Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Cool The Ultimate How it is.....deal with it kids.

EDIT: I blame this on QUE. His avatar makes it hard, Lord...
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan
I've watched it a couple times now and I think Franklin easily takes it 29-28 or 30-27... *shrug*
Yep. Feel the same way.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
County Mike

Seems like backing up and counter punching is the "in" thing these days. I thought it was a very close fight and could have been judged either way. I'm not surprised that Rich won, but wouldn't have been surprised with a split decision or even a judgement for Wanderlei.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 PM
ufcfan2

In Uno fight I guess you could make the argument that Spencer was doing a great job of Take Down defense,but then again you can argue Uno was pretty aggressive the whole fight imo. Though I had no problems with Spencer getting the win,but not a UD.
Wandi fight was the same, I didn't have a huge problem with Franklin winning or if they gave it too Wandi. The fight would of been better if Wandi didn't have to cut all that weight he looked so gassed in that fight.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:38 PM
lc87

But that's why they set this fight up at 195 to help ease into the full cut and when you only have to cut 12 pounds and its your first time cutting weight and wait till last minute to cut it the cut is going to affect you.

Round 2 is tough to score. Both got rocked but when franklin landed the head kick wand fel to his but and spun right back up which counts as a knockdown so who knows that might have won that round for him. And the takedown in 3 might have won that round for him.

Dana says it every year though if you complain about a decision its your fault for not finishing him and letting it go to the judges.

I think fisher won because of his td defense. When he was taken down he didn't stay down for long.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Stump Rules!

Rich won ( barely).Get over it....move on..

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
In Uno fight I guess you could make the argument that Spencer was doing a great job of Take Down defense,but then again you can argue Uno was pretty aggressive the whole fight imo. Though I had no problems with Spencer getting the win,but not a UD.
Wandi fight was the same, I didn't have a huge problem with Franklin winning or if they gave it too Wandi. The fight would of been better if Wandi didn't have to cut all that weight he looked so gassed in that fight.

Uno was pretty aggressive at wrapping Spencer up for three round but I see no comparisions between this fight and the Wandy fight. It wasnt until the end of the 3rd when Uno started being offensive, the rest of the 2.75 rounds he basically spent avoiding a K.O. at the hands of Spencer. Wandy fought his heart out, but,IMO, Rich won because of his accuracy.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
CBCS

They say they judge on octagon control and aggressiveness. If they do, then both of these fights should have at least been splits and not unamious. IMO.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Blade

In my opinion the worst decision of the night by far belonged to Caol Uno for that lateral mullet....awful, lol.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Jason 16

Wandy won rounds 2 and 3 no doubt in my mind