Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Krupp

Wanderlei is my hero, and I'm not watching this fight...it's kinda sad. Someone please tell me what happens.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Maldonado136

UFC 99 PLAY-BY-PLAY:

-Wanderlei Silva vs. Rich Franklin
R1 – Both fighters taking their time to gauge their range, careful not to over commit. Silva swings hard with the right hand, but eats a counter to the body by Franklin. Franklin lands lefts body kick, but Silva counters with overhand right. Franklin again goes for the body kick, but Silva catches it and takes him to the ground, starting to ground and pound from inside full guard. Franklin gets out and up to his feet. Silva attempts a guillotine, but can't secure it and falls to his back. Franklin follows him down and starts ground and pound, but Silva gets back up and they take center cage. Franklin lands a couple hard strikes as the round ends. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Franklin.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Bloody Hell.

Rich Franklin gave me a fright then. That was CLOSE!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Maldonado136

R2 – Silva lands a right kick to the body, but not much damage. Silva looks tired. Franklin still has a spring in his step. Good exchange, neither gaining much advantage. Straight right from Silva, but he slips, and then pops back up. Franklin doing a good job with timed kicks to the leg and body, not a lot of damage, but accumulative. Silva fires off a hard combination and he's still swinging for the knockout. Another good body kick from Franklin followed by a punch combination, but Silva fires back and buckles Franklin, picking up the pace. He rocks Franklin again and has him backed on the fence. Franklin survives and pushes out to center cage. Franklin fires back strong just before the end of the round. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Silva.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
Wanderlei is my hero, and I'm not watching this fight...it's kinda sad. Someone please tell me what happens.
Franklin by EXTREMELY close decision.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Maldonado136

R3 – They slap hands to start the round then start exchanging blows. Franklin lands a straight left that pushes Silva back. Both looking tired, but Silva more so. Franklin lands a good left. Franklin lands a low kick to the groin. Silva steps back for a minute, but shakes it off and they continue, slugging it out. Franklin is using head movement, trying to slip Silva's punches. Silva gets the crowd going, waving his arms in the air. Silva is pressing the fight now, stalking Franklin, throwing leg and body kicks. Franklin blocks a head kick. Franklin trying to keep the distance now and stay out of Silva's knockout range. Silva rushes Franklin with under a minute left, landing a few punches, but nothing of not. Franklin takes him down. Silva gets up, but Franklin stays on him, keeping him on the fence as Silva unleashes a small flurry of reverse elbows as the bell sounds. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Franklin, the fight 29-28 for Franklin.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Krupp

And, my day has finally done it. A completely crappy day. Tell me Wanderlei, if they interview him, is not planning on retiring..
Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

my fans are my victory...I fight for my fans

Says Silva. Blessss...if you dont love them both, you dont love anyone
Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
And, my day has finally done it. A completely crappy day. Tell me Wanderlei, if they interview him, is not planning on retiring..
nope. Doesnt sound like it.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
nope. Doesnt sound like it.
At least I won't be crying myself to sleep tonight.