Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Maldonado136

they both showed awesome heart but they also didnt look at good as they have in the past. great fight nonetheless and i think it was the right decision
Old 06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Josh

Wandy lost. That really sucks. At least Cro Cop won and Swick. By the way Swick never gets much respect but to me he has been pretty impressive. Not all of his wins were super exciting but at least he is reasonably well rounded and he gets the W.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Wandy may have lost, but he went down fighting, and that was an awesome fight.

Wish I could comment more, but I just caught a stream before the main event started, I forgot this was an early one today. I should see the rest of the fights later tonight.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

I am SO glad Rich won!!!!

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!!!

SO AM I

I was so worried for him...I was sooo worried by the middle of the second round I was only staring at the little clock willing it to speed up...so in the third round I was like nooooo...when they stopped for a time out...the clock dissapeared and didnt reapear for a bout two moments I was forced to watch and I was like...asking myself why I was getting so worked up...I have never been so anxious when Franklin has had a fight before...but it might have a lot to do with the fact I now talk to him by Email reasonably regularly, more so sinse his last loss to Dan Henderson...and then there was the tips he gave me for weight loss which have REALLY helpped...and suddenly...the thought of him losing is not just a pain in the emotional ass...its actually a worry...
Old 06-13-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!!!

Me too!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!!!

thumbs up to that
Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Maldonado136

ive learned within the last hour that this is the only mma forum where i wont get a headache reading the posts. i have come to the conclusion that many (almost all) hardcore wanderlei fans are the most annoying ones in mma. this doesnt apply to any wanderlei fans on these forums. in any case he fought an awesome fight as usual and so did franklin.

Last edited by Maldonado136; 06-13-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
ive learned within the last hour that this is the only mma forum where i wont get a headache reading the posts. i have come to the conclusion that many (almost all) hardcore wanderlei fans are the most annoying ones in mma. this doesnt apply to any wanderlei fans on these forums.
Gracie fans are quite bad, GSP fans can be quite aweful...and BJ Penn fans...well....

Silva is fantastic. In my mind, its a shame the UFC forced these two into fighting because its not a war that anyone can win without it being to the detriment of the other. If you dont like Franklin, then I think you are seriously missing one of the nicest guys in the sport...and one of the few who knows what its like to have a full time career outside of the sport. If you dont like Silva, then you havent got a good eye for what makes a true gentleman and what true charisma is...Silva is fugly to look at...and yet also one of the most beautiful characters within the sport...if you cant see that from listening to him...then there is no point in you watching MMA...you're unlikely to find these sorts of professionals anywhere else.

The thing about them is they are well loved....they may not be GSP or Anderson Silva...you know...super tallented and gifted...no these guys are actually increadibly human...but thats what endears them...thats why they cant lose...The crowd was not pleased by the result...because the result was largely a mute point to them. You see this in fights where the loser has a bigger support base then the winner...take Grispi/Pulver. Who won that match??? Are you SURE it was Grispi?? Nothing but his record reflects it. He was sad after the match, he was sad in his post fight interview, he was sad at the post fight press conference...why...because people loved Jens more...even if he lost he got more attention...and whats the first thing Grispi does after the match?? Goes to get an autograph from Jens

These guys have something that NOT all fighters, even successful ones will EVER have.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Maldonado136

Swick: "You gonna hold me all night?"

Saunders: "something stand back up b****"

lol anyone else catch that??