Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 06-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Stump Rules!

Default Scales

I was just wondering what type of scale does everyone use. I just bought a digital one and it fluctuates a good 8-10 pounds when ever I get on it.I had one of those old school ones that you wait til the numbers stop at the red line.It was always right on if I weighed myself the first thing every morning.Always was the same as the gym and Dr's. I had it some years and of course now they all seem to be digital.
Any good, reliable brands that don't cost a hundred bucks? I'm about to join up at a gym again so I guess I can use theirs but want one at home to ( to remind me to keep going to the gym )

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Stump Rules!

Hello???? Party people??? Hellooooo????

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-13-2009, 05:30 AM
sender

I just use the old crappy one at the gym... I'm probably like 115 but it reads 180 so I'll have to go by that haha
Old 06-13-2009, 05:31 AM
sender

oh and yeh dont really know what a good one you can buy is :S Word on the street that scale thing that comes with the WII Fit is pretty good? I've never used it though
Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I use a Tanita digital scale that I bought a few years back. I bought it for the BIA technology, but it's BS. However, the weight is accurate.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I use a Tanita digital scale that I bought a few years back. I bought it for the BIA technology, but it's BS. However, the weight is accurate.
Yeah, i use the tanita also, but the BF% is inaccurate as it fluctuates too much depending on weather you are too hydrated or too dehydrated .. just like you said ...
Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Yep, that's what I have too. So....it's not lying to me?

Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Electronic Digital one...I have the other one with the dial and needle but...firstly...its not as accurate and secondly...last time I got on it...I was off the scale
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
logrus

I don't use a scale, I get hydro tested, but then again im better then you MHR so deal with it.. =P

All joking aside no matter what scale I use I notice a huge increase or decrease in weight depending on day, temp, water consumption, where on the floor its placed and if it wants to work correctly. I get the hydro done for free so every 2-4 week I go just to make sure I am either maintaining or staying within 1 - 1.5% Body fat.

For weight I don't care, its body fat I try to keep in check.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
I don't use a scale, I get hydro tested, but then again im better then you MHR so deal with it.. =P

All joking aside no matter what scale I use I notice a huge increase or decrease in weight depending on day, temp, water consumption, where on the floor its placed and if it wants to work correctly. I get the hydro done for free so every 2-4 week I go just to make sure I am either maintaining or staying within 1 - 1.5% Body fat.

For weight I don't care, its body fat I try to keep in check.
1.5% body fat bro????

Pics or shens!!!