Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Stevie Wonder could see that was an Eye Poke!

However Al Turk was on his way anyway!

Swick as ever looked impressive but for me i dont ever think he make the top top tier.

He needs another win before he faces the Top dogs, maybe throw him Serra!

I am gutted for Kongo, he was so close to KO Cain and I gotta hand it to the Mexican for his chin. Poor Kongo, so close, yet so far.

However he really needs to work on his ground game, he should've learnt from the loss to the Texas Crazy Horse Heath Herring. If he had that he could dominate this division!

I still would love to watch Kongo against Brock.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
David_Banner

Kongo is the Gatekeeper you've got to get through to get to the HW gatekeeper. Its safe to say his free ride is over.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Swick as ever looked impressive but for me i dont ever think he make the top top tier.
I dont see how you can say that, Swick is phenomenal. He looks like he's on crack but I see very few being able to stand and strike with him. He has got insane amounts of grit.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Kongo is the Gatekeeper you've got to get through to get to the HW gatekeeper. Its safe to say his free ride is over.
He never had that in the first place
Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I dont see how you can say that, Swick is phenomenal. He looks like he's on crack but I see very few being able to stand and strike with him. He has got insane amounts of grit.

Yeah sure he looked great against a novice Ben Saunders.

But as Swick tried and struggled with Louiseau and then got beat by Okami and his route was blocked.

At Welterweight he stands more of a chance but i see Hughes, Alves, GSP, BJ Penn, Koscheck as people who would stuff his rise to the top.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:

What free ride! Congo has fought and fought people and got good runs only to lose as he gets in knocking distance of the title. He took the fight long distance, usually provides an exciting fight.

Congo is the man annd i hope he gets another chance.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Yeah sure he looked great against a novice Ben Saunders.

But as Swick tried and struggled with Louiseau and then got beat by Okami and his route was blocked.

At Welterweight he stands more of a chance but i see Hughes, Alves, GSP, BJ Penn, Koscheck as people who would stuff his rise to the top.
I concure. But I think that the UFC did him a dis-service by fast tracking Anderson Silva. You will recall that Rich Franklin was laid off for a time, and Mike Swick was a top contender, who I think should have been allowed to fight Franklin on his return. But the UFC in their wisdom, saw Silva rising and bypassed Swick, who subsequently lost and fell off the ladder.

Fast Tracking Anderson Silva changed the whole course of UFC History, ultimately leading to the departure of two Great Men from the division who never got the chance to face each other. Rich Franklin went up, Mike Swick went Down...both are not in as good a position as they were prior to the appearence of the latest Glass Ceiling. No doubt Anderson Silva deserves to be at the Top, he has prooved his fast tracking was justified, but he is begining to tire and be bored, and his past few performances have shown that, ultimately, the UFC might have pushed him quicker to his departure also. He may have taken more time to reach the title had they not messed around, and had more pleasure at the top.

You see how one little political change, can ruin things for the whole division. Quite possibly Rich Franklin, Mike Swick, and Anderson Silva himself will proove in hindsight to have been the human cost of this particular fast tracking by the UFC. I blame Dana White.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Look what he did to his first 4 opponents. Sure, they weren't top calipre, but they had to deal with his explosive onslaught. I don't think would struggle with anyone more than GSP. If he can best the rest I think he'd give GSP a run
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Josh

Kongo is a cheating piece of trash. I hope Cro Cop gets a rematch with him so he can smash his face.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Kongo is a cheating piece of trash. I hope Cro Cop gets a rematch with him so he can smash his face.
thats a little harsh...there is no need to be so rude. Yes he sometimes accidently...and I reckon possibly unaccidently, produces low blows...but he's usually provoked

He's not Greasy P now is he