Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-13-2009, 03:50 AM
cubsfan47

Default Hockey

Penguins are freaking awesome!

Unlike a certain baseball team I follow.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 AM
ufcfan2

Ya, it was a good game of what I did watch. Im kindof glad that Detroit didn't win it again,though I don't find them as annoying as yanks/bosox/pats; I'm just glad someone else won it.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

Yeah, it was a great game, and I am not a hockey fan ... glad the pens won ....
Old 06-13-2009, 04:19 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Ya, it was a good game of what I did watch. Im kindof glad that Detroit didn't win it again,though I don't find them as annoying as yanks/bosox/pats; I'm just glad someone else won it.
if you follow hockey a lot, you'd find them even more annoying then those teams...Their fans are 90% bandwagon and really obnoxious...and they seem to get away with many more penalties specifically offsides, hooking, and interference...and when the do get called with a penalty, the argue even when it is obvious.........and they flop more than a european soccer player during the world cup
Old 06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
if you follow hockey a lot, you'd find them even more annoying then those teams...Their fans are 90% bandwagon and really obnoxious...and they seem to get away with many more penalties specifically offsides, hooking, and interference...and when the do get called with a penalty, the argue even when it is obvious.........and they flop more than a european soccer player during the world cup
Well in regular season I only watch my local team(St.Blues) and thats pretty much all i get to see anyways....
Ya, I don't know much about Penguins fans,so no way to know their pros/cons on their loyalty. I wont say Detroit and any canadian fans are that way as I know their pretty dedicated to their teams. I can say fans in St.Louis are pretty consistant and loyal to the Blues team.
I will give Detroit alot of credit they seem to be one of the most consistant teams in the league. Even with their aging roster and changes of coach they remain a top team each year.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
TurnOnTheBrightLights

Can't stand the Penguins (I'm a Ranger fan), but they wanted it more. Talbot and Scuderi were clutch as can be.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
dani

RANGERS!!! ugh lol im a DEVILS FAN!!! i love hockey.. grew up around it.. brother played and dad coached little league.. my sister even played.. i was too young yet.. i remember sitting on the side ledge and watching them skate by.. went to a lot of games..season tix the year they won the cup in 2003.. saw game 7 of 2003 live.. amazing... !! took a pic with the cup.. met jamie langenbrunner.. hockey fanatics.. good job to the pens this year they deserved it.. crosby is the youngest captian to win the cup.. congrats to him and Fleury better slow down or he might beat martys record for the most goalie victories.. and im not gonna be too happy.. lol

Last edited by dani; 06-17-2009 at 12:33 AM.