Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default UFC99 spoilers thread*********

if you get interested in a specific match, feel free to start another thread.

I'm about to start watching the countdown show

but the under card is already underway.

Here are the results so far courtesy of sherdog

John Hathaway vs. Ricky Story
Round 1
Most of the first minute is spent with both fighters in the clinch. Story gets a takedown. Hathaway gets a reversal as the fighters trade positions. At the midway point of the round, Story executes a mild slam. Hathaway gets to his feet and is taken back down. Hathaway locks on a kimura from the bottom and holds it until the bell rings. 10-9 Hathaway.

Round 2
Much of the second round is spent trading on the feet. Hathaway gets a takedown and punishes his opponent from the top position. From his back, Story goes for a guillotine, but he canít secure the hold. Hathaway escapes, but gives up the top. Story closes the round strong with punches and elbows from the top. 10-9 Story.

Round 3
The fight goes immediately to the ground to start the final period. Story takes the top position after a scramble. Story works for a kimura from half guard. Story lets go to punch and elbow the head. Hathaway shows good defense and gets offensive as he goes high with his hips in search of a triangle. Story frees himself and then is forced to fight off an armbar. Hathaway, 10-9.

Hathaway is awarded the unanimous decision. Scores forthcoming.

Stefan Struve vs. Denis Stojnic
Round 1
Stojnic pushes Struve to the fence in search of a trip takedown. Struve gets back to the center of the Octagon and is tripped to the canvas. Stojnic stands in the guard of his opponent and lands hammerfists. From his back, Struve looks for an armbar and a kimura. Stojnic escapes and pounds away from the top. Struve looks for a triangle and is abused by more punches. Struve is hurt and bleeding. Referee Dan Miragliotta stops the action so Struveís cut can be checked out. Heís cleared and the round ends. 10-9 Stojnic.

Round 2
Struve gets the top as the fighters wrestle for position. Stojnic gives up his back. Struve is bleeding all over his foe as he locks on a body triangle and looks for a rear-naked choke. Stojnic tries to stand up while being choked. Struve brings him back down and forces a tapout at the 2:37 mark of round one. Struve celebrates his victory under a mask of blood.

So far so good. I know Stefan Struve from Cage Gladiators, I think Emile Coleman has a vested interest in him. Also I picked Hathaway to win
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Sherdog is having "technical issues" in covering a live play by play event because its in continental Europe I suppose
Old 06-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Sherdog is having "technical issues" in covering a live play by play event because its in continental Europe I suppose
Germany is censoring it all......

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Germany is censoring it all......

~Amy
PPV has just begun
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
PPV has just begun

I'm not watching it until 10 pm tonight. That's the normal time for PPV here. So now I'm off to run errands so that I don't accidentally read the **spoilers** thread and get all crybaby over learning the results before seeing it for myself.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
I'm not watching it until 10 pm tonight. That's the normal time for PPV here. So now I'm off to run errands so that I don't accidentally read the **spoilers** thread and get all crybaby over learning the results before seeing it for myself.

~Amy
Old 06-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Buffer is speaking GERMAN....Blesssss
Old 06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

So its Marcus Davis V Dan Hardy, Marcus did really well, it was slow to start, but he managed to get two takedowns, Dan is very good defensivley, but other then a few strikes at the end (one of which cut Davis) and a few footstomps...he didnt do so well

It is my friend Marc Goddard who is the Ref. They hate each other because Marcus pretends to be Irish with his flag and kilt...but Dan pointed out he was really american.

The second round was hard to score, they traded and Dan hardy did well. Then Marcus gets dropped...looked like a flash KO, but Marc didnt see it, they continued on the ground and Marcus made plenty of submission attempts but they didnt get far. They were stood up and Marcus took Hardy down

third round begins with Marcus knocking down Dan, but its nothing but a position struggle on the ground. It ends when Dan gets to the feet in a scramble after several leg lock attempts by Marcus. Hardy gets a takedown, the cut gets worse for Marcus so they stop the fight to have it checked. They aggree to a restart. I dont know how to score this...in the last moment Marc stands them up.

...and it goes to a decision. Razor close...I mean Marcus Davis looks like shyte...but...he might have been the technical better...Its impossible for me to tell. First round Marcus, second round Davis...third round..who knows!

the judges give it to....its split....DAN HARDY
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Now Caol Uno (although he is thirty-four, he looks really...erm...youthful...its bizzare!) and Spencer Fisher, He's being accompanied by Matt Pena.

yamazaki as ref

Very slow start indeed. I think that Spencer is winning, he is doing it by kicks when they are locked up, but they were locked against the fence so long there was a restart. There was two major takedowns by Uno, and it has to be said, spencer has developed an almighty sprawl.

Second round. Both guys get a takedown, but Spencer is remarkable in his sprawl and scramble and really good at trying to keep Uno in his guard. He really is working for his money tonight. The fans dont like it...but thats because its reasonably slow....but if you watch whats going on its fascinating

I think thats two rounds to Spencer myself....I think Matt Pena is dissagreeing with me...but its hard to make out what they are saying in the corner.

uno is just sticking to Fisher like super glue...but Fisher keeps getting back up....I think it makes Uno look worse then it does help him. It might neutralize Fisher but it doesnt solve anything.

beautifully Fisher gets a takedown, jumps to side control and then gets rolled over by Uno and so they go back to the feet. Very nice indeed.

Uno gets mount within the last moment...it might have won him the fight that.

The decision goes to....and its Unan towards...Spencer Fisher.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Rumour has it Paul Taylor defeated Peter Sobotta via unanimous decision and Paul Kelly outpointed Roli Delgado by unanimous decision.

Courtesy of Sherdog