Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,471
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
You also just can't compare to the UK.

We're the only industrialized country without health care,
doesn't that bother you?

and America is by far not top notch.
Look up polls, mortality rates, etc...

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
Just that one, for instance, by the World Health Org ranks us 37th.
(this one was done in 2000, but has it changed much in America?,
and it was just an example)
I am using the UK because it is one of the worst. Canada doesn't have much better numbers than the UK.

And no it doesn't bother me that we don't have nationalize health care. I think it sucks.

Does it bother you that the government wants to force you to pay for someone else's insurance (and shytty insurance to boot)?

Oh wait....Do YOU have a job? Do you have insurance?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:08 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
That is EXACTLY the line of thinking that I am talking about.


Ask Dave how long it took him to get one.

If you have a condition requiring an MRI then it is USUALLY something where getting it in a timely manner would most certainly make a difference. That is why I chose it as an example. But the same is true with ALL medical equipment. Under National health care programs equipment is one of the first things cut.
"Canada has 4.6 MRI scanners per million population while the U.S. had 19.5 per million. Canada's 10.3 CT scanners per million also ranked behind the U.S., which had 29.5 per million"

What about Canada?
They have a higher life expectancy and a better mortality rate than us.
You can't have EVERYTHING, and I personally would rather have to wait for an MRI and not worry about the bill.
People are so silly, you get caught up in the propaganda that the government is going to tell you what Dr to see,
and you're going to die of cancer while you wait for treatment,
and that just isn't the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:11 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I am using the UK because it is one of the worst. Canada doesn't have much better numbers than the UK.

And no it doesn't bother me that we don't have nationalize health care. I think it sucks.

Does it bother you that the government wants to force you to pay for someone else's insurance (and shytty insurance to boot)?

Oh wait....Do YOU have a job? Do you have insurance?
I do have a job, probably a better one than you,
but unlike a lot of people who act like they care, I actually DO care about people.

and I don't think a US citizen should be without health care.
Not to mention, a LOT of jobs don't offer health care.

Also, we spend more money on healthcare than Canada does,
(higher figure, and a higher percentage. In 2004, Canada government-spending was $2,120 (in US dollars) per person on health care, while the United States government-spending $2,724.)
and we have 50 million American's who aren't covered.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,471
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

You would have to read this article to understand that ranking systems. They tell how they set it up and how they grade it. For instance, on ranking is based on what they think is fair. lol. I'm not sure who gets to decide. Also, we ranked #1 in two of their categories. You have to understand quite a bit about the WHO to understand these rankings. Also, keep in mind that the WHO wants nationalized health care. They have more power and influence with National health care countries.



http://www.photius.com/rankings/who_...lth_ranks.html

WHO’s assessment system was based on five indicators: overall level of population health; health inequalities (or disparities) within the population; overall level of health system responsiveness (a combination of patient satisfaction and how well the system acts); distribution of responsiveness within the population (how well people of varying economic status find that they are served by the health system); and the distribution of the health system’s financial burden within the population (who pays the costs).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,471
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
"Canada has 4.6 MRI scanners per million population while the U.S. had 19.5 per million. Canada's 10.3 CT scanners per million also ranked behind the U.S., which had 29.5 per million"

What about Canada?
They have a higher life expectancy and a better mortality rate than us.
You can't have EVERYTHING, and I personally would rather have to wait for an MRI and not worry about the bill.
People are so silly, you get caught up in the propaganda that the government is going to tell you what Dr to see,
and you're going to die of cancer while you wait for treatment,
and that just isn't the truth.
My point was with an MRI the wait could kill ya.
(edit: I have an MRI of the head in mind. lol. Not of your knees etc. I work in the ER and kinda have that mindset.)

We already have free health care. EVERY county in the US have free clinics. If you have a need it is there. The only complaint with those is the wait. As a matter of fact, the last complaint that I heard from you was the wait time in the ER. Well, you can triple that with Nationalized health care. But no, you personally won't have a bill. I will be paying it with my taxes.

Last edited by Neezar; 06-13-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

I spent ten years under the free healthcare of the US military and I think it's absolute stupidity that we are going to nationalize healthcare in this nation.

This country not only survived over 200 years without national healthcare, but we became the most powerful nation in the world. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that we suddenly need it now.

Also, show me exactly where in the Constitution that it says that Americans are entitled to healthcare.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
and I personally would rather have to wait for an MRI and not worry about the bill.
Seriously, that's just idiotic.

Ask any veteran how healthy and happy they are spending half of their lives waiting for care in VA hospitals. My brother tried to take advantage of the VA medical system and it took him six months just to get a blood test and even when he showed up for that blood test and sat two hours in the waiting room, it was cancelled and rescheduled for three months later.

But if you don't mind waiting....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Almost everyone I know has a general distrust for the government yet many of those people want to let them run their health care. Neezar is an RN if I remember correctly
and I personally work in health care and most of the people I talk to are scared to dealth of national health care. That includes some pretty hardcore liberals.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Almost everyone I know has a general distrust for the government yet many of those people want to let them run their health care. Neezar is an RN if I remember correctly
and I personally work in health care and most of the people I talk to are scared to dealth of national health care. That includes some pretty hardcore liberals.
The government can barely run the post office. I don't see how they could possibly manage the health of every American citizen, aside from controlling our every action and essentially squashing our freedoms to "protect" our health. Of course, they are already doing that with the cigarette companies.

I seriously don't understand how anyone would be STUPID enough to want to trust their lives to some detached, overworked, uncaring, government bureaucrat. Again, talk to our veterans and see just how satisfied they are with their free healthcare.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Seriously, that's just idiotic.

Ask any veteran how healthy and happy they are spending half of their lives waiting for care in VA hospitals. My brother tried to take advantage of the VA medical system and it took him six months just to get a blood test and even when he showed up for that blood test and sat two hours in the waiting room, it was cancelled and rescheduled for three months later.

But if you don't mind waiting....
and that is idiotic.

Ask any cancer victim who is in debt how they feel about their bill,
or losing their home, or going into debt....

Also, when you're in the military you can go to any emergency room in the country and be treated for free.
So... why didn't he go to a different hosp?
Not to mention, your comparison of military healthcare doesn't work.
Other countries (almost EVERY other one) have healthcare and better numbers than us. So.....

By the statistics, they are doing better than us, and saving money.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.