First thing, Wande did not look great at all, he looked like the cut in weight screwed him up big time, I just didnt see that great Wande agression like I did when he fought Chuck, maybe the Rampage knock out messed him up or it was the cut in weight but either case Wande looked different to me.

As for the fight it was very close, and really a strong argument could be made for both fighters. but I think Rich's control for the first 2/3 of each round was enough to sqeak the win in all 3 rounds.

Another thing is there was a few time were Rich punched Wande and Wande either stumbled from it or slipped, which seem to happen a lot in that fight, but either case I bet that made Rich look that much better in judges eyes.