Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-13-2009, 06:22 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
My point was with an MRI the wait could kill ya.

We already have free health care. EVERY county in the US have free clinics. If you have a need it is there. The only complaint with those is the wait. As a matter of fact, the last complaint that I heard from you was the wait time in the ER. Well, you can triple that with Nationalized health care. But no, you personally won't have a bill. I will be paying it with my taxes.
Every county has a free clinic? You're wrong.

Not only that, but most free clinics only see a certain amount of people a day,
AND they do not do any emergency treatment, they will send you to the ER.

and no, WE will be paying it. Also, other countries spend LESS on healthcare than we do already.
So the myth than universal healthcare is more expensive is a complete joke.

oh, and why do you keep missing the part that LESS people are dying from things in other countries than they are here.
So the wait for the MRI isn't going to kill you, its ok. They have better mortality rates, look at the NUMBERS.

Last edited by atomdanger; 06-13-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:25 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The government can barely run the post office. I don't see how they could possibly manage the health of every American citizen, aside from controlling our every action and essentially squashing our freedoms to "protect" our health. Of course, they are already doing that with the cigarette companies.

I seriously don't understand how anyone would be STUPID enough to want to trust their lives to some detached, overworked, uncaring, government bureaucrat. Again, talk to our veterans and see just how satisfied they are with their free healthcare.
I think its a joke that every American sees things working all over the world,
but some how convinces themselves that OUR way of doing things is better.

Its a good giggle, and its that attitude that makes a lot of people hate us.
We think we're so much better, we do everything right, and we can't learn from anybody.

I think its sad as "the most powerful nation on earth" we can't figure out a way to have healthcare.
Very sad...
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
and that is idiotic.

Ask any cancer victim who is in debt how they feel about their bill,
or losing their home, or going into debt....

Also, when you're in the military you can go to any emergency room in the country and be treated for free.
So... why didn't he go to a different hosp?
Not to mention, your comparison of military healthcare doesn't work.
Other countries (almost EVERY other one) have healthcare and better numbers than us. So.....

By the statistics, they are doing better than us, and saving money.
I don't buy that. I've heard that the mortality rates and the quality of healthcare in countries like England and Canada are much, much worse than what we have here in the United States.

And do you honestly believe that a person who makes $20,000 a year is going to get free cancer treatment at the expense of our government? That's ridiculous, that person will get shuffled into the system in the hopes that they die before the government has to spend a single penny to make them healthy.

It's not going to work; but I guess some people are just going to have to find that out the hard way and pay with their lives or the lives of their loved ones.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

and no, WE will be paying it. Also, other countries spend LESS on healthcare than we do already.

oh, and why do you keep missing the part that LESS people are dying from things in other countries than they are here.
So the wait for the MRI isn't going to kill you, its ok. They have better mortality rates, look at the NUMBERS.
They spend less because they cut corners. lol.

And don't quote me numbers on mortality rates. The rates given are what is reported. Denmark just completed a study. They decided years ago that women didn't really need yearly mammograms and all this preventattive stuff for women's breast cancer. The study showed that 39% of women who died had breast cancer. The cause of death was listed as other causes. So, they proposed that their study showed that all those preventive measures WERE unneccessary that these women died anyway.

What you have to truly consider is who got to decide the cause of death and did they have anything influencing their decision.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
The US has an average of 89 MRI machines per 1 million people. In the UK, they have 17 or 18 (can't remember which). That is how they cut costs. Imagine the wait time with so few machines. Those kinds of cuts does not equal better health care.
I had to wait 14 months for my MRI scan...but actually, only two months of that was an actual wait...it took twelve months to see the Neurologist to decide if I actually needed an MRI scan
Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:

Tell me a county that doesn't have a free clinic.

Free clinics only see a certain number of patient's per day because they are TOLD that is all they can see. EVERY medical facility will be that way under Nationalized health care. Didn't you read the article? They will be told 'You operate under this budget and you get not a penny more.' AND they are expected to cut budget every year because as they get better at what they do they should be more proficient therefore cutting costs every year. How many businesses do you know that cut their costs every year?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I would love to hear an opinion from someone on what you think this means! Especially from someone who is pro National health care.
I would say, He's moving towards Nationalizing the Health Service.

I think you havent got anything to worry about though. He's bluffing over funds. He cant possibly Nationalize in time for the next Ellection. So I think you will just watch a slow slide to nationalism that either dies through lack of funds (in which case he will pretend it was never his idea in the first place) or you will see it abruptly reversed after the next General.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I had to wait 14 months for my MRI scan...but actually, only two months of that was an actual wait...it took twelve months to see the Neurologist to decide if I actually needed an MRI scan
Exactly! And luckily nothing was wrong. If you have a condition that truly needs a MRI to diagnose then 14 months will literally determine whether you live or die.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I am using the UK because it is one of the worst. Canada doesn't have much better numbers than the UK.

And no it doesn't bother me that we don't have nationalize health care. I think it sucks.

Does it bother you that the government wants to force you to pay for someone else's insurance (and shytty insurance to boot)?

Oh wait....Do YOU have a job? Do you have insurance?
he doesnt need one. Soon you will be paying for him

OMG...thats actually the truth
Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The government can barely run the post office.

Our Government has done so poorly with Royal Mail, they have sold half of it to continental Europe

OMG...thats the truth also